Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins get to have a FE! (Read 41 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

Zelanie

Morning!  I get to start the thread twice in a row?  Where are you guys?  Well, I know what Damaris and Kristin are up to, and WE DEMAND PICS! Smile

I ran my 3 this morning, legs a bit tired, last half mile in a nice cool rain.  Now I need to do my planks.

Gotta get my work done because DD is having a boy over later.  Sheesh.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Zel: Rain? I'd like some of that, please.

As for me, I ran 14 miles at a 8:19 pace. Week 3 of marathon training is in the books.

have a nice Sunday.

Zelanie

2:00 plank done.  Zoe came and dropped her favorite ball on my knees about halfway through.

Jack- Sounds like your LR went really well!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Zel - I'm still stuck at 60 seconds on the planks.  2 minutes is amazing.

Jack - That's a fast 14.  Great job.

AFM - This last week of training went amazingly well, and P3 is recovering well from her shin splints.  She got in 6 yesterday.  So today, I don't really need a lot of miles (1 1/2 or so), and P3 really shouldn't be pushing it quite yet.  So, we are going to go out for a light jog together later with the dog.  It might even turn into a run walk.  Who knows?  Either way, we're going to take it easy and enjoy the great outdoors.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: that sounds like a nice day. Can you read my thread on long run pace? I want your take on that.

SheCan

Morning (almost afternoon here)

Hi Zelanie, Jack and Awood.  Boy everyone is hiding out today.  I'm with Zelanie, demanding pics from the Damaris/kristin FE.  Good thing neither of them are pic shy.

Jack, great job on the fast 14 miler.  You're almost ready for the race now!

Awood enjoy your day out in nature with Pew!

I'm taking a RD, but I've done a 2 minute plank.  Have been enjoying the last few days with DH home.  Though I think today he might make us do yard duty-- something i sorely neglected while he was gone.  Maybe he'll forget...I tried to tell him if he ignores it long enough, it might just go away, but he's not biting.

Enjoy your Sunday all!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Cherie- Good luck avoiding yard work here.  DH was going to mow, but since it's raining he is off the hook for now.

I just realized that today is 1 year that I've successfully maintained my 100-pound weight loss.

SheCan

Cherie- Good luck avoiding yard work here.  DH was going to mow, but since it's raining he is off the hook for now.

I just realized that today is 1 year that I've successfully maintained my 100-pound weight loss.

Congratulations to you, Zelanie!   That's just super amazing.  To me knowing how focused and driven you are, it's hard to imagine that you'd ever let yourself get that out of shape.  I'm glad you finally took charge, and are being such a role model for your DD.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Zel, congrats, that is a big accomplishment. And it is so inspiring.

Jack, nice run!

Awood, take it easy with DW.

Cheri, winter time = no yard work Smile

I did a 2:31 plank on Friday night but I forgot and skipped last night. I  had my alarm set for 5:00 am to go do a 6 mile group run, but at 4:15 am, I woke up and decided not to go. It felt good to sleep in till 8:00, don't get to do that very often. I'll run later this evening after it cools off a little.

hog4life

The FE pic is on FB! Maybe it will be here soon!

GinnyinPA

Cherie - in a way you're right:  if you ignore the yard long enough, everything dies, especially in hot climates.  Our lawn is really patchy this year thanks to the lack of rain.

Zelanie - congratulations on maintaining your weight loss so well.  I've been a yo-yo dieter for a lot of years.  I know how easy it is to gain it back of you're not careful.  I'm up a bit from my lowest weight, but still I've maintained a 45 lb. loss for over two years.  I feel pretty good about that.  This latest setback has been hard, because unlike last time, where I was so depressed I stopped eating, this time I just want to eat sweets and more sweets to make myself feel better.  Even though I know it's a short term solution, I still give in all too often.  (i.e. Sunday lunch was ice cream.)  So, thank you for the good example you set for all of us.

Zelanie

I was focused and driven in other areas of my life.  First, being a mom, then on college and finally work.  I also went through a couple years where I was unable to find a job and was really demoralized.

It took some time to feel comfortable with the idea that I was going to do something for ME, rather than for family or work.  It felt kind of selfish.  But in the end, I probably have more time for both of those, even with running, because I feel better and have more energy.

Ginny- I just about ate my weight in cereal Friday night.  I still have slipups, and there are foods, particularly carby ones, that can slip me up.  But I manage it.  And luckily also run.  I was up a few pounds when I had to take time off for my knee.

Congratulations to you, Zelanie!   That's just super amazing.  To me knowing how focused and driven you are, it's hard to imagine that you'd ever let yourself get that out of shape.  I'm glad you finally took charge, and are being such a role model for your DD.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Did 18 with the last 8 @ MP. Then, gorged myself with food and conversation with Kristin.

Damaris

Zelanie - congratulations, lady! What an accomplishment!  I'll take some rain here, too, please. Real feel of 103. It's HOT.

Cherie - If I ignore the yardwork long enough, it'll snow and I can ignore it even longer! Right? Smile

Damaris and Kristin - Yay for FEs! I hope you both enjoyed your time together.

As for me - today was 45 minutes of aerobics, and I did a 1:45 plank. I'm glad it was not a running day due to the weather. Tomorrow is stretch/strength and I'm hoping it rains and cools off before I run on Tuesday. This heat wave is awful and demotivating.