Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Seeking a longer track (Read 40 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

LRB

A 1 mile oval?  Well it seemed like a good idea in my dream lol!

Instead, I am heading out to the trail, see ya!

Just B.S.

Have a good one LRB.

See ya in a week or so!!

Hubby and I have quite an adventure coming up and need to get ready and get in 3 runs (Tues/Wed/Thur) so

probably even less on-line time than usual for the next while.

Thursday/ Friday - Drive 12 hours to Ottawa

Friday - See beloved son for first time in 9 months, cook him some of my  famous lasagna by request

Saturday - first Olympic tri (5th tri of the summer) with hubby in the morning / Star Wars exhibit at Museum of

Science and Tech in the afternoon. Sons friend is working the exhibit for the summer and they have original

pieces on loan from the studio and I love me some original Star Wars

Sunday - 29th wedding anniversary celebration  a nice restaurant in Ottawa, cause there are zillions to choose from

Monday - 12 hour drive home in one shot

2 more sleeps until we hit the road!! So excited!!

Still need to get in a long run on Sunday but instead of the planned 18 miles I might wimp out and only do

12 or 13 Big grin. I think the Olympic distance the day before given me a pass for a few miles.

Be good everyone and if you are racing this weekend, be fast!!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

**Grumbletuesdaygrumble**

Dog got me up to go out at 3:30 - and it was raining.  She hates the rain so she did what she had to and came right back inside.   20 minutes later she thought, maybe I should have peed too while I was out there - so up again.  gggrrrr

oh wait, wrong thread for that.

Anyway have a good Tuesday.

BS Have a great trip and good luck on your Oly!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  The 8 miles went really well since it was a cold 82F, haha.  8 miles with 5 X 800s tonight.

MBC, hope you get some sleep.

Gotta go.  Court all week.

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Looks a bit like Bristol Motor Speedway to me! Smile

5 quick miles this morning - a very good training run, under 9 mm overall pace. I'm happy with it. Now, off to work!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

Dog got me up to go out at 3:30 - and it was raining.  She hates the rain so she did what she had to and came right back inside.   20 minutes later she thought, maybe I should have peed too while I was out there - so up again.  gggrrrr

My poor girls.  Sad

'Morning, kids!  So if you read my 10K RR from the other day, you read about that "cramp" I got the last mile.  I am actually still feeling a slight bit of achiness from that.  I didn't feel it during my last two runs (thankfully)...it's just sort of a dull ache when I am walking around.  Weird.  The fact that I still feel it tells me it wasn't just some normal cramp. 

Anyway, 8 flat easy miles last night at 8:37 pace.  More of the same today but on a hilly route.

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Posted this on FB, but wth I'll repost it here too: Saw something poetic on my run today. When I was running by the local college I saw a parked car had gotten hit. The person who had hit them had their bumper fall off, with the license plate still attached. I guess the cops will have an easy time solving that one.

What a maroon, huh? Yeah, I'm going to guess alcohol was involved. Got up a bit early and now I'm going to brush my teeth and get out the door because I have an 8AM dentist appointment. Then I get to pay for tabs on the pickup. Yay, money going out of my checking! Oh yeah, and my run this morning was 10 miles @ 8:50 pace.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Tuesday!   Today for me will be a run of somewhere between 3.5 and 5 miles after work, probably do a hill route today.   The high for today will only be 92 degrees, which is a nice 'low' for us in San Antonio after the weather we've had this summer.  Unfortunately, after today it will be back to early a.m. running for me again, because starting tomorrow, our temps are once again heading toward the 100 degree mark for the rest of the week.

Today is August 27th!  Holidays for today are Banana Day and Petroleum Day.

banana cartoons, banana cartoon, banana picture, banana pictures, banana image, banana images, banana illustration, banana illustrations

banana cartoons, banana cartoon, banana picture, banana pictures, banana image, banana images, banana illustration, banana illustrations

photo dinosaur_zps9fd37ca7.gif

photo manfuel_zpsa34467bd.gif

natural gas cartoons, natural gas cartoon, natural gas picture, natural gas pictures, natural gas image, natural gas images, natural gas illustration, natural gas illustrations

natural gas cartoons, natural gas cartoon, natural gas picture, natural gas pictures, natural gas image, natural gas images, natural gas illustration, natural gas illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Posted this on FB, but wth I'll repost it here too: Saw something poetic on my run today. When I was running by the local college I saw a parked car had gotten hit. The person who had hit them had their bumper fall off, with the license plate still attached. I guess the cops will have an easy time solving that one.

I was curious what the penalty would be if you get caught for a hit-and-run on a parked car so I googled.  Yowsers!  Any combination of thousands in fines, up to six points on your license, driving classes, suspended jail term with probabtion, and community service.  Cripes, the fines alone would be more than if you just leave a note and pay for the damage.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Actually, LRB, there is a large track at Fort Sam Houston that goes around for .71 miles if you do the full thing.  The two opposite sides are connected by a  cross-over path part of the the track, so people can do a regular "440" loop if they prefer that.  I bet you'd enjoy that track.  Come visit someday and I'll take you out there.

Good luck, Beth!  Have fun with your road trip, seeing your son, doing your tri, etc!  Sounds like you will be very 'on the go' for the next week or so!

Nothing like a 4-legged alarm clock, MBC! Gee, how come you just didn't make Baboon get up and take care of it? Wink

82 degrees sounds really nice, Damaris!   Hope your weather stays like that for you for a few days!

Congrats on your run, Tom!

Way to go on your miles, Baboon, in spite of the crampy feeling.  Hope that resolves quickly.  Maybe get a lower leg massage? He/she might be able to get the 'kink" out.

Congrats on your run, Andrew, and good luck at the dentist!   Hopefully the hitter vehicle was not stolen and the plates are not bogus.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Burrrrn, hilariously concerning.  Hit and run is a serious crime so he will be screwed.  Good.

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Nothing like a 4-legged alarm clock, MBC! Gee, how come you just didn't make Baboon get up and take care of it? Wink

He's the day shift.  I'm nights and weekends.

Will run for scenery.

Yay !  I get to go in to work an hour early for a half day of meetings.  Meetings about stuff.

There will be coffee.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!