Beginners and Beyond

Good luck! Who is racing MLK weekend 2013? (Read 74 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I'll be running a 1 mile and 3 mile race Saturday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

I'm running a HM on Saturday in Auburn, AL.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

flarunner

I'm running a HM on Sunday in St. Pete Beach, FL

Little Blue

I'll be at the Charleston, SC HM with Lanie811.  We've both had lackluster training, so it'll be a run/walk event, and a fun girl's weekend away.

I'll be running he Viking Winter Dash 5K Trail Run on Saturday in Muncie, IN. They tell me it's, "The best trail run you've ever pillaged!". We'll just see about that....

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Race #6 for me for the year.  Doing this one:

Do this one every year, as it supports the military community.  After the race, there is a really nice party inside the Bluebonnet Palace, a local area bar-and-grill, events location, etc.   Good food, beer, live music, beer, door prizes raffle, beer....

5K starts at 9 a.m. and the temperature will be a pleasant 45 degrees, with sunshine and blue skies.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

@runjerseygirl

OMG, that picture made me laugh so hard!  I hope no one racing this weekend ends up like that guy.  But if you do, please make sure it's in front of a camera.  And that you post it here.  LMAO!

Really though, good luck to everyone. Smile

Do you even run?

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I'm doing the Frosty 5K on Saturday!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Jess runs for bacon

Nothing for me, but good luck to all the racers!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always do the same 10K every year and it's always in the 50s.  This year, the high is 79F.  I think I can do without another 10K.  Yes, siree.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damaris

None for me, but good luck to all the racers.  And I agree that picture is hilarious.

SheCan

Hehehe@the pic.  Looks like me!  Hopefully I'll race tomorrow.  It's a last minute decision thing.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

monkkey

10 Mile Run to the Brewery at Blue Point Brewery on Long Island tomorrow.

(my favorite beer!)

Happy racing everyone!