Beginners and Beyond

Olean HM - RR (Read 81 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Great job Jay! You're one heck of a runner.

- Andrew

B-Plus

Congrats champ!

Pinktastic

Congrats, Jay!   Way to ROCK this HM!   Thanks for sharing - you tell a great story!   And, I agree with Phil.   What did you win?  Surely there was some great swag for the numero uno runner.....

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great race, jay!

Damaris

Ric-G

great stuff Jay and congrats! and thanks for the pronunciation guide.

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I can't believe you're able to chit chat while running a half and you still manage to finish in that time.

Seriously!

Great job! You are incredibly fast. Good luck with your upcoming races. Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

So not the Olean with........

Randy

Phil- Trophy.  It would have been better to carry this one up the hill a couple weeks ago -- but $25 HMs are far and few between, so it's just fine.  I also won a suspiciously similar cat again!  We'll see if this batch of Kung Po Kitty tastes as good.

Also, an Oski-style race photo, making these runners instantly recognizable, lol.  Sean in the shades, Joe in the blue and red, another Sean from Pennsylvania who finished 5th, and yours truly, totally unaware of a big chunk of ice in his beard.  WE ARE STANDING ON (DEAD) GRASS, NOT SNOW!

Lily - yes, Oleanne would be right en Francais.  Oddly, there is a town named Du Bois in PA that is pronounced Doo Boys... stupid 'Muricans.  I always say it wrong/right as du bwah on purpose Big grin  And of course, there is some conjecture that Buffalo was a corruption of Beau Fleuve.

George - thanks, I hope so!

Everyone else - thank you for the kind words, it was a fun race.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats, Jay!   Dang, 20 degree breezes...I'd have been carrying a thermos of hot-something-or-other along with me for the whole route!  Well, glad you did not have snow, at least!   Nice trophy too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Congratulations, Jay!  You always impress us.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Phil- Trophy.  It would have been better to carry this one up the hill a couple weeks ago -- but $25 HMs are far and few between, so it's just fine.  I also won a suspiciously similar cat again!  We'll see if this batch of Kung Po Kitty tastes as good.

Also, an Oski-style race photo, making these runners instantly recognizable, lol.  Sean in the shades, Joe in the blue and red, another Sean from Pennsylvania who finished 5th, and yours truly, totally unaware of a big chunk of ice in his beard.  WE ARE STANDING ON (DEAD) GRASS, NOT SNOW!

Lily - yes, Oleanne would be right en Francais.  Oddly, there is a town named Du Bois in PA that is pronounced Doo Boys... stupid 'Muricans.  I always say it wrong/right as du bwah on purpose Big grin  And of course, there is some conjecture that Buffalo was a corruption of Beau Fleuve.

George - thanks, I hope so!

Everyone else - thank you for the kind words, it was a fun race.

I see the cat approves.

Damaris

happylily

That's one human owner who must be very proud of his human. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Also, an Oski-style race photo, making these runners instantly recognizable, lol.

I APPROVE!

Also - your kitty is so damn cute!

Hip Redux

BTW - I like how they specified that it was a half marathon "run".   Don't want it to get confused with other half marathons!