Beginners and Beyond

The FriDAILIES are in the house! (Read 45 times)

DavePNW

6 on the treadmill. Wish I had brought my outdoor gear; roads were crap this morning, but don't look to bad now & it's pretty nice out. There's always tomorrow....

Dave

LRB

6 on the treadmill. Wish I had brought my outdoor gear; roads were crap this morning, but don't look to bad now & it's pretty nice out. There's always tomorrow....

You never know how these things will work out but it looks like temps in the teens overnight and into the morning.  The lunch time temps today were superb, but likely would not have been had you come prepared to run in them.  You know how that goes; damned if you do, damned if you don't.

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Scotty, here you go!

http://hundredpushups.com/#sthash.TP2isyq4.RV6m4QoP.dpbs

Good luck with your race tomorrow!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ended up going for a run (like we all couldn't have called that one).  I treated myself to the flattest route I know and some tunes on my ipod, and it was a really nice run.  Some big snow flakes were falling, which made it extra fun.  I just ran without looking at my watch the whole, ending up with nearly 10 miles at my easy pace exactly.

Should be headed out for about 6 more slower miles with a friend here in a few hours.

Be safe and have fun with your Friday night all!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

LRB, you know the rules, honey. Cough up a time and show that you have balls. We all understand that things can happen. The weather, injuries, etc... We won't chop your head off if you don't hit your goal. I give you two more weeks and then you tell us. Deal? Otherwise I will nag you til the end of time and the internet. And Phil will too. 

John, I'll report here as soon as my pushups are done. Good luck with yours!

One more hour to go at work... and then, the WEEKEND!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Yugo8

8 easy/moderate miles, whoo hoo!

And I just learned my office is closed on Monday for MLK day!

happylily

Just finished work 15 minutes ago. Push ups are done. Sets went like this: 14-14-10-10-40, with 60 seconds rest intervals. Why was my heart beating faster after I was done than after I finish a tempo run? The whole thing barely took 6 minutes total and I was panting like a dog... I'm such a noodle.

LRB

LRB, you know the rules, honey. Cough up a time and show that you have balls.

Alright, alright, alright!  1:30.  There, you happy,  lily?  lol

happylily

Alright, alright, alright!  1:30.  There, you happy,  lily?  lol

See, it wasn't too difficult, was it? Now, what is your "secret" goal? Just whisper it in my ear... 

Seriously, 1:30 is a very reasonable goal for you. You have faster in you, but you haven't raced that distance in a while, so as a start, it's a great goal. And if you don't hit it this spring, you will in the fall. Coming back from injuries is tough. We want everything to happen quickly, but our bodies do not always cooperate.

outoftheblue

13 miles done in the middle of the freakishly warm "winter" we are having in California.  Trying to enjoy the sunshine, but I can think is "please let it rain."

I'm glad to know that about Pfitz, as I may have to go off plan next week, to spend some time with family.   My Dad just had surgery (which went really well), but I may need to go out for a visit to help him for a few days.  Also, my Grandma passed away this week (at 98 years old) and her funeral is going to be next weekend so that's another drive and visit.  I'm going to miss a 10K and some training, but it seems pretty unimportant in comparison.   My Grandma has been pretty ill these last couple of months, with a large drop-off in the quality of her life so, although I will miss her, i'm glad she can now rest in peace.

Life is good.

happylily

Linda, I wish the best recovery for your dad. And many hugs to you on the loss of your grandmother. She lived until a very respectable age, but it's always sad to have to say goodbye, even though we know it's for the best. You are so right about getting priorities right. You sound like a great daughter and granddaughter. And you are right, one week won't make much of a difference in your training. Plus, I always say this: we control our running, running doesn't control us.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No run today. busy busy day!

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

OOTB - Prayers for your father's recovery and my condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

13 miles done in the middle of the freakishly warm "winter" we are having in California.  Trying to enjoy the sunshine, but I can think is "please let it rain."

I'm glad to know that about Pfitz, as I may have to go off plan next week, to spend some time with family.   My Dad just had surgery (which went really well), but I may need to go out for a visit to help him for a few days.  Also, my Grandma passed away this week (at 98 years old) and her funeral is going to be next weekend so that's another drive and visit.  I'm going to miss a 10K and some training, but it seems pretty unimportant in comparison.   My Grandma has been pretty ill these last couple of months, with a large drop-off in the quality of her life so, although I will miss her, i'm glad she can now rest in peace.

Hugs.  Hope your dad is recovering well.  Sorry about your grandmother.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, here you go!

http://hundredpushups.com/#sthash.TP2isyq4.RV6m4QoP.dpbs

Good luck with your race tomorrow!

Thanks, John!  My exercise week goes from Monday to Sunday (is that weird?), so I will start this program starting on Monday.

OOTB:  Good thoughts and wishes for you and your family!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt