Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies with a side of snow, please (Read 47 times)

B-Plus

I ran 6 miles. I'll run again after work, to be followed by pizza and beer. No movie though.

We set some temperature records this weekend. Highs of 14-15C. I don't know what that is in American, and I'm too lazy to use google convert. Maybe 50ish.

Hip Redux

I ran 6 miles. I'll run again after work, to be followed by pizza and beer. No movie though.

We set some temperature records this weekend. Highs of 14-15C. I don't know what that is in American, and I'm too lazy to use google convert. Maybe 50ish.

15C =  59F.

LRB

Pretty much all of New England right now ----->

lol

B-Plus

Ric-G

5 miles this morning....palm springs on wednesday and thursday for a work conference - i'll be checking for snow ....have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Someone got run over and killed downstairs.  Not me.  Stupid bus drivers, always accelerating at the turn with us on the crosswalk.  I have almost being hit there twice.  Poor woman.

My whole building is still cordoned off.  I wish they would just close the building today.

Damaris

LRB

My whole building is still cordoned off.  I wish they would just close the building today.

It might be midnight before you get home.

From the Internet.

FAAHHHK. My left IT band is super serious that it suddenly doesn't want to be normal anymore. Super frustrated. Took the weekend off, rolled out the hip/leg a few times, felt fine - no longer hitting super painful tight spots. I'd planned to run 11 miles today before the snow hit, was not even remotely possible. I was fine until about 2 miles when started getting some warning twinges outside the left knee, and then boom, crippling pain and limping at 2.5. I would hate being injured a little bit less if I had some indication that this would happen before I'm 2+ miles from home. Channeled my frustration at being stuck so far from home in 17 degree weather into some low-7:00 pace intervals alternated with walking - faster pace felt much better than easy pace. Now it's majorly inflamed though, hurts to put weight on it.

PT appointment scheduled for 8 AM Saturday (my usual group run time  Wink to start getting to the bottom of it. Looking up the touted Myrtl routine, foam rolling, and popping anti-inflammatories until then.

onemile

FAAHHHK. My left IT band is super serious that it suddenly doesn't want to be normal anymore. Super frustrated. Took the weekend off, rolled out the hip/leg a few times, felt fine - no longer hitting super painful tight spots. I'd planned to run 11 miles today before the snow hit, was not even remotely possible. I was fine until about 2 miles when started getting some warning twinges outside the left knee, and then boom, crippling pain and limping at 2.5. I would hate being injured a little bit less if I had some indication that this would happen before I'm 2+ miles from home. Channeled my frustration at being stuck so far from home in 17 degree weather into some low-7:00 pace intervals alternated with walking - faster pace felt much better than easy pace. Now it's majorly inflamed though, hurts to put weight on it.

PT appointment scheduled for 8 AM Saturday (my usual group run time  Wink to start getting to the bottom of it. Looking up the touted Myrtl routine, foam rolling, and popping anti-inflammatories until then.

This all sounds painfully familiar.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me.

I will not pass 200 miles and may not even get to 100. lol

Me either! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Pretty much all of New England right now ----->

Watching the Weather Channel  yesterday and they were interviewing people that were in the stores stocking up for the storm. One 20-something guy said "Yeah, I'm ready...I got beer, chips, soda...."   really?  What about water, batteries, flashlight, blankets, etc?   Kid sounded like he was stocking up for a long-term party, lol, instead of a winter storm.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That is WAY too  much snow for me!  But I guess you need it, Baboon, for all that skiing.  Glad you did not run INTO that tree!

'Morning!  Be safe, my little Northeast snowflakes.

Part of yesterday's fun.  Looking to do more of the same today.  I slept hard last night.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Someone got run over and killed downstairs.  Not me.  Stupid bus drivers, always accelerating at the turn with us on the crosswalk.  I have almost being hit there twice.  Poor woman.

That is awful! I feel for her family, what terrible news to be given.

Sorry your building is cordoned off....hope you have a blanket and pillow if you have to stay there overnight...

Half Crazy K 2.0

Watching the Weather Channel  yesterday and they were interviewing people that were in the stores stocking up for the storm. One 20-something guy said "Yeah, I'm ready...I got beer, chips, soda...."   really?  What about water, batteries, flashlight, blankets, etc?   Kid sounded like he was stocking up for a long-term party, lol, instead of a winter storm.

Beer is totally a necessity for winter storms. Hope he also stocked up on condoms.  If not, he'll be part of the post blizzard baby boom.

Little Blue

No matter what happens, I always need to buy regular groceries just before an ice storm or hurricane.  No, really, my usual ice storm prep is beer and dog food.  We have a well, generator, wood stove, charcoal grill and stocked freezer.  We could camp easily for a week.  But I cannot make beer or dog food at home.

I can't quit laughing at Oski's cartoon guy.