Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : I Finally Got My Long Awaited Raise At Work, And... (Read 96 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Gustav, do you have a TV when you are on the stationary? I keep my bike trainer and treadmill in the

basement and I would go nuts without the TV to watch! Good job on the 2 hours!

My trainer is setup in our sun room so I see the woods, some wildlife, and birds. I read both printed material and iPhone/iPad. I set the iPad on a stool and put iHeart radio on and read off the iPhone. Reading the iPhone is tuff, posting is impossible. I need a holder for the iPad because my wife says if I drop and break it, my butt is toast! I also found a lava lamp in the basement but have not set it up where I can see it - I'm sure that would provide me with hours of entertainment!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Make sure they are the right shoe for you before you buy them in PINK!  I've found that once you find the best shoe for you, no foot or legs issues will come.  Well, unless you do TMTS, but perfect shoes for you should fix most of the issues.  Enjoy!

D, I got the Brooks Ghost 5.  I just went to the Brooks site and found them in pink.  PINK!  I can't believe I didn't realize they came in pink!  Oh well.  Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Make sure they are the right shoe for you before you buy them in PINK!  I've found that once you find the best shoe for you, no foot or legs issues will come.  Well, unless you do TMTS, but perfect shoes for you should fix most of the issues.  Enjoy!

Oh I won't be buying another pair.  I'm a on a single pair budget.

But I do have the VIP membership at RR so I have 90 days to try them out.  So if they aren't right, I can just take them back. Smile

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Hope they work for you.  Trying to find the right shoe and not finding it is frustrating as hell.

Oh I won't be buying another pair.  I'm a on a single pair budget.

But I do have the VIP membership at RR so I have 90 days to try them out.  So if they aren't right, I can just take them back. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Hope they work for you.  Trying to find the right shoe and not finding it is frustrating as hell.

Thanks!  They felt amazing this morning.  Hopefully they continue to feel this good.

Do you even run?

YAYpril - B-Plus

10 done with a godawful head wind the entire last mile.

We ran past a school that had one of those speed detectors. It actually registered us. Our speed was 6. Big grin

Beth, that's sooooo exciting!!

Luke79

What's up guys.  Sorry about the crappy raise LRB :P  I had a few years of not much since the recession and then last year they gave me 10%.  I was all like hells to the yeah son!

SRD for me....my quads are friggin TRASHED after yesterdays 9.6 mile trail run.  I'll do some easy stationary bike though, and probably take a walk.  Have a great Sunday everyone.

Hi dailies:

Rick - any raise is better than no raise though, right?

Basya - good luck with the 10

Beth - have fun

good luck at the marathon to Lily!

Heidi - yikes, stay warm

Scotty - enjoy that nice weather

April - what would happen if the speed limit was 5, I wonder? Smile

Heading out to do my first 10K ever.  (And first race in Pennsylvania!)

Then LR later and maybe some football watching.  Have a good one guys.

Luke79

Oh yeah...Go Ravens...Go Niners.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi, Shirfan! Welcome to my state. Smile Enjoy the race! I can't wait to hear how fast you went.

Shakedown Street

going out for 10 shortly

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

On my way out to do 5ish - another beautiful running day here in CO.

Heidi, stay warm.   We had that cold weather last week -brrrr....

You can call me Anna

LRB

Supp crew!

What happened with that was it coincided with the FICA tax adjustment this month.  So what would have been $60 bucks extra in my pocket twice a month, turned out to be $4 lousy dollars.

I had plans for that $120 per month but without it, I would have been $112 short per month.

So me being me, all I could do was laugh.  I mean, what else can you do.

Zelanie

OK, dailies, I need your advice.  Last week, the day after my LR I started feeling a pain in the back of my thigh, down towards the knee.  It felt like maybe a tight hammy, and definitely affected my gait.  It got better with several URDs, but I can still sort of feel it in the back of my knee now.  It doesn't affect my gait and doesn't seem to get worse or better when running on it.  Yesterday I did my normal MLR distance, which is 7 miles, today it feels the same.  Sort of a dull ache.

Over on the penguin thread, we've analyzed it to death and figured out that it is likely either worn shoes (current ones are getting close to 400 miles, and are my only pair), or a lack of foam rolling.  Or it could be a random ache that isn't related to anything, I guess.

So my question is this:  how would you recommend I structure my week this week?  Should I jump back into my plan as normal?  Should I do the mileage but none of the speedwork?  Should I cut distance from my LR?  Just not sure.  I am trying to balance avoiding a long term problem with making sure that I am still preparing myself for my HM (and ideally for a 10M in mid-March).

Kay- I might get those same shoes today!  The Ghosts were my second choice when I got my Wave Riders last fall.  I'm thinking of getting my second pair just a little bit before retiring the Wave Riders, and it probably makes sense to have a different feel to rotate between.  So those are going to be the first ones I try on, for sure.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Zelanie, I had that exact same thing a few months ago. It was pretty persistent for about a month, but then it eventually went away. My masseuse worked the hell out of it for 15 minutes one day and I used a tennis ball on it a lot too.