Beginners and Beyond

The FriDAILIES are in the house! (Read 45 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Does that mean you are going nowhere fast?  lol

Lily baby, I must be having a bad day. 

OMG answer my damn question.

<3

LRB

OMG answer my damn question.

I yam, I yam.  Just cannot get anything done here and everywhere yet.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning! I haven't run yet...thinking about getting some easy miles over lunch, but I may not as I'm doing 6 recovery paced miles with a friend this evening. I'll get plenty of miles this weekend so it really doesn't matter either way. I guess it's good to have choices.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 6.3 in this morning, strangely we didn't have to deal with buses or a lot of cars so that is good. It was 25 degrees with a feels like 15, flurries and 10 mph NW winds which I could have sworn it felt more like 15 mph damn it. Overall, it was a great run that almost didn't happen - lack of sleep and I just didn't want to get out of bed but we've got 2 little guests staying the night tonight so I wouldn't have been able to run if later - that is what ultimately got me out of bed. Now for coffee.

D, I hope you are feeling a little better though I know the pain of loss lingers for a long time.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Good morning!

No running for me today, but week 2 day 1 of pushups challenge will bow to me! Let's get it done Lily!

DavePNW

Right?  Who in the hell burns only 200 calories.  I can do that sitting on my couch. 

Funny you should say that, I was just reading something about how people starting out exercising often overestimate the calories they burn. Because they might walk a few miles on a treadmill and burn a couple hundred calories, and think hey, I can eat a candy bar now & break even. But they forget to subtract the calories they would've burned sitting on their ass doing nothing; the gap is closer than they'd think.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

So do I run with a non-productive cough, or not?  I've been sick all week, flu like crud, but the last two days I've felt better, no more aches, etc.  But I still have a lil cough, it's non productive, just kind of a dry cough, but I'm not sure if I should run or not.  I really want to run, because I'm going freaking crazy not running, and the clock is ticking!  But I also don't want to push it and get sick again, I need to get some decent time on my feet before my marathon in March.  What would you do, run today, or wait another day?

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Remember that Pfitz says you can pretty much just stick with your plan, no adjustments needed, if you missed less than 10 daya.

LRB

LRB, you're going to hammer a half marathon.  Any ballpark guesstimate on what you've got in mind for a time, or is that top secret info like who shot JFK and where the moon landing hoax really took place?

When I say my goal time is over the moon, think blue cheese!  lol

Seriously, a lot a crap ton is going to depend on the weather and how it affects my quality workouts.  I have a few races sprinkled in there and those will let me know more than anything what is realistic leading up to the race.

I also have a extremely tough workout two weeks out that will ultimately determine my race day pace but until then, pass the Courvoisier!

LRB

So do I run with a non-productive cough, or not?

Here is some recent discussion on the topic (link).

Mmmmm...beer

Remember that Pfitz says you can pretty much just stick with your plan, no adjustments needed, if you missed less than 10 daya.

Thanks, I was just thinking that I need to check the book and see what I should do as far as missed training.  It's more than this past week tho, there's really about three weeks of the plan that I've missed.  Part of it was my own doing with the 50k, but then getting sick twice didn't help.

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

Here is some recent discussion on the topic (link).

Thanks, that's what I've always thought.  Guess I'll play it safe and rest some more. Sad

-Dave

My running blog

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Checking in!  Rest day for me today, have a 5K tomorrow morning.  Plumbers coming again to the house tonite to finish up the bathroom leak, fun stuff.  I have a half day at work today, am leaving at noon, Texas time.  Need to get my haircut too, it's touching my ears now and driving me crazy!

Also, this morning I was messing with my work-study, lol. He said "We are off Monday, right?"  I said  "No, only our African-American employees have the day off, so Elnora (my good friend,  co-worker, co-researcher here at the university with me and, also like me, retired military) has off, but you and I have to work."  He was like..."Really?"     Elnora gave me a good Gibbs head-slap, lol, and straightened him out.

Good luck with your long run, Zelanie!

(((Damaris)))).  Hope you feel better.

Good luck with the half, LRB, hope you ROCK it!  200 calories?  Heck, with my big gut, I burn that just by getting up into standing position from a couch or chair!  It's a lot of work for me, lemme tell ya! 

Happy rest day, Kristin.  How is your foot doing, anyway?  Hope it's better than it was.

Hope you get your wish, Baboon, for a quiet productive workday.  How come MBC has not been around lately?  What did you do with her?

Are you running outside again now, lily, or it it still too cold?  I should start that pushup program, but I have an el-cheapo phone that downloads nuthin', lol.   Or mabye it's just me, which is more likely, I am a real know-nothing-about-technology  idiot.   Is the program online somewhere?

You were about as early in as I was, Dave, 5:30 a.m. for me.  Thank goodness I only have a half day today!   Good luck with your TM run today!  And you got cross-training in too...brushing snow off the car counts!

Hope you feel better, Step!  Baking?  Oatmeal raisin cookies hopefully?   Here, here, put a couple right in here!

Hi, again, Lauren!  Saw your other post on Penguins..glad the leg is feeling somewhat better.  Still sucks, though, that it's bothering you at all.  Hope your new shoes work well for you!

Nice to have choices, SIAR!  Enjoy the run with your friend.

but we've got 2 little guests staying the night tonight  So Hobbit is going to be at your house later, FreeSoul?   Glad you and Rocky had a vehicle free-run!  That weather does not sound so great though.  Does Rocky have his own winter-gear to wear too? Especially with wind and snow flurries...he probably needs some head and eye protection...

photo doggoggles_zpsd6c742f3.jpg

D2, had the same problem as you the last couple of weeks, coughing my dang head off, and some of it "productive".  However, when I went to my doc, she said my lungs were clear so, cough or not, I could still run.  Mine was more nasal-related, gunk kept dropping down the back of my throat, making me cough.   So if your lungs are clear, as long as you're feeling up to it,  it is probably safe to run.  Just make sure your lungs ARE clear.   And, of course, if you have accompanying fatigue, body soreness, etc, just a general sense of feeling BLAH,  that comes into play too, if you got all that AND the cough, you might want to rest a couple days till you feel up to running again.  I was lucky, I had the cough, but I did not have the other stuff going on, and I felt pretty good when I ran....then AFTER I finished, I'd get coughing fits again for a while...REALLY annoying!    Whatever you decide....  Good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

LRB- Looking forward to reading about your training!

Thanks sweetie, oh, and I finally ordered my book.  Got it from Amazon after all, for 15 bucks.

Hi Kris, enjoy your day!

Dave P, a candy bar and Coke can wreak havoc on the diet of a couch potato!  lol

Hope you feel better Shari!  You too D!

Hi Lauren!  I have been dealing with all kinds of minor shit lately.  It is the mental stress of wondering if it is serious that is the worst.  Hope you are good to go!

Supp John, FS, SIAR and Scott T!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky loves the cold, not so much the wind but he likes the cold more than hot weather.  We're watching a friend of mine's kids tonight,  hopefully they aren't carrying any colds or germs or viruses..... Dorian and I dealt with being sick last month and I don't feel like going through it again.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)