Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies with a side of snow, please (Read 47 times)

workinprogress11

5 easy miles. I'm jumping into week 6 of Hanson's beginner plan as I was already well ahead of weeks 1-5. If only you could run a good marathon running 5 easy miles every day in training.  Scary speed work tomorrow.

From the Internet.

Watching the Weather Channel  yesterday and they were interviewing people that were in the stores stocking up for the storm. One 20-something guy said "Yeah, I'm ready...I got beer, chips, soda...."   really?  What about water, batteries, flashlight, blankets, etc?   Kid sounded like he was stocking up for a long-term party, lol, instead of a winter storm.

That's more or less what I got yesterday too haha. Plus bloody mary and martini fixings. However that's because I'm always stocked up on water, batteries, blankets, and flashlights regardless of the weather!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Watching the Weather Channel  yesterday and they were interviewing people that were in the stores stocking up for the storm. One 20-something guy said "Yeah, I'm ready...I got beer, chips, soda...."   really?  What about water, batteries, flashlight, blankets, etc?   Kid sounded like he was stocking up for a long-term party, lol, instead of a winter storm.

Well, isn't that what the winter storm really is?  Beer runs out before water before a hurricane too.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, just to clarify, the building is open and we can go in and out.  But we are condoned off because the scene of the crime is right by our sidewalk. It's a miracle she didn't fly into our building.  Poor woman.

Damaris

LRB

This all sounds painfully familiar.

January 7, 2012 during an 8 mile run. Thought it might have been a fluke but took 7 days off just in case.

The following week just after mile 2 the pain returned only this time with a vengeance!

Yep, walking home in January when you were dressed to run is no fun. That's made worse when you have no idea what the hell you are going to do to fix it.

DavePNW

Rest day for me.

I will not pass 200 miles and may not even get to 100. lol

Your 2015 in 2015 team must be loving you so far!

Dave

Hip Redux

This all sounds painfully familiar.

+1.  Been there, done that.

Lauren - look into Graston.  That's what ultimately helped my worst ITBS case.  I have it chronically now, even after taking all summer off with surgery but it's at a low level, constant pain, not that sharp, OMG pain.

Snowzilla 2015 is here, folks.  I needed to get gas.  The line was around the block by the time I left (only a few cars in the line when I got in) and it was OMG WTF are you doing level stupidity.   People backing into spots that other people were pulling in to, people blocking multiple pumps....

I had to go get two cavities filled today.  You know what's not a good idea?  Getting a hot tea from Starbucks when half your face is numb.  

onemile

Lauren - look into Graston.  That's what ultimately helped my worst ITBS case.  I have it chronically now, even after taking all summer off with surgery but it's at a low level, constant pain, not that sharp, OMG pain.

Yeah, Graston is what helped me too. After I trying PT, ART, Ultrasound, cortisone, strengthening exercises, chiropractic adjustments, ice, ibuprofen etc etc.  Mine reminds me still if I do too much four years later.

LRB

Yeah, Graston is what helped me too. After I trying PT, ART, Ultrasound, cortisone, strengthening exercises, chiropractic adjustments, ice, ibuprofen etc etc.  Mine reminds me still if I do too much four years later.

Supports for my high arches and hip strengthening stuff got me back out there. Although like you, I still get reminders from time to time.

DavePNW

Here's a question for people who like to race 5k's. I will be doing my usual Tuesday intervals tomorrow, 5 days before a race. I have been doing them at ~5k pace, increasing repeat distance weekly. Last week I did 4x1200's, so this week I would ordinarily move it up to 3x1600's. Is that too tough a workout this close to a race?

I might end up blowing off the race anyway, they are forecasting temps in the single digits + some wind, which is just stupid. (Also chance of snow on Thursday.) I don't know how you dress for that and try to run fast at the same time.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+1.  Been there, done that.

Snowzilla 2015 is here, folks.  I needed to get gas.  The line was around the block by the time I left (only a few cars in the line when I got in) and it was OMG WTF are you doing level stupidity.   People backing into spots that other people were pulling in to, people blocking multiple pumps....

I had to go get two cavities filled today.  You know what's not a good idea?  Getting a hot tea from Starbucks when half your face is numb.  

I love that smiley.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Here's a question for people who like to race 5k's. I will be doing my usual Tuesday intervals tomorrow, 5 days before a race. I have been doing them at ~5k pace, increasing repeat distance weekly. Last week I did 4x1200's, so this week I would ordinarily move it up to 3x1600's. Is that too tough a workout this close to a race?

I might end up blowing off the race anyway, they are forecasting temps in the single digits + some wind, which is just stupid. (Also chance of snow on Thursday.) I don't know how you dress for that and try to run fast at the same time.

*Crickets*

Damaris

LRB

It's bizarre how people lose their damn minds over an otherwise normal occurrence.

This just in: IT SNOWS IN JANUARY PEOPLE!

onemile

I would say skip the race because I will feel bad when you smash my PR in single digits + some wind + snow.

onemile

It's bizarre how people lose their damn minds over an otherwise normal occurrence.

This just in: IT SNOWS IN JANUARY PEOPLE!

+1