Beginners and Beyond

1,000 miles!!! :) (Read 235 times)

rainmakerrc

Congrats, and great running!

Creawood

Nice job, man.  Off to a great start!

I would say something like "take it easy, don't overdo it," but I know you probably wouldn't listen.  So, keep up the good work!

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

WTG, congrats! 1,000 is a big goal, it's worth celebrating!

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Woohoo, congratulations!  I'm right behind you, though it's taken me a little longer to get there than it has taken you.  

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

SheCan

What an exciting milestone!  You going to gift yourself some new running gear as a reward?  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Camp Muir

Congratulations!  I'm hoping for 1000 miles for the year.  Right now I'm at 979 so I'm getting close...

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!  I've been riding high all day.  

Yeah, I think I'm well past any kind of "taking it easy" lol Although, as I mentioned I have yet to be injured, and I credit that to the fact that I do I back off and rest when needed.  I haven't given my body any more than it has been able to handle.  

Don't get me wrong, I am still very much a beginner and have a lot to learn, I've just been able to get into some good base building quickly.  If you look in my log, you'll see its all green easy runs, that's all I do. I just go out and run at whatever easy pace feels comfortable.  That pace has definitely gotten quicker tho, and I'm just about ready to start rolling in some speed work. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

What an exciting milestone!  You going to gift yourself some new running gear as a reward?  

Getting a Garmin for Christmas so I can start doing some speed work, time to get serious. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Congratulations! What a great milestone. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Stop N Go

Holy crap that is impressive!  I'm 6 months in and project to be around half of your total when I hit 8 months.  You should keep a blog on ramping up for beginners!

Well done.

5k PR Oct 2012 - 23:20

5k Goal 2013 - 21:5x

EasyMiles

Nice job!  That is some serious miles in your first 8 months.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Steph!

Holy crap that is impressive!  I'm 6 months in and project to be around half of your total when I hit 8 months.  You should keep a blog on ramping up for beginners!

Well done.

Thanks! I've thought about starting a blog, could roll in weight loss stuff too (I've dropped 85lbs).  Although, I'm not sure that doubling your mileage every month for the first few months is the best advice for most beginners. LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Yay, Dave!

Awesome.  Smile

Rubybaby43

enabler

Woohoo...especially on the injury-free part!  That's some good stuff right there!

KLO

more miles = more beer