Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday Penguins - Time To Hit The Ground Running! (Read 30 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I am seriously sleepy this morning, and my coffee didn't help much!  Glad tomorrow is a Saturday and I don't have much scheduled!  I just need to finish putting my Halloween costume together, as our gig is on Sunday.  Dusty has a vet appointment today, so they can check his leg.  Also, according to DH, "He's due for stuff", which I assume means various vaccinations.  Long meeting this afternoon at 3:30, blech!

Gustav -- it was 30 when I got up this morning.  I'm not ready for winter!!

hog -- good luck on your half!!

Bin -- have a good RD, and woo-hoo for Amazon loot!!

Awood -- well, you'll just run faster to get out of the rain, right?

kristin -- sorry your overslept!!  Have fun with jury duty -- I haven't been called in years, but when I was on federal grand jury, it was pretty interesting.

Mickey -- that burrito sounds good!!

scotty -- sounds like a great new route!!  I wish I lived closer to somewhere interesting to run, preferably somewhere with trails.  But driving 30-40 minutes to run is just a bummer.

okie, good morning!!

Phillie -- have a good time in the mountains!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 5!!

Jerryb -- hope your sinuses clear up!!

jblack -- hope the stretching/massaging helped!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Super busy at work but I get to leave now, woohoo!  Ran 3 this morning. I got sick during it, weird.  And I mean really sick.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Off work having some rice with mayo (remember the picture?) for lunch.  I never explained the rice is full of chicken inside.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Vegetarian no more?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi pens...

5 miles with strides for me.  10k on Sunday!  Good luck racers!  Gotta go!!!

SheCan

Good morning penguin friends!

Hi ya gustav!

Mitch-- good luck with tomorrow's HM!   Brrrrrr @ 29*.  I like a cool race, but that's slightly too cool for me.

Bin-- enjoy your rest day!  LOL at your son & the Iron Man mask,  that's so cute!

Mickey-- Good luck tomorrow!  Just remember Batgirl is a strong superhero, and you'll do great.

Scotty-- that run yesterday sounds really nice.  Exploring really helps me pass the miles.  I get so excited when I find a new running route.  I guess I need to get in the 'sporin mood again.  BTW, that cheese burger looked so good until I realized it was macaroni.

Margo-- have fun at the mountains and think of us!

Jerry-- enjoy your visit with your DDs this weekend.

HsM-- What is your costume going to be?

Docket-- Sorry you were sick.  Get well and enjoy that rice!

Jack- good luck Sunday!

Finished 7 easy, slow miles.  Now my eyes are watery and stingy from some allergy reaction or something.

Anyway, everyone have a good weekend, and best of luck with your races!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jerry, enjoy your visit with DD.  Hope your sinuses feel better!

Hope your ITB behaves for you, Jimmy, on your run today.  And hope the chiro can help you. If not...then go see a REAL doctor. Wink

You would not like San Antonio then, HsM.  Most of our races take 30 - 40 minutes to drive to, as San Antonio is so spread out over a wide area.  And I've been known to drive 2 - 3 hours just to do a 5K I thought would be interesting.   Hope Dusty's leg is healing well!

Sorry you threw up, Damaris. Probably it's EWPA  - Early Warning Pregnancy Alert   Joking

Good luck, Jack, with your 10K on Sunday.

I dunno, Cherie, exploring where you  are might result in getting lost in the desert and having to be rescued!  Wink  Congrats on your 7 miles!  Sorry about the allergic, watery eyes reaction to whatever it was...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Trust me, going to a Chiro is a huge deal for me, its one of those things I never beleived could really help, but at this point I'm willing to try anything and the only thing a "real doctor" is going to do is probably give some anti-inflamatories and tell me to not run for a couple of weeks.

Hope your ITB behaves for you, Jimmy, on your run today.  And hope the chiro can help you. If not...then go see a REAL doctor. Wink 

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Okay, I'm up, temp update looks nice. It's going to be 33 degrees at 8:00 am for the start, and 46 degrees at 10:00 am for the finish.

tracilynn

Okay, I'm up, temp update looks nice. It's going to be 33 degrees at 8:00 am for the start, and 46 degrees at 10:00 am for the finish.

You'll be finished way before then though. SPEEDY.   Good luck!

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

You'll be finished way before then though. SPEEDY.   Good luck!

I agree with Traci-- you'll be done in a snap and  as fast as you are 33-46*s will probably not feel nearly as cold as it does to us slower folks.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

What can we expect for the hardrock HM in Nashville on the 9th?

tracilynn

Hard to predict weather here.  Depends on the jet stream.  Could be 70s, could be tornados, could be freezing.  ha

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

My 10k could be in the low 70s or even the high 60s. I should bundle up. Brrrrr....

tracilynn

My 10k could be in the low 70s or even the high 60s. I should bundle up. Brrrrr....

Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci