Beginners and Beyond

D and D SunDAILIES (Read 55 times)

Cyberic

DaveP at mile 18 in 2:18:00

that's a freakin 7:40 pace!

Go Dave!!!

If he keeps it up, even with a little fade, he would secure a sub 3:25!

My kiddo just managed something I've never managed: a podium. She finished 3rd girl in a 1K race today. Since the boys and girls had a different start, I actually saw her coming in third. It's better than coming in third myself. Damn proud!

onemile

and he's in in 3:23!!! incredible job DaveP!

No more marathons

It looks like the Docket Rocket has secured one of the coolest medals in the sport.

Woot.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Way to go Dave.

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

3:23:39

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Dave

LRB

A 5 minute PR? WOW.

onemile

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!

I am so happy for you!!! Awesome result. HUGE PR and you are in Boston for sure. 1st week Reg baby!  Congrats!

No more marathons

Go Dave!!!

If he keeps it up, even with a little fade, he would secure a sub 3:25!

My kiddo just managed something I've never managed: a podium. She finished 3rd girl in a 1K race today. Since the boys and girls had a different start, I actually saw her coming in third. It's better than coming in third myself. Damn proud!

I know, right?

I'll never forget the first time DS placed first on his HS Xcountry team.

And then when he won his first Marathon.

Greatest feeling in the world when our sons and daughters pull off something unexpected.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Yes.  Yes you are.

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!

Yes sir! Can't happen to a more deserving man than yourself. You are king of the world!

Baboon

delicate flower

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!

It's a little weird how happy I am for you right now.

<3

zzyzx

10k this morning and I woke up incredibly congested. So of course, I stayed home and called it good....

Ha. Good one. No, I grabbed some Ricolas and I ran. I was hoping to podium because last year had some slow-ish 10kers in my division. So I carbed up a bit last night and saw what I could do. My goal was somewhere in the low 50s but one never knows what will happen when you get out there.

The course is a very easy one, flat, pretty, and it was on a sunny crisp day. I got off to a decent start and felt good. The goal was to just pace myself and see if I could finish strong. Unfortunately around mile 5 I was a bit on fumes. I found one last Ricola though and pressed on. My last .2 was sub 8, so I did have a nice finish. 52:55 - my fastest 10k out of my last 3 - 65th out of 404 runners, 7 out of 20 in my division. I was hoping for a better placement but others have found this race. I would have had to have received a PR to podium. Better that than to just miss it.

Runshortii

Awesome time Dave!!!

Cyberic

10k this morning and I woke up incredibly congested. So of course, I stayed home and called it good....

Ha. Good one. No, I grabbed some Ricolas and I ran. I was hoping to podium because last year had some slow-ish 10kers in my division. So I carbed up a bit last night and saw what I could do. My goal was somewhere in the low 50s but one never knows what will happen when you get out there.

The course is a very easy one, flat, pretty, and it was on a sunny crisp day. I got off to a decent start and felt good. The goal was to just pace myself and see if I could finish strong. Unfortunately around mile 5 I was a bit on fumes. I found one last Ricola though and pressed on. My last .2 was sub 8, so I did have a nice finish. 52:55 - my fastest 10k out of my last 3 - 65th out of 404 runners, 7 out of 20 in my division. I was hoping for a better placement but others have found this race. I would have had to have received a PR to podium. Better that than to just miss it.

Good job on the 10K!

Quickadder

Nice easy 9.7 miles through the woods with DD this morning. Fine tuning her tactics for her first 25K next Saturday on these trails. According to my MapMyRun the race is nearer to 32K and I’m forecasting around 5 hours. I decided not to run this one - will be a volunteer instead.

Looking forward to lots of RRs later.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Upcoming race: Four on the 4th 7/4/24 maybe.