Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Reality TV for joggers (Read 38 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'm still not sure I understand perfectly that syntax. This is what I understand:

15 minutes easy + 2 miles T + 2 minutes easy + 1 mile T + 15 minutes easy.

Exactly. The T is threshold pace, which for me, right now is about 7:40 or so. You should get the 3rd edition of the Daniels book. It has some great workouts and plans.

LRB

It's a special workout which is a mix of Hansons and Pfitz. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds. 

Great Like minds think alike, I did the same thing with Hansons and Daniels and found a workout I will most definitely keep; 3 easy + 3 at marathon pace + 3 at tempo pace or 4 x 1200's at tempo pace.

Cy, I enjoy quality day and the excitement that comes with it as well.

Boon I feel you.  Though I planned on doing them I ended up not doing a single double last cycle.

Hmm Moon, 24 weeks of aggressive marathon race training, the race itself and you have run two days after it.  What the hell do you have to do to get an off day yo?!

Scotty you a 'Skins fan but live in Texas, what gives?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hah!

I dunno, texted coach asked if he suggested off or active recovery.  Which do you think he said Wink

Based on how I'm feeling, I'll just truck on.

( oh forgot to mention, there might be an early 2015 marathon on the books , will see )

LRB

Morning.

My allergy shot had a reaction so I took a rest day. I have Pilates, a run with hubby and weights tonight.

Is hubby running NYC?

Good to see you back at it Jack, how's the ass piriformis?

Hopefully those are not the shorts you are wearing for the marathon Free?  And on that topic for the marathon I spend about 15 minutes with a jar of Vaseline and grease shit up!  Toes, top and bottom of my feet, the heels, under the arms near where they cross my singlet and of course down there and up there too. 

B-Plus

I'll take extra days off for him.

LRB

I'll take extra days off for him.

After kicking ass training this summer and fall you have to be in peak condition right now, is there a 5k coming down the pike to take advantage of it?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is hubby running NYC?

Hopefully those are not the shorts you are wearing for the marathon Free?  And on that topic for the marathon I spend about 15 minutes with a jar of Vaseline and grease shit up!  Toes, top and bottom of my feet, the heels, under the arms near where they cross my singlet and of course down there and up there too. 

Is this a joke?

Damaris

DavePNW

Though I planned on doing them I ended up not doing a single double last cycle.

<--- Never doubled. Ever.

Dave

LRB

Is this a joke?

The half?  10k??  5k???  Bueller????

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The half?  10k??  5k???  Bueller????

There is no half, or 10K.  There is only the NYCM, except the 5K "run" the day before and we will be in Miami still.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Boon I feel you.  Though I planned on doing them I ended up not doing a single double last cycle.

One thing I said I would change this cycle and have not is the mid-week MLR.  I have not done any mid-week runs of double digit distance.  However, I have done a double once a week, which will have to do.  On those days, I've done 14-15 miles.  At least a couple of those were done on some very tired legs.

<3

LRB

<--- Never doubled. Ever.

That is crazy when I look at some of the numbers you put up!  How are you doing, mentally I mean?  Hopefully you are hanging in there.

D2 after that kick ass race I would say you earned a rest day!

Well Moon if the shoe fits, run in it!

LRB

There is no half, or 10K.  There is only the NYCM, except the 5K "run" the day before and we will be in Miami still.

I did not know, pardon my ignorance.

happylily

If there were a half and a 10k on top of the marathon, there'd be something like 100,000 runners at the start line. The bridge would collapse.  Just marathon runners alone is over 50,000...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Is hubby running NYC?

Lol, it is much better, thank you. I think the stretching and easy running for a month helped a lot. It feels good to do a few Daniels workouts again. Smile