Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #9 (Read 36 times)

DavePNW

Not at Cyber level of dental problems, but I'm at the dentist and of course they can't do a filling, it must be a crown! I made it 9 days into the year before basically using up my FSA.

Ugh. Those things cost a fortune. When my wife has needed them, she goes to her sister who is a dentist and only charges lab fees. And her sister is in Las Vegas, but still saves money even with the airfare.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

posted: 1/9/2020 at 1:46 PM

I’m procrastinating as long as possible on my run, because I am afraid at how my knee is going to feel. 

You'd have been done by now, DaveP.

<3

DavePNW

posted: 1/9/2020 at 1:46 PM

You'd have been done by now, DaveP.

Yes but I’d be depressed about my knee pain. It feels fine now! Actually I am getting ready to head out the door as we speak. So we’ll see.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This.

Kept ours small and informal at the beach which helped a lot. The ceremony lasted like 5 minutes.

We were the only people at our wedding, lol. Oh, and the photographer and non-denominational minister. Best thing ever.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

This.

Kept ours small and informal at the beach which helped a lot. The ceremony lasted like 5 minutes.

I think our ceremony was about 10 minutes,  mainly cause included in the package was one song by Elvis.

sdWhiskers

I think our ceremony was about 10 minutes,  mainly cause included in the package was one song by Elvis.

Haha nice!

Runshortii

Cyberic hope the mouth starts feeling better

i slogged through 6. I’m officially off work for 2 weeks, I just have to go in today to do my audits or I’ll have a months worth when I come back from Aruba

KCRuns

I just need more occasions to wear it.

Speaking of... how is the job search going?  Any updates to share?

RunningOnSand

Aruba

Have fun! Do you leave soon?

Dave, how did your run go? And yes, how's the job search?

Cy, how is the mouth feeling now?

I love being in my pajamas (LOVE), but I also like getting dressed up. But it has to feel good (minus the heels--there's always some discomfort with those).

I decided today is a RD.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Smart, or boring and conformist? 

probably all of the above!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I prefer to wear casual stuff in the same brands so that I know what size I am and I don't have to go through the hassle of finding something that fits because doing that is likely to make my head explode

this

DavePNW

6 miles. Knee pain started around 3.5. I’d call it maybe a 5 on the pain scale? Not excruciating, just annoying, and doesn’t feel like it continues to get worse for the rest of the run. Just becomes kind of a dull ache, or maybe I just get used to it. IDK. It mainly comes from the tendon on the outside of the back of the knee. I guess maybe hamstring tendonitis.

Dave

Cyberic

I'm tired but all is going well. Did nothing today. A little pain in the mouth, but that is to be expected. Feeding myself is a little tricky, but I'll survive! 

DavePNW

Speaking of... how is the job search going?  Any updates to share?

No major updates. Things were especially quiet over the holidays when no one was around. I’ve applied online for a bunch of positions, mainly through LinkedIn, which is how a lot of them work these days. But it’s frustrating because you usually can’t talk to a live body. I think resumes get some kind of automated initial screening, looking for keywords. So far I have no feedback on many of the applications, but I have received a couple rejections. They come from a no-reply email address and don’t give you any specifics about what you are lacking. So not especially helpful. Anyway, at least I am seeing some relevant openings, which is somewhat encouraging because it’s a pretty niche field. And I have had some positive discussions with a few live bodies. So I’m not too depressed about things yet.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not everybody works normal hours and some people are always late. Glad you didn't get run over.

This is very true, and some (especially out here) drive as part of their work. It just also seems to be horrible timing, like just as I reach certain roads with awful ditches... a car comes and sometimes from both directions. I see a lot of runners who don't even bother to move over, I take no chances, if a driver hasn't given me a bit of girth by the time they're two car-lengths away, I stop and get off the road (or get off the road and continue to run slowly if the ground allows it).

I think I get really annoyed when I've found a really good pace and everything is feeling great, then BAM! a car starts my way.... lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)