Beginners and Beyond

Yummy. Subway to remove chemical in bread found in yoga mats. (Read 111 times)

happylily

Btw, what is wrong with cheese? Everyone here (on RA) talks about it like if it was the devil's creation... I think of cheese as part of a healthy diet for me. Don't you all?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Cheese is a condiment here, people put it on everything.

DavePNW

Btw, what is wrong with cheese? Everyone here (on RA) talks about it like if it was the devil's creation... I think of cheese as part of a healthy diet for me. Don't you all?

Not me. I think of it as just a big blob of saturated fat. I have a virtually cheese-free diet. I'm sure like anything it's OK in moderation, I just figure I don't need it.

Dave

Just B.S.

s OK in moderation, I just figure I don't need it.

That how I feel about beer and harrd liquor Smile

My subway order, every, single, time for years and years

Chicken breast, honey oat bread, toasted, no cheese, all veggies including hot and jalapeno, extra

lettuce, extra tomato, extra olives, no mayo  salt pepperor oil etc just regular mustard.

BAM,  lunch once a month Smile

catwhoorg

Labrat

Cheese is fricken awesome.

Fried cheese tripley so.

Just in moderation as it is calorie dense

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

happylily

I just say put everything in, except onions. Because onions give me bad breath. I'll eat anything, I'm not fussy. I grew up being told that milk and cheese were imperative for strong bones. Of course, Quebec also has one of the biggest dairy industries in Canada, so maybe I was manipulated a little by my government. But goat cheese, mmmm....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

That how I feel about beer and harrd liquor Smile

My subway order, every, single, time for years and years

Chicken breast, honey oat bread, toasted, no cheese, all veggies including hot and jalapeno, extra

lettuce, extra tomato, extra olives, no mayo  salt pepperor oil etc just regular mustard.

If a doctor told me I had to give up beer in order to live, I would have to seriously think about it.

But on the Subway order, replace with turkey & wheat, and that's mine. I don't ask for double anything, but I'd take it. And sometimes I'll have them add guac.

Dave

Just B.S.

If a doctor told me I had to give up beer in order to live, I would have to seriously think about it.

But on the Subway order, replace with turkey & wheat, and that's mine. I don't ask for double anything, but I'd take it. And sometimes I'll have them add guac.

Oops I actually meant turkey breast.So esentially we are Subway twinsies.

I spent 10 days in Ireland,  visited the Guiness brewery , and did not drink one single beer.

I am a mutant :

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Cheese is a condiment life here, people put it on everything.

FYP.  We eat, breathe, and die cheese in this state.  I love cheese.

Running is dumb.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

FYP.  We eat, breathe, and die cheese in this state.  I love cheese.

One of your fellow Wisconsinites?

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

One of your fellow Wisconsinites?

Goldimouse!  Hey, I still need to get you a cheese hat.    You know, to go along with your collection of hats...

Running is dumb.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

WHAT?  I like cheese!

Damaris

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Chemical Shmemical.  I like their bread just like it is and would have kept eating the bread and any other bread with that shit in it to be honest.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Well, then he should know better.  Smile  Not all chemicals are dangerous and not all chemicals are safe, and talking about bananas when the topic is on a food additive that is banned in the EU and Australia is silly.

Signed,

Tired of the dihydrogen monoxide joke,

Oski, Ph.D.

I think that was in reaction to the attitude that "chemicals" in food are bad and if you can't pronounce it or don't recognize it, then you shouldn't eat it. All food is composed of chemicals, as you well know, and food labels often list the chemical rather than common name of food components. How many people might avoid a food with that list of ingredients if they weren't aware it was a banana?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Hip Redux

I think that was in reaction to the attitude that "chemicals" in food are bad and if you can't pronounce it or don't recognize it, then you shouldn't eat it. All food is composed of chemicals, as you well know, and food labels often list the chemical rather than common name of food components. How many people might avoid a food with that list of ingredients if they weren't aware it was a banana?

I get it.

The problem is - this chemical isn't found in a banana.   The fundamental problem is that people can't tell the difference between a "safe" chemical and a "not safe" chemical.   Why?  Because of conversations and articles like this. lol  Has anyone learned anything about this particular food additive to help them make an informed decision?  Nope.  But now we all know what's in a banana.