Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #9 (Read 36 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Should I do a 5 mile race on Saturday? Day of registration only, flat course and $4. It will be 60+ and humid, which would be an issue.

Why is this even a question?? Of course you should!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Makes putting on a suit, choosing between gray or blue, and slapping on a tie, seem like the way to go! Perhaps men aren't so dumb?!

In this respect, no. But then, I'd go in my pajamas if I could.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

MrW only has a newer suit because he was in a wedding a few years ago and the groomsmen had to BUY the suit. And not just any suit. But one that a specific tailor was making. It was a giant headache. Doesn't compare to my closet of bridesmaid dresses though.

I've had a several year break from weddings. Of course, now people are starting to get divorced so maybe Round 2 is coming?

We’ve had some round 2s as well as nieces/nephews. Theoretically our own kids are getting to be that age, but I don’t see it happening for them anytime soon, if ever.

Dave

DavePNW

This boggles my mind. My brother asked if I would ever get married again and I was like bitch please. lol #nonoandhellno

If I were in the situation, IDK. What is more outrageous are those who go for a second round of kids. Just No. Effing. Way.

Dave

DavePNW

In this respect, no. But then, I'd go in my pajamas if I could.

I enjoy playing dress-up.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

If I were in the situation, IDK. What is more outrageous are those who go for a second round of kids. Just No. Effing. Way.

I've seen it where second round of kids are younger than grandkids.

bluerun

Super B****

I enjoy playing dress-up.

There are not enough words in the dictionary for me to describe how very much I loathe it.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

I’m procrastinating as long as possible on my run, because I am afraid at how my knee is going to feel. 

I guess it’s nice to have the freedom to do that since I’m not working. Plus I have a dog sleeping on my lap right now. But at some point I have to go before I decide I want to eat lunch.

Dave

DavePNW

There are not enough words in the dictionary for me to describe how very much I loathe it.

And you know a lot of words. The best words!

What do you hate about it? Physical discomfort? Emotional discomfort? The shopping and decision-making?

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I got our 7.1 miles done, quads were sore, a lot of everything was sore but not nearly as much when I ran as when I walked 🤷‍♀️

Oh and I had to avoid getting ran over, seriously.... it was after 9, shouldn't most people be at work!!!

Pics for viewing pleasure.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not everybody works normal hours and some people are always late. Glad you didn't get run over.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

And you know a lot of words. The best words!

What do you hate about it? Physical discomfort? Emotional discomfort? The shopping and decision-making?

All of the above? Plus more.

I'm not one to squeeze myself into something that's super uncomfortable, so there's some leeway for that, I guess; I'm just not going to get something if it's uncomfortable. (An impossibility with heels, apparently.) But I hate the idea that you have to get all gussied up because people will be looking at you -- I hate it when people are looking at me, always have. At my cousin's wedding a million years ago (I was small enough that I still thought I'd get married one day), I was worried about my own wedding because you have no choice but to be at the center of attention then and the idea of that was horrifying.

And shopping is not one of my favorite pastimes! I prefer to wear casual stuff in the same brands so that I know what size I am and I don't have to go through the hassle of finding something that fits because doing that is likely to make my head explode. We all know how bad I am at decision-making but look what's happening now: I KNOW what I want, I just can't get it.

chasing the impossible

GinnyinPA

I think my husband's only suit is the one he bought for our wedding, 24 years ago. We have an occasional funeral where he wears it, but most of the weddings we've been to in the last few years were pretty informal so mostly it stays in the closet gathering dust. The grandkids are getting old enough to start having weddings soon, but nobody is in a hurry, fortunately.

sdWhiskers

Not at Cyber level of dental problems, but I'm at the dentist and of course they can't do a filling, it must be a crown! I made it 9 days into the year before basically using up my FSA.

sdWhiskers

I was worried about my own wedding because you have no choice but to be at the center of attention then and the idea of that was horrifying.

This.

Kept ours small and informal at the beach which helped a lot. The ceremony lasted like 5 minutes.