Beginners and Beyond

The FriDAILIES are in the house! (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am not going to run today.  I still feel under the weather.  I'll just try to get to 100% before the race.  This week has sucked monkey balls.

Damaris

LRB

Good call on the race Blue.  There will be others.

LRB

Welp, I made the 2.4 mile walk back to the shop after work to get my truck and I am pooped.  Walking may not be running, but it definitely ain't loafing that's for sure.

My splits for the day:

AM - 15:48, 16:55, 16:16 (.35)

PM - 15:59, 16:42, 16:25 (.40)

DavePNW

Alright, alright, alright!  1:30.  There, you happy,  lily?  lol

According to McMillan, that translates to a 3:09 marathon. Looking forward to that! 

Dave

HobbitLegs

elevenses

I'm just catching up. It's been a busy day. I was able to get out of the house and get some things done. I'm feeling a LOT better. Didn't run, as much as I wanted to. (I can relate to you D2!) If I'm feeling good tomorrow, I'll probably go to the Y and see what my body wants to do. The weather is supposed to be yucky and I don't want to be out in it.

OOTB - you and your family are in my thoughts.

Damaris - I hope you feel better soon, I'm still heartsick for you over your Daisy.

Hi to everyone else, it's time for dinner!

LRB

According to McMillan, that translates to a 3:09 marathon. Looking forward to that! 

Actually, I may not run the big one this year.  I registered for it just because it was cheaper to do so and drop down than to register for the half.  I am just going to see how the season goes but may very well end up running the half in October.

But yeah, whenever I do run it looking at the possibilities is kind of freaky.

happylily

LRB, didn't I read you say somewhere that you wanted to run NYC? Lottery or a qualifier?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

LRB, didn't I read you say somewhere that you wanted to run NYC? Lottery or a qualifier?

You read that I want to qualify for it.

happylily

You read that I want to qualify for it.

You know you could do it with a 1:25 half, right?

LRB

You know you could do it with a 1:25 half, right?

Ba wa ha ha ha ha, like that will ever happen!  What are we drinking on tonight?  I want some of that shit!

happylily

Ba wa ha ha ha ha, like that will ever happen!  What are we drinking on tonight?  I want some of that shit!

You think you have more chance to run a sub-2:58 marathon than a sub-1:25 half? Speed for a half-marathon is something you can develop quickly (relatively speaking), but speed and endurance won't happen overnight. You will have to run a few marathons before you get a sub-2:58. And since you're a youngin', that 2:58 standard holds for another 3 or 4 years, right?

StepbyStep-SH

In response to Scotty's question earlier: Sorry, no oatmeal raisin cookies today - though I plan to make oatmeal cookies with dried cherries, walnuts and chocolate chips either tomorrow or Sunday, and I did make some "no-sugar oat drops" today with dried cranberries and currants in them.

Today, I also made chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate chip banana baked oatmeal singles, and blueberry-peach baked oatmeal to have for breakfast tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

You think you have more chance to run a sub-2:58 marathon than a sub-1:25 half? 

I have a plan of attack to attempt my goal, I do not really like talking about race times though (that whole counting chickens before they hatch thing).

I am just going to train my ass off, and let that training dictate what, where or when I am ready to try it.

happylily

I have a plan of attack to attempt my goal, I do not really like talking about race times though (that whole counting chickens before they hatch thing).

I am just going to train my ass off, and let that training dictate what, where or when I am ready to try it.

Whatever you decide to do, I know how determined and disciplined you are. You will do well. :-)

LRB

Today, I also made chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate chip banana baked oatmeal singles, and blueberry-peach baked oatmeal to have for breakfast tomorrow.

My lover!  You have come home to me where we will live a life of bliss and contentment (meaning I will likely get fat from gobbling up all of your goodies).