Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #15 (Read 31 times)

LRB

+1! 

My ass has been killing me ever since I posted that it wasn't. 

DavePNW

Seems to be an annual thing. Let's get it out of the way now then start the buildup. 👍

Yeah, maybe more frequent than that. But severity of this one is not as bad as some. And like I said, does not seem to impact running much other than making for a rough warmup. So I’m not going to complain too much. Well maybe I will, but feel free to ignore me.

Dave

LRB

Yeah, maybe more frequent than that. But severity of this one is not as bad as some. And like I said, does not seem to impact running much other than making for a rough warmup. So I’m not going to complain too much. Well maybe I will, but feel free to ignore me.

If you can't complain here we're all doomed to hell!

sdWhiskers

5.2 miles intending to keep HR < 140 but second half was into the wind damn it so that didn't quite happen. Still easy.

Lots of desks here that are sit/stand but I only ever see a few people use them regularly. To be fair, lots of us work in the lab so are walking around quite a bit. I haven't measured in a while (I do not wear my garmin as a regular watch) but I've definitely clocked 3 miles walking around during a work day before.

sdWhiskers

sdW, Rocket - Good luck on the IT issues.  One of our screens here is displaying an error because it runs Windows 7 which apparently is not supported as of yesterday.  The error message suggests upgrading to Windows 10...

Yeah, exactly why IT here was pushing for the upgrade these past few weeks. Windows 10 itself seems not too annoying. My frustration is getting all my programs usable again because just re-installing them is not working.

I used to think SharePoint was the worst but I think OneDrive is catching up fast.

+1! 

Mine is getting better...frequency and severity has greatly decline since I did pt for the deep fascia & adhesions and me working in running tilt.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Mine is getting better...frequency and severity has greatly decline since I did pt for the deep fascia & adhesions and me working in running tilt.

I'm not sure what helped my issue the most: no running for a month, some strength exercises, some PT (massage, sound wave gun, foam rolling)...tend to think the no running was the biggest thing but clearly the most difficult. I have found, over the last few weeks, that reducing my attempts at stretching seems to be helping quite a bit.  Maybe at the cost of LT flexibility? But, will worry about that later, hopefully, post-Boston!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So during the HM, PR had a 6.0 earthquake. Bunch of little earthquakes (5 or less) and now a 5.2. Can it stop? TYVM.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

We are going to be near 80 in San Antonio today.  Crazy South Texas weather. Last weekend we were in the chilly low 40s.  People around here are walking around with sniffles, coughs, etc....this back-and-forth weather about every 2-3 days has got lots of peoples'  systems all discombobulated.

Rest day for me today, back at running tomorrow.

Still trying to find a blood pressure med that works for me without a lot of side effects.  Good luck with that, right?  My doc gave me Lisinopril and then Norvasc...the side effects were awful!   Those are some nasty drugs.

Thinking about saying heck with it and going all natural - beet juice.  I hear it works pretty well for BP - and although I do have some BP issues, mine is not significantly high like some people have, so maybe the beet juice will work for me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

We are going to be near 80 in San Antonio today.  Crazy South Texas weather. Last weekend we were in the chilly low 40s. 

Let's get back into those 40's for this weekend, okay? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Let's get back into those 40's for this weekend, okay? 

Don't worry. San Antonio weather is way crazier than Houston's. lol.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Hey peeps! I did strength this morning, then ran 5 later this morning. I somehow managed to lose my Stryd's charger, so I ordered one and am hoping the thing doesn't die before I receive it.

LRB

Hey peeps! I did strength this morning, then ran 5 later this morning. I somehow managed to lose my Stryd's charger, so I ordered one and am hoping the thing doesn't die before I receive it.

Mine went 4 weeks on a single charge. Think I ran all but 3 days during that period.

DavePNW

10 miles that felt like a lot of work.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Mine went 4 weeks on a single charge. Think I ran all but 3 days during that period.

Oh nice! It lasts a lot longer than it warns, then.