Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES can dig it (Read 38 times)

Zelanie

Morning!  Sorry for getting whiny last night.  I never did get the hang of yesterday, but today is a new day, right? Smile  I have a late meeting and am planning for 6-8 after that.

LRB- Just imagine what it would be like if you had skipped a day coming on here!

Lily- Have a good run!  That's your MLR, yes?  

D2- Hope you have a great run later.

Dave- You could always name it after a woman.

Basya- Hope you have a great TM run!  March is just around the corner! Smile

FreeSoul- At least we're getting some more sunlight in the evenings, so spring must be coming, right?

Step- Hope that your day gets better.

Scotty- Hi again!

Jay- Hope you have a good LR and get good news on your taxes.  We've owed the last couple of years, so aren't exactly jumping up and down to get them done this time.

Redrum- Glad you had a good run!  It's so hard to shake the specter of "will I injure myself if I do this?"

Phil- Nice TM run!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Boy I had a meat grinder today. It's one of those workouts that change so often that it's easier just to put on paper. It went something like: 2 mi Easy + 4 x [1 mi T Pace + 1 min Easy] + 5 min Easy + 3 x [1 mi T Pace + 1 min Easy] + 2 mi Easy. I was beat by the end of it. I actually saw the highest my HR has been in probably a year. It was incredible.

Now it's time for work. See you later!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've given up on Spring, dang it lol.

The pain is like on the inside of my right calf/shin just below the ball or Gastrocnemius, it's a continuous dull ache now and it has me pissed off and concerned Sad. Everything was going great until I decided to try the trails, damn it. I am seriously thinking about not running the race Saturday, if 4.3 miles tore up my calf this bad I can only imagine what 13.1 miles on those trails would do to me right now Sad I'd rather try for 14 miles on the road this weekend than a HM on those trails. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  That's my husband's favorite movie of all times.  He makes me watch it at least once a month.  Can you dig it??????????

Biking tonight.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Morning, trying to decide between 5 easy miles or taking a RD.   After my 9 hilly miles yesterday a felt some mild hamstring pain in my left leg, so I don't want to push things.    Some stretching and foam rolling is in order.

Free Soul -- I would rest that calf.  Better to take a couple of rest days, skip the race, and get back to 100%.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was doing so great until I hit a few of those stupid ass areas with foot tracks, and now I think it is wanting mutiny. It's feeling a little better, but still complaining Sad I am definitely skipping the race, I might go to support and even take photographs but I will not run those trails damn it.

Morning, trying to decide between 5 easy miles or taking a RD.   After my 9 hilly miles yesterday a felt some mild hamstring pain in my left leg, so I don't want to push things.    Some stretching and foam rolling is in order.

Free Soul -- I would rest that calf.  Better to take a couple of rest days, skip the race, and get back to 100%.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Morning!  Sorry for getting whiny last night.  I never did get the hang of yesterday, but today is a new day, right?

I read your post and did not think much of it because I had a similar feeling yesterday before running.  Unfortunately the schedule does not take into account life issues, it assumes we all are just living the high life and can run anytime we choose with a damn smile on our faces.

The dailies has proven time and again that there are other things at play for each of us.  It is cool that we can discuss them as we try to maintain a semblance of training for some stupid race, all the while navigating life, which can be incredibly difficult.

That said, if you cannot complain about life and running in the dailies, where the hell else can you?! 

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hi everyone. Shoo mercy, this week has been nuts on both the work and home fronts. After today, things should calm a bit.

Will do 5-6 later this afternoon.

Have a good one!

StepbyStep-SH

Well, that was a tough workout, though I didn't realize how tough until I was finished.
                    Hill workout - 12 miles total:
                    3 mile warm-up at 6.0-6.3 mph
                    Hill intervals with equal distance recoveries (intervals ranging 6.0-6.4mph, recoveries @6.0mph)
                    0.25m @4%
                    0.25m @4.5%
                    0.25m @5%
                    0.50m @5%
                    0.50m @4.5%
                    0.50m @5%
                    0.25m @5%
                    0.25m @4.5%
                    0.25m @4%
                    3 mile cooldown at 6.0-6.2 mph

And I still need to function for martial arts class tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have fun with the taxes, Jay! Gail does ours for us.  Like Zelanie, we've ended up owing for the last few years so we're not excited about doing them either.  Soon as I get some bills paid off, I guess I need to increase my withholding amount.

Hope you managed to save the office, LRB!

Nice of your legs to cooperate with you, LRB!

Dang, Baboon, nice running!

Good luck with your 6-8 miles, Zelanie!  You were whiny?  I must've missed that.

