Beginners and Beyond

September eve SaturDAILIES: Go out with a... (Read 39 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Friday: 6 miles [6x1 mile w/200m recovery] 55:23 - 9:14 avg. pace - recovery. I passed the test. Since the run was susccessful yesterday I'll try to repeat something similar his morning. Rain and thunder at the moment but hopefully clears out in a few hours. Good luck to LTH who's running in the Charleston Distance Run this morning! Fingers crossed this weather doesn't reach you before you finish. RWOL Beginners Forum fantasy football draft is this afternoon.  I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend! Safe travels.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You beat me to it LRB!

I'm up early to meet the group for their 14 miles this morning, which I guess makes them my 14 miles too.

This run will give me 404.4 miles for August.  I think outside of my last marathon, this may be the running accomplishment I'm most proud of.  As an injury prone runner, I never thought I could handle this kind of mileage.  But I've been smart about building up, and did the mileage within the context of my training.  There were definitely some days I didn't want to run, but with today's run bringing my streak to 106 days, I've proved to myself that I'm willing to put the work in to see the results I want.  Feels good!

Who knows, maybe one day it will be a 500 mile month?

Hope you guys have some great runs.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning runners! Friday: 6 miles [6x1 mile w/200m recovery] 55:23 - 9:14 avg. pace - recovery. I passed the test. Since the run was susccessful yesterday I'll try to repeat something similar his morning. Rain and thunder at the moment but hopefully clears out in a few hours. Good luck to LTH who's running in the Charleston Distance Run this morning! Fingers crossed this weather doesn't reach you before you finish. RWOL Beginners Forum fantasy football draft is this afternoon.  I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend! Safe travels.

Glad you're back to getting your runs in and seemingly not feeling too many ill-effects.  200s are a tough recovery for mile repeats - guessing that last one or two hurt a little!  I've been hearing some rumblings outside here (OH) as well, but I'm thinking I'll stay dry for the run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

My parents are here, and my dad gets up at 4:30.  Which means the dogs get up at 4:30.  Which mean Oski was up at 4:30.  Embarrassed

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Needless to say, I am not a morning person.

Three hour drive up to NY today, getting all the half IM stuff in order - bike check in, packet pickup, etc. etc.   The weather looks like it will suck this weekend for Mr. Oski's race.    But you can't control that so it is what it is!   See ya on Monday!

MothAudio

Glad you're back to getting your runs in and seemingly not feeling too many ill-effects.  200s are a tough recovery for mile repeats - guessing that last one or two hurt a little!  I've been hearing some rumblings outside here (OH) as well, but I'm thinking I'll stay dry for the run.

Hah! I'm not that slow! 9:14 is my recovery pace! I only used the [untimed] walk breaks due to my recent event. Nice work on the mileage this month! I don't believe I ever recorded a 500 mile month.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

delicate flower

Three hour drive up to NY today, getting all the half IM stuff in order - bike check in, packet pickup, etc. etc.   The weather looks like it will suck this weekend for Mr. Oski's race.    But you can't control that so it is what it is!   See ya on Monday!

Good luck!  I hope the weather cooperates.

'Morning!  Rest day for me.  The extra sleep this morning felt sooooo good.  Headed up to Maine today for a family gathering.  It was supposed to be a beach day, but it ain't beach weather, so that means we'll probably shop and I've got no problem with that!  Big grin

<--- clothes hoar

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies, and happy Saturday!

Mike, glad to see that you're out there getting 'er done! I'll be up in your state next weekend, Cleveland to be exact, to participate in this year's first half (for me).

SIAR - I guess one has to get up early to get the kind of mileage you're getting. 404 for August, well done!

Good luck to Mr. Oski in his race!

LRB, I do NOT recommend being shot out of a cannon! But if you choose to do so, please let me hold your beer!

Phil - enjoy the rest!

10 on tap today after I get the coffee down and digested. It's my last long run before the half, so I've made it a little less long than the last 3 weeks. I'm going to try to push out HM pace the middle 6 miles or so, just like last year.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MothAudio

5 miles 5x1 mile w/100m recovery 46:52 - 9:21 avg. pace - recovery. Felt great but decided to maintain the short recovery walk intervals. A.M. /

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.4. Nice run in the fog at 5 am. Puppy pool today. We stopped at Paneras on the way to the pool so Hammy could get the girls breakfast. He is such a nice dog.....

340 miles for the month

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  9 miles tonight.

Brad finished the Distance Run and his time was pretty.  Not sure what his goal was but I cannot wait to read the RR.

I will not post my mileage until I finished my last run but it is already a PB and by a lot.

Damaris

hog4life

Moth, so glad to see you back out there.

SIAR, 400? Holy smokes, congrats. I'll be happy to get back to the 150 range and was hoping that someday I will reach the 200/month milestone.

I posted an update on my colonoscopy and CT scan over in the Penguin thread and on FB. I'll try to copy/paste it here later when I get to the computer.

Mitch

Zelanie

Morning!  I've got to go to my WW meeting, and then I will run 10.  It's supposed to be hot, so I will need to head out pretty quickly when I get back (11:30ish).

LRB- Have a great day!

Moth- Thanks for the clarification.  I saw the intervals and the word "recovery" but couldn't figure out how to fit the two together.  I thought maybe you posted the pace of your recovery intervals but not the fast miles!

SIAR- Congrats on 400 miles!  Impressive!  I'm hoping to see 200 by the end of the year, but it may be early next year instead.

Oski- Have a good weekend!

Phil- Enjoy the shopping!

Tom- Enjoy the 10!

D- Congrats on the mileage!

Mitch- Take care

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

18 Mile LR done @ 9:11 avg pace. It put me at 228.9 miles for August. Far and away my highest mileage.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew