Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Seeking a longer track (Read 40 times)

Jess runs for bacon

LRB, that was definitely a character building workout.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I had a mini breakdown at my desk just now, getting all emotional about my marathon in 12 days.

Taper is a big stupid jerk.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Taper is a big stupid jerk.

I can't help but LOL at that comment.

- Andrew

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi everyone.  6x800m repeats for me today (w/2:00min recovery jogs) and a total of 10.73 miles.  Splits were really strong and just under 5:30 pace:

2:45.4
          2:44.2
          2:43.7
          2:44.6
          2:43.7
          2:43.6

I don't know if I've ever been so wet running before.  It was one of those 100% humidity days that Docket gets to enjoy on a regular basis.

Sorry for the lack of personals these days.  I've been trying to read and keep up, but haven't had a lot of time.

Meaghan...I know what you're saying about kidding yourself going into prior marathons.  You're on the right track now though.  It's definitely about stringing the higher mileage months together.  For me, I feel my threshold is multiple 300 miles months.  Yours may be 200, but the idea is the same.

LRB...That's a pretty darn strong run there, regardless of how much it hurt.  And, not that it would have mattered since it wasn't in your pocket, but I think you're taking the GU a touch late.  They say 15 before every 45, but that seems a touch excessive to me so my marathon goal is always 7, 13, and 19.  Since my training paces are slower, it's usually a mile sooner.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

I can't help but LOL at that comment.

The new name is funnier!   You'll do great, April, don't worry.

Drs appt was OK - he's sending me back to PT (again? still?) and gave me a script for a new med.  Pretty soon I'll be able to open up my own pharmacy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, Oski!

Taperil, awesome new name!  You'll be fine!

Damaris

Hip Redux

My husband thinks I should put a physical therapist on retainer.  Not a bad idea at this point lol

delicate flower

Drs appt was OK - he's sending me back to PT (again? still?) and gave me a script for a new med.  Pretty soon I'll be able to open up my own pharmacy.

Sad  Hope it helps.

Got my 8.4 mile run done.  8:37 avg pace.  I felt great for 6 miles, then I fell apart once I hit the hills the last 2.4 miles.  Hills, heat (88 degrees), and humidity hit me like a ton of bricks.  I hadn't bonked in a long time and I guess I was due.  At least my cramp area didn't hurt.  And the pace wasn't terrible for running out of gas.

<3

Just B.S.

My husband thinks I should put a physical therapist on retainer.  Not a bad idea at this point lol

Dang.

meaghansketch

Oski- next step: A Live-in PT?  Hope you get some relief soon.

'Taperil' - Very cute!  I definitely understand getting emotional.  Try to enjoy the taper if you can.

SIAR- Thank you, I do feel like I'm on the right track.  I am sure that if/when I get up to a bit higher mileages I'll look back on this buildup and think 'what made me think I was prepared?' but it's always a balance and I do think that I'm doing more or less the right amount for where I am.  I do think that a couple months being steadily around 200 miles per month has made a big difference, hopefully I will remember this and keep it up as much as possible after the marathon.

As for your workout, those are some strong, consistent (and fast) splits, especially given the weather.

LRB

Good morning Beth!

Tom, you are always right on it my man!

Scotty if I ever made it down there, me thinks we would be into a lot of things, none of which rhyme with run!

Enjoy the hills BBB!

Wassup Mrs. BBB!

Burrrn, maroon?  Sounds like my main man Bugs Bunny!

Supp jjs22, them toes ever get right?

SIAR, the GU thing was just a exploratory because I was running on empty, I do not know if I would run with a half dozen of them things during an event.  Maybe a couple though, we will see.  Thanks for being the Marathon Mack Daddy!

Taperil, did you smack a bitch? lol

Hi D, Zel, Kris, Marj, Boo Boo, Meagan and Jess!

Hey D2, BP and Ric guess what I am doing?  You damn skippy, dranking!  8-P

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

another day done.  Hour of Pilates also done

MBC I win.  Quincy got me up at 12:30 for the second night in a row for emergency "I need to pee".  Dh never hears him but I do.  Now last night dh was at work but Sunday he was home and slept through the whole thing of Quincy getting up, getting water coming back to make sure I knew he was up and needed out, me getting out of bed to let him out etc.

In other news our other dog Hammy has to have foot surgery next week.  He has a growth between the pads on a back paw.  Vet looked at it today.  He has a bad wart.  At least now we know why he is limping and it isn't from his back or his arthritis.  Poor guy

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

MBC I win.  Quincy got me up at 12:30 for the second night in a row for emergency "I need to pee".  Dh never hears him but I do.  Now last night dh was at work but Sunday he was home and slept through the whole thing of Quincy getting up, getting water coming back to make sure I knew he was up and needed out, me getting out of bed to let him out etc.

I can relate w/ the DH.   I have to connive, cajole, chastise, and curse to make myself get out of bed when it's time to pee.  I would so much rather just lay there and ignore it and go back to sleep.  Downside is, I always have these recurring dreams where I have to pee and there's no bathroom to be found.  Ahhh, the Golden Years....

Well, tonight's the big pub run.  It's usually 3 miles, but I think I'll tack on some extra and go for 6.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Did 2.5 miles with only one walk break, followed by PT and icing.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Oski- next step: A Live-in PT?  Hope you get some relief soon.

'Taperil' - Very cute!  I definitely understand getting emotional.  Try to enjoy the taper if you can.

SIAR- Thank you, I do feel like I'm on the right track.  I am sure that if/when I get up to a bit higher mileages I'll look back on this buildup and think 'what made me think I was prepared?' but it's always a balance and I do think that I'm doing more or less the right amount for where I am.  I do think that a couple months being steadily around 200 miles per month has made a big difference, hopefully I will remember this and keep it up as much as possible after the marathon.

As for your workout, those are some strong, consistent (and fast) splits, especially given the weather.

The other thing that comes to mind is that matching one's time goal with the amount of training is really the heart of the matter. It took me a while to figure out what I needed mileage wise to run what I wanted to. You can run a GREAT marathon on your miles, especially with all your strong quality work, and I'm sure you'll do just that.

LRB...if you run with a half dozen of those suckers I will personally drive your way to smack you upside the head...then I will run away lol.

Taperil...love it! Hang in there.

Baboon...sorry about the crash. Other than potentially eating at your confidence, they're really not too big of a deal (sounds like you know that already).

Oski...yay, progress.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn