Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Membership has its Privileges (Read 43 times)

Just B.S.

I won't tell you how much we spent in emergency care for Pepper last week.  OMG.  

MTA - but she was worth it.

Buster had Lyme disease twice last year. That was an insanely expensive tick. Smile

But still much less than tuition. Smile and all worth every $$$$ to help those you love. Human

children and fur children.

added:  a friend posted on FB that their area is in total lockdown . All city schools closed again tomorrow. Helicopters flying  over her house every 15 minutes. People are hiding in their basements with doors barricaded.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope they catch him tonight.

Damaris

LRB

Thanks, and to you too!

Good day to you all, ladies and germs, Canadians and Daves!

Good to see you back bro.  Permanent or just passing through?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, hi, OldDave!  Come by any time!

Damaris

LRB

I would expect my jog pace to be somewhere in the 9:00 pace right now.  I was just going easy today, trying to keep the HR in check.  I'm very surprised at the pace.

Very nice Boon.  You are a winner, and what do winners do?  Win!

B-Plus

That's scary Beth! They should check the boats!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ran 1.5 miles with the Jumpstart group, pushing Dorian in the stroller. Strangely enough I felt like I was doing a pretty easy pace, finished in 15:29 with an average pace of 10:20 min/mile. Feeling pretty good actually.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

That's scary Beth! They should check the boats!

I still don't have the details with that...lemmie check CNN.com right quick.

LRB

I still don't have the details with that...lemmie check CNN.com right quick.

First story; four shot in Seattle. 

Guess I better grab a seat for this...which is exactly why I don't watch the fuckin news.

B-Plus

First story; four shot in Seattle. 

Guess I better grab a seat for this...which is exactly why I don't watch the fuckin news.

Wtf. You can check #monctonshooting

B-Plus

I had an ex whose parents didn't let the youngest daughter watch the news.

LRB

Wtf. You can check #monctonshooting

Yeah I don't do any of all of that stuff, I saw it though.

In the most polite city of all places, they were not expecting that.  Here, he would have been shot first then asked what the hell was he doing walking down the street armed.

LRB

I had an ex whose parents didn't let the youngest daughter watch the news.

I am 46 years old and that's 46 years of dumb ass, stupid ass, senseless ass murders.  You just get tired of it all man.   It doesn't mean it's gonna stop but the heart can only take so many heart breaking stories in a day.  And with the advent of social media and the world wide web, the tragedies are endless!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, the Seattle one happened less than an hour ago.

I usually try not to watch the local

news or I would be depressed forever. Between the 10 accidents per day, killings and people eating other people's faces, it's fucking depressing to watch what is going on.

Damaris

LRB

Between the 10 accidents per day, killings and people eating other people's faces, it's fucking depressing to watch what is going on.

I remember that, can you say bizarro world!  Say, did that guy live after that?