Good workout, Andrew!

The pain is like on the inside of my right calf/shin just below the ball or Gastrocnemius, it's a continuous dull ache.  I don't want to worry you, FreeSoul, but when I had this, it turned out I had a micro-tear in my calf.  My doc confirmed it with an MRI and an ultrasound.  So I had no running for 6 weeks, although I could walk and also pool run..and I had to do these PT exercises with this rubber bandy thing.  I sure hope you DON'T have that, but you might get it checked just to rule it out.

Happy biking, Damaris!  How'd your biking last night go?

Sounds like a rest-day or an easy day is in order for you today, outoftheblue.

Hope you get your wish, Hobbit, and things do calm down for you!

Dang, Step...good luck with martial arts class after all that.

I am NOT looking forward to the upcoming week starting from tomorrow.  I have some pretty bad arthritis and take Celebrex for it, which helps greatly.  However, my colonoscopy is a week from tomorrow and my doc has told me I have to stop taking the Celebrex for a week before the colonoscopy.  Uggg!   I'll probably end up Frankenstein or  "zombie-walking", lol...all stiff and unbendable in places!    And I have two 5Ks to do on Saturday too, dang it.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, I biked two night ago.  Walked last night.  Slow but everything felt OK.  I will add some jogs in the next few days of 30 seconds or less until I can reach my normal speed.  He said I should ease into running so that I am ready to tackle my first running session when it's time.

Damaris

happylily

Morning!  Sorry for getting whiny last night.  I never did get the hang of yesterday, but today is a new day, right? Smile  I have a late meeting and am planning for 6-8 after that.

Zelanie, I just read your post from last night. What you felt was very normal, but it is a false feeling. It is stress related and has nothing to do with your ability to run well. In his Advanced Marathoning book, Pfitz says that he expects that during his training schedule, at some point, you will have to skip some runs for whatever reasons. He knows that and he took that into account when he drew his plans. So, missing 2 days is really nothing, don't worry! Pfitz also warns us against trying to catch up on missed workouts. It never leads to anything good... But I know exactly why you felt like you did after missing only 2 runs. A few weeks ago, when I had the flu, I could not run for 5 days. I finished the week with 16 miles instead of 74. Short by 48 miles! As soon as I felt better, I ran 10 miles more than the plan called for. Then 4 more (and much faster than I should have) the week after, even though it was a recovery week for me. So what happened after? I was so tired I had to skip a run on Wednesday because I fell asleep on the couch after work. I finished that week short by 4 miles... I knew trying to catch up was stupid, but did I listen? Nooooooo....  We all feel insecure at times in our training, it is so very normal.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you have been training to perfection. Everything is under control and don't let the demons put doubts in you. Be strong and trust your plan (you're in good hands with Pfitz. )

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87, I agree. Make this winter go away. I hope that this afternoon is better.

Shari, I wouldn't be happy in your place, either. I'm happy that running lifted your spirits.

scottydawg, 43F and 38F are cold? Boo hoo:P

Jay, enjoy your run.

Rick, sweet seven.

redrum, I'm glad that you're safe.

Phil, excellent eight x 2.

Zelanie, have a pleasant run after work.

Andrew, awesome workout.

outoftheblue, rest that leg.

Nicole, have a fantastic run.

Damaris, you were cleared to ease back into running? YAY!!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Planned to run but sore legs at the hip said I better not push it.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FreeSoul87, I agree. Make this winter go away. I hope that this afternoon is better.

Shari, I wouldn't be happy in your place, either. I'm happy that running lifted your spirits.

scottydawg, 43F and 38F are cold? Boo hoo:P

Jay, enjoy your run.

Rick, sweet seven.

redrum, I'm glad that you're safe.

Phil, excellent eight x 2.

Zelanie, have a pleasant run after work.

Andrew, awesome workout.

outoftheblue, rest that leg.

Nicole, have a fantastic run.

Damaris, you were cleared to ease back into running? YAY!!!

Eh, no.  I am not to run for 4 weeks, BUT he said that once I could walk for 2 miles without pain I could start doing short periods of jogging to see how I felt.  So, I jogged 30 seconds yesterday at 14mm.  Will try the same amount on Thursday and a couple of days until I feel that 1 minute is OK, etc.  By the time I start my running with a 4 mile run on Week 5 (I have it on the calendar all in yellow with blinding lights) I should feel it's easy to do 4 miles then.  He just does not want me to go out running on the first day without first trying short bouts out before.  I am sure he did not expect me to reach 2 miles on the first walk.

Damaris