Beginners and Beyond

OK now it's the Fridailies (Read 45 times)

LRB

Morning!  Planning for 10 today, plus making some kind of dessert to serve at a family dinner tonight.  Lemon pound cake, maybe?

My sister made me a banana pudding last night, I am going to get it today. No not that crap in the little Jello Pudding box but the kind with Nilla wafers, bananas and the custard made from scratch cooked on the stove.

I am so freaking excited! I have not had any original banana pudding probably since I left home in the 80's!

outoftheblue

A few weights and stretching today.   My legs are feeling a little less achy, so I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to participate in my HM on Sunday.  No racing for me, tho, I just want to get out there amongst fellow runners again.  

Life is good.

From the Internet.

My sister made me a banana pudding last night, I am going to get it today. No not that crap in the little Jello Pudding box but the kind with Nilla wafers, bananas and the custard made from scratch cooked on the stove.

I am so freaking excited! I have not had any original banana pudding probably since I left home in the 80's!

WANT.

2 recovery miles on the treadmill plus weights -  barbell glute bridges, deadlifts, squats (fewer squats than I did on Monday so my legs don't die on my long run tomorrow). That was all I had time for, I'll probably throw in some overhead presses with dumbbells and planks when I get home to round it out. I hate planks but my core has been much stronger since I started doing them regularly so I suppose I should continue.

Major first world problems: I am super hungry and I only have a yogurt left :c Devoured my lunch and 2 of my snacks right after my workout, clearly didn't plan well for post-lift bottomless pit hunger.

Also: if my long run goes as planned tomorrow, I will have my first week over 40 miles! Big grin

Zelanie

That sounds so good!  I don't think I knew that your sister was in the area.  Was she visiting, or does she live there?

(Apologies if I should have know this)

LRB

That sounds so good!  I don't think I knew that your sister was in the area.  Was she visiting, or does she live there?

(Apologies if I should have know this)

No, you would not. For all the blabbing I do on the internet, most of it is about other people and not myself.

Other than my brother who lives in West Virginia, my family is here in the Mitten.

LRB

Major first world problems: I am super hungry and I only have a yogurt left :c Devoured my lunch and 2 of my snacks right after my workout, clearly didn't plan well for post-lift bottomless pit hunger.

I have been eating yogurt parfaits lately. Damn them shits be good yo.

Ric-G

6 miles this morning...thanks for the dessert talk guys - now i will have to eat some too...have a great friday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I have been eating yogurt parfaits lately. Damn them shits be good yo.

Speaking of shits and good.

I buy green coffee and roast it.   This latest bean,  my DW decided to name Poo Coffee.    Damned if she isn't right.  Minutes after a cup - its time! Far more than any other bean I've had.

Back to the regular station

workinprogress11

Omg , that sounds so delicious!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Omg , that sounds so delicious!

Damn skippy!

The only kind my DW makes... and I have mixed emotions depending on race schedule!!  I cant help myself and put the pounds on!

Hip Redux

I WANT BANANA PUDDING TOO.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Speaking of shits and good.

I buy green coffee and roast it.   This latest bean,  my DW decided to name Poo Coffee.    Damned if she isn't right.  Minutes after a cup - its time! Far more than any other bean I've had.

Back to the regular station

I thought this was going to be about coffee beans from the civet cat. Expensive cat shit.

Little Blue

You'd make a really good Southern boy.

Just returned from the massage sadist therapist.  Holy hell!  She warns up front that she's a bit heavy handed, and she ain't kidding!   She suggested I let it settle today and run tomorrow.  Heh, yeah.  After the truck that hit me fades into the distance.

LRB

You'd make a really good Southern boy.

Just returned from the massage sadist therapist.  Holy hell!  She warns up front that she's a bit heavy handed, and she ain't kidding!   She suggested I let it settle today and run tomorrow.  Heh, yeah.  After the truck that hit me fades into the distance.

I am heading in for my massage right now. I expect much of the same. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your HM on Sunday, Lori! I'm sure everything will go well. You've been training like a champ! Now make sure to take it easy until Sunday.

I have some recovery miles tonight. And this morning, I did 30 push-ups on my push ups day off, as punishment for being so lousy at them. Btw, I'm leaving tomorrow for Cancun, will be back in a few days...

San Antonio is on the way to Cancun.  Just sayin'....  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt