Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #9 (Read 36 times)

onemile

What's the 10 day forecast looking like? Are you sticking with Maurten gels, doing a combo with GUs, or all GUs?

Looking a bit warmer than I'd like. Overnight lows in the mid-50s (highs just under 70) and possibly rain (which would be better than sun) . Planning to give all Maurten a try.

Wife and mother in law who lives with us have been sick for week, so far not me.

10 sluggish miles:  8 on stream grade then 2 on short shallow gutter hill...emphasis on sluggish as still feeling the 12 at Accotink on Tuesday

DavePNW

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I'm probably going to be all wrapped up anyway because these halls are always freezing, but if I take it off for pictures, heads will roll (notably, mine). The only weddings I would ever go to are family weddings, where I would be expected to wear sleeves, so I wouldn't be able to reuse a dress anyway. Not to mention -- I generally prefer short dresses, but given the magnitude of the occasion (SARCASM) I'm getting a long one this time, so I might not even want to reuse it. Blah.

Makes putting on a suit, choosing between gray or blue, and slapping on a tie, seem like the way to go! Perhaps men aren't so dumb?!

DavePNW

+1.  I'd love to do a 5K Saturday but there aren't any.  Stupid winter.  It's a 10K day in the $5 weekly series I do and I don't want to blow up my legs before Sunday.  5K would be fine though.

That’s the nice thing about having parkruns available. It’s a 5k every Saturday year-round, and oh yeah it’s free. There’s also a monthly year-round race series that always has 5k & 10k. At $27 & $32 respectively, as cheap as it gets for these parts. All of these are low-key races with manual timing and no shirts or medals or general fanfare.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

That’s the nice thing about having parkruns available. It’s a 5k every Saturday year-round, and oh yeah it’s free. There’s also a monthly year-round race series that always has 5k & 10k. At $27 & $32 respectively, as cheap as it gets for these parts. All of these are low-key races with manual timing and no shirts or medals or general fanfare.

I thought about a 5 miler Saturday but it's three hours in the car round trip.  FTS.  I'd do that for a HM though.  My Sunday race is a "$2 suggested donation, if you have it."

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

There is a park run, but its hilly,  double out and back and on the opposite corner of the city. Oh, and periodically bodies are found there.

DavePNW

I thought about a 5 miler Saturday but it's three hours in the car round trip.  FTS.  I'd do that for a HM though.  

Agreed. Although I don’t think I’ve ever traveled more than about an hour for an HM. There are 3 parkruns around here, and none are super-convenient, but not bad considering Saturday AM lack of traffic.

Dave

DavePNW

There is a park run, but its hilly,  double out and back and on the opposite corner of the city. Oh, and periodically bodies are found there.

Yikes.

The one I’ve done is very flat and is on a straight line on a paved trail. It used to start/finish in the middle, so you’d have two 180 degree turnarounds. When I did it on 1/1 it was the first time on a new course. Which was the same trail, but designed to be a single out & back. However they had just closed part of the trail due to mudslides, which was a little disconcerting. But they adjusted that day by only going out half as far, and making it a double out & back.

Dave

DavePNW

Makes putting on a suit, choosing between gray or blue, and slapping on a tie, seem like the way to go! Perhaps men aren't so dumb?!

Smart, or boring and conformist? You decide. I in fact really only have once good suit to choose from. I have a bunch of suits I bought mostly way back in the :cough: ‘90s, so they are all pretty dated. But about 5 years ago I decided it was time for an update, and got a new one that I’m really happy with. I just need more occasions to wear it.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Smart, or boring and conformist? You decide. I in fact really only have once good suit to choose from. I have a bunch of suits I bought mostly way back in the :cough: ‘90s, so they are all pretty dated. But about 5 years ago I decided it was time for an update, and got a new one that I’m really happy with. I just need more occasions to wear it.

MrW only has a newer suit because he was in a wedding a few years ago and the groomsmen had to BUY the suit. And not just any suit. But one that a specific tailor was making. It was a giant headache. Doesn't compare to my closet of bridesmaid dresses though.

I've had a several year break from weddings. Of course, now people are starting to get divorced so maybe Round 2 is coming?

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've had a several year break from weddings. Of course, now people are starting to get divorced so maybe Round 2 is coming?

Most of the people I know who had round 2 did something very small.

And now all the neighbors kids are getting married.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I thought about a 5 miler Saturday but it's three hours in the car round trip.  FTS.  I'd do that for a HM though.  My Sunday race is a "$2 suggested donation, if you have it."

I have a 7 mile race in 3 weeks and all it costs is to bring at least one can of goods for the Food Bank.

Damaris

LRB

MrW only has a newer suit because he was in a wedding a few years ago and the groomsmen had to BUY the suit. And not just any suit. But one that a specific tailor was making. It was a giant headache. Doesn't compare to my closet of bridesmaid dresses though.

This boggles my mind. My brother asked if I would ever get married again and I was like bitch please. lol #nonoandhellno

bluerun

Super B****

For anyone who is bored, did you hear Nike has come up with a new shoe? It claims to help reduce overuse injuries. While it is a stability shoe, it kind of looks like they're marketing to people who are neutral runners as well (unless I'm mistaken, which could be!).

If it's anything like the 4% for me, I'll probably GET overuse injuries from it (though I refuse to buy Nike anymore on principle so no need for me to worry about it)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog