Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Saturdailies (Read 52 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice deck, DaveP!  I'd get 'seasick' in that hammock, though. Sorry you had to ditch your run, hope your leg gets better soon!  Umm, can you really mow with a bum leg?  Nice excuse - er REASON - not to mow.

Step, wishing your neighbor all the best!  Cancer sucks!

Congrats on the miles and hills, Phil!

Good luck with Hubby Run, Damaris!

Hope your conference keeps you interested, Zelanie, to help make the day go by fast.  Good luck with your miles later and hope it is cooler for you.

Hope your race went well jjs22!

Your dog is going through rehab, Marjorie?  At least the pool will hopefully keep him cool in this weather.

Congrats on your run, Andrew!  ND?  Is that a state?  Or part of Canada? Wink  61 degrees, must be nice.   Toilets..now there's  a weird  piece of equipment..you don't want it to be "running" all the time...but when it works well, then it's "running" pretty good. Joking

Way to get out there and run with your boyfriend's doggie, Kristin.  I bet the dog appreciated it.  Does the dog only get to run when you come visit?  If so, I bet he loves it when you show up!

B-Plus, I would love a high of only 80 degrees around here!  It was already 80 at 7:30 a.m. when I started my run.

Well, Beachrunner, for motivation, if you don't get out there and go, I could always threaten to send you the Bare Buns 5K photo  ....it ain't pretty!  Hopefully your run is already done by now., so no need.

Congrats on the 20, April!  After 20 miles, you should rest, and your hubby should do the cleaning!  Big grin  Gail won't let me do any of the 'indoor stuff'" though....one lousy mistake - putting regular dish-soap into the dishwasher - and so what if our beagle was going 'happy crazy"  jumping up-and-down through soap bubbles all over the house like Odie in "Garfield",  she seemed to enjoy it and in the end we got it all fixed - but one lousy mistake and she doesn't trust me anymore with the household chores.....guess I just have to live with that... Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the 12, SIAR!

6 miles in pea soup does not sound good, Oski. But at least it's better than doing it in pee soup. Good luck with all that standing water and the mosquitoes!   Careful of West Nile Virus.

That sounds like one wet run, Bruce!  Way to get it done.

Nice to have a splash fountain available, Hobbit!  After a Riverwalk run, we San Antonio runners have this 'rain-showers" thingy we can stand under...take off our shoes, socks, and shirts, and nice cool water 'raining' on you, very refreshing after a warm weather run!

Between night shifts, that must throw your body clock off, Tom, for a run.

Nice photo, LRB.  lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Scotty, you're hysterical. I really love having you around. Happy Anniversary. Smile

B-Plus

Scotty, you're hysterical. I really love having you around. Happy Anniversary. Smile

I must have missed that with my one-eye open skimming of the dailies earlier this morning. Happy anniversary Scotty and Gail.

LRB

LRB - That is quite the blowup on the mile. It must have really sucked. But way to somewhat redeem yourself on the last couple of 800s.

I just didn't care anymore.  This about sums it up.

SIAR, next time I won't drink a six pack the night before I try it.  ; )

MrNamtor

Fail. Run aborted.

Ugh, I guess I need to give it some more time. Cry

ETA: on a higher note, dinner at CPK last night, tried the Jamaican Jerk Pizza. Yum! Now I just need to figure out how to burn that off....

sorry to here about the leg bro. I have one good leg myself. Maybe you and me could do a 3 legged race and kill it. We can have zelanie or lily relieve us along the course if necessary.

Btw there's an old saying "Where there's Jamaican Jerk Pizza, there's hope. And there's always Jamaican Jerk Pizza". Well, honestly the saying is not old and it's actually about cake, not Jamaican Jerk Pizza, but i think it still applies.

MrNamtor

That's the opposite of dragging ass, right?

lol I've seen that pic somewhere before!

outoftheblue

I would say this is an ass lift.  Very popular in Beverly Hills I hear.

Yesterday, I drove over to the coast to attend a family reunion and see my grandparents who are 100 and 97 years old.  It was a lot of fun.   I can't believe my grandparents are doing so well this late in life.  They are a pleasure and inspiration to be around.

After the reunion, I stayed over by the coast last night and got in 10.7 beautiful, ocean-front miles this morning.  Just about everyone was out running, bicycling, walking or surfing.  Kids and dogs everywhere.   Now I have to pack up and head back inland into the furnace blast  -- 105 plus temps slated for the next several days.  I think the treadmill is in my future.

Life is good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty Hammy had major back surgery over a year and a half ago. He has been going to the pool about once a week. It allows him to exercise etc. It isn't all rehab now. But still great or him. So we take him to give him time to exercise and have a great time. He swims for 30 min with his own little doggie life jacket and works on keeping his legs strong.(one of the owners get in with him and helps him swim his laps)  Occasionally they will let him fetch a ball.  Before the surgery he'd totally lost the use of his back legs. Lucky we have a super neurologist vet in Charleston so he was in good hands. I did his initial puppy therapy and then found the pool. Most can't tell he had any issues now  He has come a long way.

Marjorie

Dr. Cornsitter

Well, Beachrunner, for motivation, if you don't get out there and go, I could always threaten to send you the Bare Buns 5K photo  ....it ain't pretty!  Hopefully your run is already done by now., so no need.

Scotty, you're hilarious! And just the kick I needed! Thanks for PMing me that pic ;-)

Five very slow, hot, sweaty miles. But miles nonetheless!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

LRB

Yesterday, I drove over to the coast to attend a family reunion and see my grandparents who are 100 and 97 years old.  It was a lot of fun.   I can't believe my grandparents are doing so well this late in life.  They are a pleasure and inspiration to be around.

Wow, and you run with your mom.  Thems some good ass genes running through your fam!  Congrats on the drop in your easy pace too by the way, that's huge.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

I'm still alive, and still running, just been busy.  7 very soggy miles done today, crazy humidity/dew point, I was sweating buckets!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

DavePNW

April, congrats on the 20-miler, what a huge milestone!

Everyone else, great runs in mostly uncomfortable conditions.

Scotty, Happy Anniversary!

SIAR, thanks for the tip on Western States. That race has always been a mind-boggling accomplishment, and has to be even more brutal than usual with the temps out there right now. I just hope there are no serious issues.

I did mow the bog today, the flood waters had pretty much receded. Either that or it was low tide at the time.

Thanks for everyone's medical advice, I guess I will try to get an appointment. Stay tuned for a post like Lily's at some point down the road, asking for opinions on whether I should still run Detroit on insufficient training. I don't have nearly the training base she does to fall back on. Hopefully I am just over-reacting to this thing & it will turn out to be not too bad.

Dave

Ric-G

+1

Good luck Dave.

Had the yard sale this morning and it was already hot...then went and did whopping two miles and came back and jumped in the glorified Kid pool to cool off. Dont normally run at noonish. Stay cool everyone. ( man I hate typing on iPads)

April, congrats on the 20-miler, what a huge milestone!

Everyone else, great runs in mostly uncomfortable conditions.

Scotty, Happy Anniversary!

SIAR, thanks for the tip on Western States. That race has always been a mind-boggling accomplishment, and has to be even more brutal than usual with the temps out there right now. I just hope there are no serious issues.

marathon pr - 3:16

Rondog65

Training has been down for the month and especially this week as i have been busy with work.  Got 4.6 miles done in the soggy rain.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)