Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #9 (Read 36 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I love weddings. I’d go in your place but I think he might notice. When you do find a dress, pls post pics. We can also decide for you, like we do for races and apparel.

I found a dress. Which I had to order in another color in three sizes since it was the only one that was Prime eligible, and then once I knew which size I needed, I ordered that in the color I thought I wanted. Except it turned out to be more burgundy than I expected, and even if burgundy didn't make me look like a corpse, I passive aggressively want a red dress. So I ordered a different one that was definitely red, but the one Prime-eligible size (which should fit perfectly according to the size chart) is too big, a smaller size wouldn't arrive in time, and the skirt is just too... foofy, it's very not me.

The company that makes the original dress also makes another one that does come in bright red, but it's a low cowl back and sleeveless. I asked if I could have the other style in bright red and they said no. Then I read the reviews on the low-back one and people were saying they had ordered it customized with a high back and long sleeves, which is essentially the exact same thing I was asking for, but semantics make it sound different, so now I asked them for that instead. This is all so stupid and I'd rather stay in bed.

But okay, should I ever actually have a dress that I will actually be able to wear, I will post a photo of it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

Cy, I'm glad things went well yesterday!  Enjoy your movie day!

Blue, what about adding a light sweater or wrap to cover your arms instead?  That way maybe you end up with a dress you like and could wear again.

SIAR, sorry you're still not feeling well!

I am actually feeling better, this is just taking longer than I thought it would to be able to breathe without a coughing fit.  I'm going to try to go to the gym today and see if I can run on the treadmill without coughing a lot and alarming everyone else in there. I'll be armed with all the lozenges and will take a dose of the cough suppressant about 30 minutes before I go.  The air outside is too cold for my lungs right now, so that's not a viable option today.

GinnyinPA

Cy - are you sick or hurting from yesterday? I hope you feel better soon.

SIAR - I hope you manage to fend off any serious illness.

KC - Not going outside to run is smart. I find if I do too much with a cough, it lasts twice as long.

I have 5 to do later.

Baboon

delicate flower

My work day so far:

Me:  "I'm going to be working on these two things today and it should take me most of the day."

Everyone else:  "HAHAHAHA no you're not....work on these things instead."

Me:  *grumble grumble fuck this place*

<3

RunningOnSand

Hey good internet running friends, today my ass and triceps are so sore. Not in the most horrific way, but it hurts to bend down or squat. I guess that means my strength training is working, yahoo! Big grin

Today may end up being a RD. I've run every day this year (which is an awesome streak for me) and also on Dec 31, so that makes it 7 or 8 straight days of running? Or 9? I can't count right now. Or, I may do an easy 3 on the TM to see if it loosens anything up. I keep toying with the idea that some of you employ, of running on the daily. We'll see.

SIAR, I can't believe you're still sick. Sad Feel better!

Docket, glad you are feeling better.

Cy, glad it's not as terrible as you'd feared, and that your dentist couldn't see your sinus cavity. That's a relief. Good to be proactive, too.

Babs, I'd be jealous, too. Hope your wife has a great time with her friends, and that work flies by for you (and you don't end up spending all weekend there).

Blue, yes, please do post pics.

Wolvmar, that's awesome!! Glad today's run was a good one.

FS, good luck with your run today. Hope it's not too painful.

Whiskers, good luck with your computer? Sounds like a nightmare.

KC, good luck on your lunch run.

bluerun

Super B****

Blue, what about adding a light sweater or wrap to cover your arms instead?  That way maybe you end up with a dress you like and could wear again.

I'm probably going to be all wrapped up anyway because these halls are always freezing, but if I take it off for pictures, heads will roll (notably, mine). The only weddings I would ever go to are family weddings, where I would be expected to wear sleeves, so I wouldn't be able to reuse a dress anyway. Not to mention -- I generally prefer short dresses, but given the magnitude of the occasion (SARCASM) I'm getting a long one this time, so I might not even want to reuse it. Blah.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I found a dress. Which I had to order in another color in three sizes since it was the only one that was Prime eligible, and then once I knew which size I needed, I ordered that in the color I thought I wanted. Except it turned out to be more burgundy than I expected, and even if burgundy didn't make me look like a corpse, I passive aggressively want a red dress. So I ordered a different one that was definitely red, but the one Prime-eligible size (which should fit perfectly according to the size chart) is too big, a smaller size wouldn't arrive in time, and the skirt is just too... foofy, it's very not me.

The company that makes the original dress also makes another one that does come in bright red, but it's a low cowl back and sleeveless. I asked if I could have the other style in bright red and they said no. Then I read the reviews on the low-back one and people were saying they had ordered it customized with a high back and long sleeves, which is essentially the exact same thing I was asking for, but semantics make it sound different, so now I asked them for that instead. This is all so stupid and I'd rather stay in bed.

But okay, should I ever actually have a dress that I will actually be able to wear, I will post a photo of it.

RunningOnSand

For anyone who is bored, did you hear Nike has come up with a new shoe? It claims to help reduce overuse injuries. While it is a stability shoe, it kind of looks like they're marketing to people who are neutral runners as well (unless I'm mistaken, which could be!).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For anyone who is bored, did you hear Nike has come up with a new shoe? It claims to help reduce overuse injuries. While it is a stability shoe, it kind of looks like they're marketing to people who are neutral runners as well (unless I'm mistaken, which could be!).

Probably marketing whoever can pay $10000 for shoes.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Probably marketing whoever can pay $10000 for shoes.

I'm in.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Should I do a 5 mile race on Saturday? Day of registration only, flat course and $4. It will be 60+ and humid, which would be an issue.

LRB

Rest day for me today

What's the 10 day forecast looking like? Are you sticking with Maurten gels, doing a combo with GUs, or all GUs?

KCRuns

Should I do a 5 mile race on Saturday? Day of registration only, flat course and $4. It will be 60+ and humid, which would be an issue.

a $4 race?!?  YES

Baboon

delicate flower

a $4 race?!?  YES

+1.  I'd love to do a 5K Saturday but there aren't any.  Stupid winter.  It's a 10K day in the $5 weekly series I do and I don't want to blow up my legs before Sunday.  5K would be fine though.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

+1.  I'd love to do a 5K Saturday but there aren't any.  Stupid winter.  It's a 10K day in the $5 weekly series I do and I don't want to blow up my legs before Sunday.  5K would be fine though.

There's a 5k Sunday, but it sold out. Apparently it's capacity is 50.