Beginners and Beyond

Meb in my neighborhood! (Read 59 times)

Two different friends have been out running this last week in our neighborhood suburban trails and seen Meb Keflezighi.  One was passed by him, and the other had him run past her the opposite way on the path.

She said he was very friendly, smiled and said hello, as he flew past her. Smile

Kind of cool!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That is very cool.  I'd be so tempted to try and catch up to him for just a brief period, even those his easy pace would be a sprint for me.  I was just reading in an old Runner's World where Meb was the honorary starter for a government only race, and then he ran the 5k with Senator Richard Lugar, the slowest participant.  That seems like a very 'nice guy' thing to do to me.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

BruceD555

That is very cool.  I'd be so tempted to try and catch up to him for just a brief period, even those his easy pace would be a sprint for me.  I was just reading in an old Runner's World where Meb was the honorary starter for a government only race, and then he ran the 5k with Senator Richard Lugar, the slowest participant.  That seems like a very 'nice guy' thing to do to me.

I'm with you! My planned training run would go out the window and I'd do whatever I could to run with him for a while ... even if it was only for a fraction of a mile.

Train smart ... race smarter.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm with you! My planned training run would go out the window and I'd do whatever I could to run with him for a while ... even if it was only for a fraction of a mile.

What'd be really exciting is when he decided to just drop me by slowly shifting to his MP + 45 pace haha.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Love the Half

I would so do that.  If he was just doing an easy run, I might be able to hang in there for a few miles.  If he was doing any quality work at all, I'd be gone inside of 200 yards.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).