Beginners and Beyond

Uncouth , inappropriate and top of the mind thoughts - you have been warned (Read 128 times)

DavePNW

9. Marathon training sucks - marathon racing is even worse.

FYP, IMHO.

I have not had even a single GSC in years. Just on principle. I do not eat any store-bought cookies, I just don't get enough enjoyment to compensate for the calorie/fat bomb. (Homemade cookies are a completely different matter.) We do buy a ton of GSC's from a neighbor every year & the rest of the family pigs out on them. I also buy from a guy in the office & have them sent to the troops.

My IHOP meal of late has been veggie omelet with salsa, side of pancakes plain - no butter or syrup. And lots of coffee of course.

Dave

From the Internet.

so glad I'm not the only one who agrees that Samoas are 1 box per serving!  Validation.

This is indeed a science fact. I have not bought a box yet this year, I fortunately did not have cash on me the one time I encountered girl scouts selling them.

I'm all for the e-cigs/vaporizers after a conversation at a party last weekend and I'm even going to try to talk my walking-cigarette father into trying them - all the nicotine and none of the carcinogens, what's not to love?

Zelanie

I'm all for the e-cigs/vaporizers after a conversation at a party last weekend and I'm even going to try to talk my walking-cigarette father into trying them - all the nicotine and none of the carcinogens, what's not to love?

The formaldehyde?  The fact that they're marketed directly to kids?  As an alternative to actual cigarettes, I can see the advantages.  But I don't think that's who's mostly using them.

From the Internet.

I haven't had any exposure to vaporizer marketing so I can't speak to that (ETA I also tend to hate *all* marketing - Netflix and DVR are the best things ever to be invented, no commercials to groan about!). Formaldehyde is formed at much, much lower levels than traditional cigarettes when vaporizers are used at normal settings - when they're cranked up high it becomes comparable to traditional cigarettes, so this is something to tweak on future designs and to give current vapers a heads up about, not a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Carrier fluid for the nicotine affects this as well.

LRB

I have not had even a single GSC in years. Just on principle.

+1

Mostly cuz I'll tear them shits up yo. Instead I'll buy three boxes or so to support the cause and give them away.

Haven't been to IHOP in forever, not sure why that is.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yoga pants....  ...

9. Marathon training is badass - marathon racing is otherworldly.

post marathon - training blows balls.

10. Being an Architect - that loves to build models etc.  one would think a dollhouse kit would not be taking 2 fucking years to complete.

11. Lost my father last spring and a dear friend less than a month later. I am pretty confident I have not dealt with it yet.

I'm a little concerned with the when/ where I'll have a breakthrough/ down etc.

What concerns me more is; what happens if I dont.  Am I just cold hearted.

( no condolences necessary - please)

12. Re: racing , sex and dominance:

Preferably - before as a warm-up - race - after as a prize. ( yes not PC - fuck it.  A lot)

As to 11, I think we all deal with losses differently.  Just because you don't break down, does not mean it didn't affect you.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is indeed a science fact. I have not bought a box yet this year, I fortunately did not have cash on me the one time I encountered girl scouts selling them.

e-cigs and vaporizers affect my asthma as much as cigarettes.  It just does not smell as bad, but it has the same effect on me. I really hope they are prohibited indoors as much as cigarettes, or I won't be able to attend concerts and other stuff.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This is for you Sly 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RSX

Taylor Swift annoys me. I'm watching the Grammys and they show her during every song. I don't mind her songs. I just can't stand the overkill.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Taylor Swift annoys me. I'm watching the Grammys and they show her during every song. I don't mind her songs. I just can't stand the overkill.

I cannot stand her, and I mean that in the nicest way.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

As to 11, I think we all deal with losses differently.  Just because you don't break down, does not mean it didn't affect you.

Ty

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hah!

I wanted to use something a little more risque....but decided on one that is pg13 

PRs

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

11. Lost my father last spring and a dear friend less than a month later. I am pretty confident I have not dealt with it yet.

I'm a little concerned with the when/ where I'll have a breakthrough/ down etc.

What concerns me more is; what happens if I dont.  Am I just cold hearted.

( no condolences necessary - please)

I felt that way a bit when my mother died followed shortly by a memorial service for my grandson who had gone missing a couple years before. His body was found by hunters about a year and a half after he went missing.  This all climaxed about a week before my first ultra. Must have been something about the stress of running that far, but it all hit me about 3/4 of the way through and I started crying in the middle of the race. Once it started it was finally a relief to just let it happen. Really helped that I was surrounded with friends at the race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

1. I do feel a little guilt at watching these folks that really have a weight issue being accosted by Cookies...  Tasty cookies.

Easy solution: Buy all her cookies yourself.    then the others won't be tempted. The only cookies I know of where 1 serving = 1 box.

Interestingly, I was just checking to see when our GS cookie sales start - not until 27th.

I have about a 60-yr history with them - from selling as a Brownie through senior yr in hs then buying as a pretend adult, when I can find them.

Good cause!

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog