Beginners and Beyond

Deleted (Read 129 times)

happylily

That leaves nothing to talk about except running.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

Running, shoes, relationships, BMI, religion, healthcare, whether or not we should be allowed to post pictures of garbage cans, etc... Let's bring back the lively conversations in this joint! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You had locked it but it's the holidays and I'm feeling festive.  

As for the bowl season, I'm a college football fan and bowl season is one of my favorite times of the year.  Love it, love it, love it.  The best part is that most of the match ups are fairly good games.  Sure, there are the occasional games where one team just flat doesn't show up (see Arizona State's flat performance vs. Texas Tech last night) but, overall, it beats the hell out of Alabama vs. Mount St. Mary's in the 2nd week of the season.

I knew I had not gone crazy.  Crazy sneaky elves!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do I have to rename the thread now?

Yes, something saucy, like Sex and RocknRoll.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What the heck is going on, here? Listen to me, people: For 2014, I want NO MORE FOOTBALL TALK, NO MORE CANDY AND DONUT TALK, NO MORE BEER TALK AND NO MORE PET TALK. For anything else left, you can come to me and ask if it's acceptable. Thank you for being considerate of my needs.

Wait, no more donut stuff?

Maybe we should name this the Admin Thread since only admins are posting (well, except Jerry, who was naughty and repitiposted a thread).

Damaris

Hip Redux

Speaking of football, what the heck is up with some dude trying to "out" Aaron Rodgers?   What happened to privacy and all that?  Oy.

happylily

I've been thinking about something and no one will care about it here, but since it's a thread about nothing... When Liam Neeson's wife (Natasha Richardson) died in a ski accident not too far from here, he (Liam, whom I love as an actor) went on raging about the poor care she received at the local hospital. She had not been wearing a helmet and she refused to go to a clinic after the fall. A few hours later she went into a coma and it was too late. Now Michael Schumacher has the same type of ski accident, he was wearing a helmet, but he's in big medical trouble. Still, no one seems to question the quality of the care he is receiving. My patriotic pride is angry. May Schumacher come out of it in good health...

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

As for the bowl season, I'm a college football fan and bowl season is one of my favorite times of the year.  Love it, love it, love it.  The best part is that most of the match ups are fairly good games.  Sure, there are the occasional games where one team just flat doesn't show up (see Arizona State's flat performance vs. Texas Tech last night) but, overall, it beats the hell out of Alabama vs. Mount St. Mary's in the 2nd week of the season.

I enjoy watching bowl games, but not what goes along with it. By that I mean my wife telling me about how athletics has ruined academia in this country. The only way to enjoy a game unscathed is to go to a bar.

- Andrew

happylily

Football players look like they have very high BMI. Regrettable... (that's for Oski )

Hip Redux

Football players look like they have very high BMI. Regrettable... (that's for Oski )

lol

TxDiverMom

I am sure some folks wouldn't mind seeing a football thread deleted *cough cough MY WIFE cough cough*

NO WAY!!!  I love football, watch a lot of it on TV, and can talk it up with most of the guys.  But then I live in Texas and grew up in Louisiana.  It's not possible for me to be any other way!

The games last night were not so hot.  I knew Texas would get killed because they just have no defense and Oregon can put up big yards.  I thought Tech would do better than they did.  So instead I watched some more episodes of the Breaking Bad marathon that I filmed.

TxDiverMom

I enjoy watching bowl games, but not what goes along with it. By that I mean my wife telling me about how athletics has ruined academia in this country. The only way to enjoy a game unscathed is to go to a bar.

Where are y'all finding these women?  Y'all must have been looking for love in all the wrong places!

I agree with that, the games are just all over the place now.  I prefer when the big four; Orange, Rose, Sugar and Cotton bowl were played on the same day between the three networks.

Somewhere along the line the Cotton bowl became irrelevant and the Fiesta became the fourth.

I agree with LRB.  New Year's Day meant all the four major bowl games plus the Rose Bowl parade in the morning for the kids and the mothers.  And Keith Jackson calling the "Game".  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQicippGDJQ

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

LRB

Speaking of football, what the heck is up with some dude trying to "out" Aaron Rodgers?   What happened to privacy and all that? Oy.

This is the first I have heard of that, hope he is not made a spectacle for it.

Hip Redux

This is the first I have heard of that, hope he is not made a spectacle for it.

It's "news" articles like this:  Gossip.  But it's starting to get around (I first saw it on reddit).

I really like Aaron Rodgers  (<---- go Cal Bears!) and I don't care at all who he sleeps with, but one article even calls it a "gay controversy".  Really?  A controversy?  Jeez.

LRB

I really like Aaron Rodgers  (<---- go Cal Bears!) and I don't care at all who he sleeps with, but one article even calls it a "gay controversy".  Really?  A controversy?  Jeez.

"Silence always comes with an expiration date...", that dude needs his ass kicked.