Beginners and Beyond

Where is everyone? MonDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

5 miles this morning on the TM for me.

In yesterday's daily thread I reported that my G-pa (who's almost 65 yrs my senior) is in the hospital. I was able to visit him yesterday and the moment I laid eyes on him I knew how this trip to the doctor was going to end. Yesterday after I left the primary doctor told my mom that my Grandpa is on his way out. Basically he had a heart attack, and it takes quite a toll on someone who's about to have his 96th birthday. I don't think his body can recover from it, and he's starting to decline. He's currently having problems removing the carbon dioxide from his blood. This leads to something that looks like a seizure, but we confirmed that it's not. Unfortunately his mind isn't quite in the game. Asked yesterday by the doctor on where he was at, he responded, "BORNEO!" Yeah, his mind has started going back to this in his past, like Korea. It's going to be a sad time, but honestly I didn't know him very well. It just stinks whenever you lose a family member.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It must be a massive FB problem - I can't do anything on it this morning. Can't like, can't comment, I only see about 6 items in my news feed.

Me either. The nerve!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning dailies.

5 miles this morning on the TM for me.

In yesterday's daily thread I reported that my G-pa (who's almost 65 yrs my senior) is in the hospital. I was able to visit him yesterday and the moment I laid eyes on him I knew how this trip to the doctor was going to end. Yesterday after I left the primary doctor told my mom that my Grandpa is on his way out. Basically he had a heart attack, and it takes quite a toll on someone who's about to have his 96th birthday. I don't think his body can recover from it, and he's starting to decline. He's currently having problems removing the carbon dioxide from his blood. This leads to something that looks like a seizure, but we confirmed that it's not. Unfortunately his mind isn't quite in the game. Asked yesterday by the doctor on where he was at, he responded, "BORNEO!" Yeah, his mind has started going back to this in his past, like Korea. It's going to be a sad time, but honestly I didn't know him very well. It just stinks whenever you lose a family member.

I am sorry to hear this.  Hope his passing is peaceful. :-(

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Andrew, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It is hard to see someone you love as they decline. Prayers and thoughts with you and your family.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Andrew - So sorry about your grandpa. Will be thinking of your family.

Pink - Continuing to think of you and hope everything goes well!

I've got 5 on tap this evening with the RP. I'm working from home today, so I can actually get some work done. Tomorrow is the dreaded meeting day, so I won't get jack done.

Have a great Monday!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah Sad

Dorian had me up all night until 3:30 this morning with his gas and stomach issues, so Rocky and I were not able to get our 5 miles on the trails done, luckily my mom is able to watch Dorian this afternoon so I will get it done then.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

What up homies?

I have a massage scheduled at lunch.  Otherwise, I got a big, fat zero things planned today outside of work.

I made some awesome GF orange and cranberry scones this weekend.   Just wanted to throw that out there.   Yum.

Jess runs for bacon

What up homies?

I have a massage scheduled at lunch.  Otherwise, I got a big, fat zero things planned today outside of work.

I made some awesome GF orange and cranberry scones this weekend.   Just wanted to throw that out there.   Yum.

About time you have something relaxing Smile

Brr, I am sorry to hear. I hope if it happens it will be peaceful.

Jess runs for bacon

Good for you, Jess!    :-)     And, after that big ole PR yesterday, you deserve a rest day!   Congrats again!

Thanks Smile It is my excuse to eat nutter butters and drink Dr Pepper. I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Ric-G

(just lost my post??)

brr - again, sorry to hear this, best to you and your family

6 miles this AM followed by a lot of piddly things to do today besides working...but now some coffee to get things going. have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Dad on the run.

Hello everyone, took the weekend off from running and enjoyed some great football Saturday and a nice workout at the gym sunday. Will try and get out tonight for 4-5 miles.

Have a 10k race next Saturday. Super excited about that. Hoping to set a new PR, will need to run it faster than 56:17 chip time.

Found out Saturday that a good friend of mine had a friend of his pass away. He was the baseball coach for the 5-6 year old baseball team. He was married with a 5 year old son. He had gotten over a really bad stomach virus and was planning to fly out Saturday to go to the Auburn / Texas game. He died very suddenly, have not heard anything back from the autopsy. Very sad news just keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

StepbyStep-SH

What up homies?

Enjoy the massage! Curious about what flour/blend you used for the scones. I really like recipes that use almond flour, but it is so expensive, and so high calorie ... ouch.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Hey, everyone!  On behalf of my brother, a fb employee, I apologize for the issues.  I have yet to ask him what happens but I bet he knows. (it's not his fault, though, he is an app programmer).

Brr, and jblackjr, I am so sorry to both of you.  My best wishes, of course, to everyone.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been doing personal shoutouts, work has been crazy busy lately, I get home at 9pm and just crash.  My own running is great, all easy miles and getting my body used to the movement again.  Got 16 total for last week plus 1.5 miles swim and a hard interval spin session, and two lifting sessions.

Today, 5 miles easy/8:19 pace pretty steady.  Feels good to run easy, it's amazing not ever to feel totally beat up or tired from speedwork.  That said, of course I still miss it... but my attitude might be changing. Slightly.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

Good afternoon, at the tone the time will be....of course you youngsta's wouldn't know anything about 472-1212.

Man, it seems my morning flew.  Just made a quick pit stop at Olive Garden for some soup and salad then it's off to PT at 1:30.

Good afternoon, at the tone the time will be....of course you youngsta's wouldn't know anything about 472-1212.

Man, it seems my morning flew.  Just made a quick pit stop at Olive Garden for some soup and salad then it's off to PT at 1:30.

I remember that number.  Though in my case it was 225-1212.  Good luck with PT.  I seem to recall last time the screams could be heard two states away?