Beginners and Beyond

Looks Like I'll be in the market for a new garmin....... again (Read 109 times)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I have a 6 year old Garmin 305 which works just fine. It stays charged for days. But it's super huge and my wrist is too small for it. Still, I plan on keeping it until it no longer works.

This but mine is only 4 years old (bought when they dropped in price to $100).  If/when it goes to crap I'll probably buy a refurbished 305 because they damn thing just works.

You people have issues 

and my clunky old 205 just keeps rollin' along ... seriously folks, how much "information" do you really need?

Not that this is unique to the running community or anything ... I have hiker friends who absolutely have to have the latest & "greatest" gear.

+1    The more I've run, the more I agree with your statement.

I get the reasons why ($'s) but I really wish Garmin had a reasonably priced model that only had distance, elapsed time, avg. pace, auto lap, maybe auto stop, and a 20 hour battery life like my 310. Sign me up.

The killer app for me is battery life. I hate having to charge something every day or night. And if I lose a little life over time it isn't a big hassle.

Because the 310 is an ugly color. 

I've heard orange is the new black. Wink

hog4life

I have a 205 that is 3 years old and starting to die. I've been looking at the new Forerunner 15 just for costs. I really would like one of the better ones someday.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You were supposed to change the band from the plastic one to the nylon one during winter, now buy a 410 from Amazon on black Friday brand new w/ HRM for $120 and do it right this time.

Boon, the 610 and 620 do too much (or stuff I do not need) which is honestly the only reason I am still using the 410.

I get about 4 days of running out of mine before I need to charge it.

That is the problem damn it, I tried to change the very last one but ended up breaking it myself. I just can't/couldn't seem to figure it out. And they broke during summer too damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

That is the problem damn it, I tried to change the very last one but ended up breaking it myself. I just can't/couldn't seem to figure it out. And they broke during summer too damn it.

I always forget how tricky it is because I only do it twice a year but yes it is a pain in the ass to change that thing!

Aside from that though it is pretty dependable and because you customize the screens, the stuff you don't need is not there overloading you with crap you have no interest in.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Because the 310 is an ugly color. 

And the 910 is a tiny itty bit smaller.  Or less big.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I always forget how tricky it is because I only do it twice a year but yes it is a pain in the ass to change that thing!

Aside from that though it is pretty dependable and because you customize the screens, the stuff you don't need is not there overloading you with crap you have no interest in.

It definitely sucks.... I know that right now my wants are battery life, gps for accuracy, splits/laps, and pace ( I think that is it). I know that if and when I step into the ultra world those wants will decrease to pretty much battery life, MAYBE gps, and of course time. Who the fucks want laps/splits for any distance longer than a marathon? Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Fk... and I am aesthetic minded.

I could give a rats ass when it comes to color. If I am given the option I will choose something I like better, but otherwise it is the color it is.

Shit If I am looking at my shoes, watch, shorts or shirt and thinking of the color I am not running.  I definitely am not racing.

The only time I have had persons in a run/ race that made a comment about color of my gear is from the 5k run/ walk crowd, that typically carry a pic-a-nic basket along.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Fk... and I am aesthetic minded.

I could give a rats ass when it comes to color. If I am given the option I will choose something I like better, but otherwise it is the color it is.

Shit If I am looking at my shoes, watch, shorts or shirt and thinking of the color I am not running.  I definitely am not racing.

The only time I have had persons in a run/ race that made a comment about color of my gear is from the 5k run/ walk crowd, that typically carry a pic-a-nic basket along.

Color of watch doesn't bother me, but I did choose the white one for the 610 just for the hell of it.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, Sly, of course the watch needs to match what I'm wearing, sheesh!

Damaris

LRB

Yeah well color me picky because I sure as heck do not want a pink watch with yellow accents.  lol

My only criteria along those lines is it would be nice if my running watch blends in with casual clothes because some days I wear it to work or while out on errands, which is ultimately why I picked the 410 over the 310.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah well color me picky because I sure as heck do not want a pink watch with yellow accents.  lol

My only criteria along those lines is it would be nice if my running watch blends in with casual clothes because some days I wear it to work or while out on errands, which is ultimately why I picked the 410 over the 310.

I think you would rock a pink watch with yellow accents, you make it so sexy.

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I think you would rock a pink watch with yellow accents, you make it so sexy.

Agree...   LRB to rock the pink

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Agree...   LRB to rock the pink

You too 

PRs