Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins: You Are all Getting Whipped for Being Lazy (Read 38 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, everybody!!  I had to call my IT guys at 10:00 to fix something, and then something else went wrong, so I worked on that, and then I remembered that we were out of scone mixes, so I spent a lot of money at King Arthur Flour's website.  So that's why I wasn't here until now, woo-hoo!!  No walking today, but yoga tonight.  My knee was a lot better yesterday, I'm not sure why, but it was significantly less crunchy.  I'm hoping that's a step (ha ha) in the right direction!

Docket -- woo-hoo for starting us off!!  And enjoy your 6 and weights!!

D2 -- enjoy your miles and Docket's whip!!

Zelanie -- have a good walk!!

Bin -- I'm not sure 8 miles counts as slacking!

Ginny -- woo-hoo for lovely runs!!

JDrumm -- pre-run burrito, blech!  That would spell trouble for me!

B-plus, welcome!!

She -- woo-hoo for DH coming home!!

Jack -- glad your taper is nearly done!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Hey penguins

Zel, hope the knee behaves.

I did 2.3 miles last night and just ran a short 1.75 on trails in my neighborhood.  Tried to beat the heavy rain! Just barely Made it.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Mmmmm...beer

Zel, I am, I've made myself slow down on my last few runs, and will cut some mileage off of my runs on Thurs & Fri.

Jeff, I am, but  not officially yet.  I'm starting a Pfitz 18/70 plan in about a week and a half (on the 6th) for a Sept 8th full marathon.  Gonna see if I can BQ and run Boston next year.

Jack, not yet, as I mentioned above, not officially starting until the 6th.  Just felt good last night, so I threw in a couple of extra loops, but made sure to try to keep the pace easy for my 5k "taper". Smile

HM, I'll try! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Damaris.....

Spank me I\'ve been a bad boy - Stewie - Family Guy T-shirt

Congrats on your miles, Dave, and good luck with the miles tonite.

Happy walking, Zelanie; hope you can start running again soon!

8 miles does not sound like slacking to me, Bin.

Your weather sounds nice, Ginny.  Enjoy your miles today.

burrito as pre-run food, that sounds very sensible, Jeff. Joking

I had to cut things short because I needed to take a dumpasaurus Rex.  Well, gee, B Plus, that's the OTHER reason your shorts have a lining...so you can just keep GOING.....  Wink

Seems he finished the job, and wanted to get right back to me!  Smart man, SheCan.  A guy should always keep the lady  in his life happy.   Which then helps keep the guy's life so much easier!  Joking    Well, SheCan, both of you come back next year for Fiesta, stay all 10 days and do all 3 Fiesta races.

Docket: Miles, weights, work... How do you get the time?  Jack, she never sleeps.  After all, she IS Ultra Woman! Big grin    Good luck to your DD at her track meet.  Enjoy your miles today!

Glad your knee is feeling better, HsM. Have fun with yoga tonite!

Congrats on your miles, Traci.  I wish we had some heavy rain, this drought has been going on for so long in our area now, there ain't even any 'lick' anymore in cowlicks around here.

AFM:  Ran this morning again.  Out at 6:15 a.m. at the university campus.  Weather around here is CRAZY.  Yesterday a high of 81.  Today a high of only 59.   For my run/walk it was a cool 42 degrees with a 25-mph wind blowing, sheesh!  I opted to wear a long-sleeved shirt, lol, cuz that is COLD for we South Texans.  I still did pretty well, even with the wind, 3.3 miles in 33:48, averaging under 11 minutes per mile.   Tomorrow our temp is heading back up toward normal.  That nutty Mother Nature!

For all those in the midwest areas, who may be dealing with all that flooding, hope y'all are safe and dry!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

Lol Scotty. I don't want to be the subject of another famous Internet poop picture!

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Hey all...first time posting in the dailies.  Ran about 1.5 yesterday.  Had been averaging about 30mpw the past couple of weeks, but the same ankle issue that sidelined me the first 6 weeks of the year (stress rxn on left medial malleous) is rearing its ugly head again.  Good news is I really think I found the kink in my stride that's been causing me to run a little lopsided and putting extra stress on that part of the body.

Going out for Run for Boston event tonight at 6:30.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh.  Now I cannot get it out of my mind!

Lol Scotty. I don't want to be the subject of another famous Internet poop picture!

Damaris

tracilynn

I know!  That poor guy!

Dumpasaurus rex LOL. my 4 year old likes dinosaurs and will appreciate this.  Now instead of yelling out in the grocery store, " I HAVE TO POOP," I will teach him to say this Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ugh.  Now I cannot get it out of my mind!

No problem, Damaris..after all you are a lawyer.  Attorneys usually have a lot of sh*t in their minds, right?  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am lazy!!! I called too late yesterday to get on the list for spin class this morning so I slept in instead!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

Damaris.....

Spank me I\'ve been a bad boy - Stewie - Family Guy T-shirt

Seems he finished the job, and wanted to get right back to me!  Smart man, SheCan.  A guy should always keep the lady  in his life happy.   Which then helps keep the guy's life so much easier!  Joking    Well, SheCan, both of you come back next year for Fiesta, stay all 10 days and do all 3 Fiesta races.\

LOVE that picture!

Scotty-- My hubby is a total sweetheart indeed!  Hopefully by next year, we will be well onto our plan to be independently wealthy, and will make it out the the Fiesta races--- wait did I tell you we've been on this one year plan for 30 years now?

Coralie-- you asked yesterday why i wasn't running.  I'm not really injured, it just seems my body is just tired and refusing to do many runs this week.  I know when it gets like this, that it's not a good idea to push through.  Though I do wish, wish, wish I were Damaris and could run a marathon every couple of weeks and be fine.

I did manage to get in a little over 2-1/2 miles.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

I didn't have a change to read all the posts yet, hopefully after dinner, but I had my first run since my half today! I did 3 miles after work, and the legs didn't feel too bad! Definitely tired, but not sore anymore!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Just took a look at my miles for the month, and the miles I have left.  Even with a week of hardly any miles I'm on pace for a mileage PR this month.  That actually caught me off guard.  It looks like I might hit 170 miles this month.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Hey all, late check in for me, had a bunch a errands this morning so took a RD. Tomorrow should be nice afte the rain blows on out of here.

Who has an iPhone? And is a FB guru? I used to be able to click on the bottom R hand side of a post, and it would let me see/read all the comments that were made, but suddenly, when I click the little message thing, nothing happens. If it's a post with a pic, then I can see comments. I am however able to click the word "comment" on the L side of post, then it will let me type in my own comment. I think that somehow I must have inadvertently locked myself out. I've tried going to the settings, but can't figure this out. Is it my FB settings? Or my phone settings?

Kristi, see? I knew it would help. Keep the miles easy for another few days up to a week.

tracilynn

Mitch, creck to see if you need to update your FB app. They are always fixing bugs.

~~~~~~~

Traci