MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Pilates later

Marjorie

LRB

So why can't he find it?

lol

B-Plus

I slept pretty damn well. 8 miles on tap.

LRB

Rick, I hope that your red-for session goes well. Are you feeling better enough to work on things by yourself?

I have gleaned enough of the concept to continue on my own yes.  The thing about it though is that while Nicole is acting in the capacity of a personal trainer, she is actually a physical therapist and any runner whom has interacted with a PT knows the time spent went them is invaluable. 

I am thus torn between leaving what has become such an important aspect of my training, while simultaneously delving into the most important, strenuous and demanding phase of this year's training. 

Hope you feel better as the day proceeds!

Zelanie

After two earthquakes in the past week, there is no way that I am sleeping naked down here!  I want to be able to run away without having to take the blanket with me!

6 easy done.

Dave- I get the feeling of heavy legs on my easy days pretty frequently.  I think the bigger question is how do you feel afterwards?  Refreshed?  Better than if you hadn't run at all?  That seems to be a good indicator for me.  Today I felt like I could barely drag my feet to the gym, then felt great with about 2 miles left to run.

LRB

lol at Z!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have gleaned enough of the concept to continue on my own yes.  The thing about it though is that while Nicole is acting in the capacity of a personal trainer, she is actually a physical therapist and any runner whom has interacted with a PT knows the time spent went them is invaluable. 

I am thus torn between leaving what has become such an important aspect of my training, while simultaneously delving into the most important, strenuous and demanding phase of this year's training. 

Hope you feel better as the day proceeds!

I am not planning on dropping Pilates on peak weeks.  Maybe there is a version of red cord light you can do?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After two earthquakes in the past week, there is no way that I am sleeping naked down here!  I want to be able to run away without having to take the blanket with me!

6 easy done.

Dave- I get the feeling of heavy legs on my easy days pretty frequently.  I think the bigger question is how do you feel afterwards?  Refreshed?  Better than if you hadn't run at all?  That seems to be a good indicator for me.  Today I felt like I could barely drag my feet to the gym, then felt great with about 2 miles left to run.

Silly. You sleep naked and keep clothes by the bed!

Damaris

LRB

I am not planning on dropping Pilates on peak weeks.  Maybe there is a version of red cord light you can do?

I will keep it heavy, run easy on Tuesday's and move my speed work to Wednesday depending on how strenuous that particular Monday is.

LRB

Speaking of strenuous we are NOW SERVING FRIED ASS AND HIPS!  Get 'em while they're hot!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Back from my allergy shot.  The doctor was there (she is usually too busy) and she came by to say hi.  I was telling her how hard this year has been on my lungs and allergies and she showed me the segment she recently did for CBS 4 about it.  They are calling the phenomenon the Pollen Vortex.  Just try to imagine a full year without a Winter and nothing but high pollen and allergy season ALL YEAR LONG and you will get what Miami is going through, in part, thanks to the polar vortex that never came down here.  And I am more thankful now (more than ever) that my asthma is controlled because if the asthma was like 3 years ago, I would be indoors the whole year.

Damaris

LRB

Back from my allergy shot.  The doctor was there (she is usually too busy) and she came by to say hi.  I was telling her how hard this year has been on my lungs and allergies and she showed me the segment she recently did for CBS 4 about it.  They are calling the phenomenon the Pollen Vortex.  Just try to imagine a full year without a Winter and nothing but high pollen and allergy season ALL YEAR LONG and you will get what Miami is going through, in part, thanks to the polar vortex that never came down here.  And I am more thankful now (more than ever) that my asthma is controlled because if the asthma was like 3 years ago, I would be indoors the whole year.

People who go south for parts of the winter are called snowbirds, you should be a sun bird and come north for it!

happylily

People who go south for parts of the winter are called snowbirds, you should be a sun bird and come north for it!

She would have to retire for this to happen and hopefully, when she retires, she''ll just move away from Miami for good.

Zel, LOL... Are you used to earthquakes, in Oregon? I'd be terrified. And yes, I would not want to be caught without my pyjamas on!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010