Beginners and Beyond

This gun's for hire FriDAILIES (Read 49 times)

happylily

“You can't start a fire worrying 'bout your little world falling apart..."

Hello, is anyone here? Are you all out running? How was it?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I'll run a few after work tonight.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Lily's starting the dailies again! We should call her Day-Lily.

9 miles on the treadmill this morning with 4 at tempo, while watching the Sopranos. Fuggedaboutit.

Dave

delicate flower

What up there, happylizzile fo' shizzle!

My legs are sore from last night's run (10.6 at 7:34 pace).  The problem I have with long hard runs late in the day is that it makes me all fidgety when I go to bed.  So, it took a while to fall asleep.  Anywho, 30 minute recovery on tap today.  After that I have to pack for our ski trip to Colorado.  

<3

ski trip to Colorado.  

:like:

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me.

Baboon, enjoy!

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

"Even if we're just dancing in the dark."

Didn't get out of bed to work out yesterday morning, so I made myself get up today, despite only 5-6 hours of sleep. 30 minutes on the bike, back, biceps and core.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

SRD today, I think I am going to ask my massage therapist if we could make it an hour and a half..... because my back and calves need a whole lot more work on them, I had no idea how many knots she would find in those spots but damn....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It has been raining consistently now since Wednesday night, 7 PM.  I am ready for the rain to stop now and see some sunshine.   Supposedly San Antonio will get sunshine this afternoon.  I hope so.  Rest day for me and after work today will be picking up mine and Gail's packets for the 5K we are both doing tomorrow morning.  I am doing my run/walk/photo thing and Gail is walking the 5K.   I should say 'power-walking" it cuz she is a speedy walker and usually finishes  5K events only a very short time after I finish.

Good luck with the few after work, Lily!  I'm guessing a 'few' for you is about 6...8...10....12.... 

Congrats on the miles, Dave.  Wow, hearing those high notes of the Sopranos didn't bother you while you were running? 

Happy trip and safe travel to you, Baboon!   As for 'fidgety' try drinking some chamomile (sp?) tea about an hour before bedtime...helps soothe and relax the system.   Gail got me to start trying it....I was very skeptical but the stuff does seem to work.

Way to get motivated this morning, Step!  Now you can go back to bed.

An hour and a half seems like an awfully long massage, FreeSoul.  You may not even be able to get up from the table after being worked on that long!

Damaris has an RD today!  fainting smiley photo: 1lg035faint 1lg035faint.gif

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

Last night I ran 9.5 miles with 5x1mile at HMP, 60 second recoveries.  Tonight is 9-10 easy.

LRB

'Sup!

Busy morning but I'm in the house, whoop-whoop! 

Zelanie

Even if we're just dancing in the dark, it's still nice to see you, dailies.

RD for me today. Smile

outoftheblue

"In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream."

Or in my case I'll be sweating it out on the treadmill.  5 easy miles planned.

Life is good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

:like:

Me too.

Hi Dailies.

SRD for me.  I am also feeling some aches and pains. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I would like to think that it's just normal for marathon training, but I'm only in week 4 so that is a bit of a concern. It has been a long time since I have run 40 miles in a week and it only increases from here, so I'm hoping it's just my legs getting used to it. I don't remember being this tired this early in the cycle. My crappy year at work certainly isn't helping.  On the bright side, it's 75 degrees and I'm taking the wife out to dinner.

Have a good day.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

"In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream."

Or in my case I'll be sweating it out on the treadmill.  5 easy miles planned.

I was also thinking of something like that when I read the today's title.  Baby we were born to run.

Great minds think alike. Smile