Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Often Imitated, Never Duplicated (Read 246 times)

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here). ~B~
      Where's Rick? I need a pick-me-up! I'll be at the gym in two hours for weights and cardio.
      Jeepofspades

Morning!

3 miles on TM last night, Hoping for a 4.5 outside run tonight depending on weather and road conditions. 

Weezer88

Big grin  Morning Jeep!  Morning Basya!

Taking another SRD as I tweaked something in my ankle this weekend and I don't want to aggravate it.

Have a GREAT Tuesday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Well I am in week 4 of my non-running 5K 2 couch program and the results are beginning to show! I no longer instinctively get up at 4am to run, instead I am now oversleeping. Also, even though I have not stepped on a scale , I can tell I am developing a nice thick layer of " winter skin". 

Yesterday I didn't make it to the gym because I had an unscheduled meeting with the high school seniors in the youth group to talk about their commitment to leadership in the group. So today will be a gym day.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

@runjerseygirl

Another 3 for me today during lunch.  I'm going to have to change up my routine a bit.  I'm starting to get bored.  I just don't know if I can get up any earlier than I already do.

Do you even run?

Luke79

You can't run after work?  I actually prefer that, great way to unwind and clear your head.

Luke79

Easy bike ride after work today.  Hope everyone has a good day.

@runjerseygirl

You can't run after work?  I actually prefer that, great way to unwind and clear your head.

I might be able to.  I guess I never really considered it since the last time the husband and I fought about it.  I always try to run while he isn't around, or is sleeping.

Do you even run?

Shakedown Street

6 or 7 on the dreadmill, lotsa stretching (today is my long stretch day) and some core work.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5-8 miles tonight.  My cat was lost but now she was found.  Late last night, so we're all exhausted and waiting for LRB to bring his coffee.

Luke, that is why I run at night (partly).  I prefer it than the morning.  It's my little destressing ritual.

Damaris

delicate flower

Tuesday Tuesday TOOOOOS-DAY!  Tuesday Tuesday TOOOOOS-DAY!  10 miles of speedwork on the treadmill last night, and my legs came ready to party.  1/4 mile intervals, alternating between fast and recovery.  Every speed interval was faster than 5K speed (sub-6:40).  I also had a few sub-6:00 intervals for good measure.  7:39 total average pace.  Rockinroll.  8 easy miles planned after work today.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tuesday Tuesday TOOOOOS-DAY!  Tuesday Tuesday TOOOOOS-DAY!  10 miles of speedwork on the treadmill last night, and my legs came ready to party.  1/4 mile intervals, alternating between fast and recovery.  Every speed interval was faster than 5K speed (sub-6:40).  I also had a few sub-6:00 intervals for good measure.  7:39 total average pace.  Rockinroll.  8 easy miles planned after work today.

You sound like you already had your coffee! Joking

Damaris

Ball of Fury

Got in 5 miles @ 9:05/mile this morning...would have liked to do a couple more but I had to be at work by 6:30 so that all I could squeeze in!  Felt pretty good this morning, no pain with the ITB, just some general tightness in the right leg.  Have a great day everyone!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

runmomto3boys

David: Oh phooey.  I hope it's nothing too serious w/the ankle.  I don't remember you taking time off for an injury ever.

Basya: Good morning!

Jeep: I hope the TM miles go well today!

Gustav: Awwww, man: 5K to couch did make me chuckle though.  I'm sorry.  This just stinks.

Kay: Have a great lil lunchtime run.

Luke: Enjoy the ride!

Jneilt: I hope that TM run goes well!

Docket: I'm glad you found your cat.  Have a nice run tonight.

Phil: Blistering fast 1/4 mile intervals last night - well done!!!!

Day 2 of marathon training is underway.  I thought I'd have to take last night off b/c my kiddo had a Christmas concert, but I was able to get 6 miles in late.  I'm happy b/c it's a lot easier to get the miles in when I have 7 days to work with versus 6.  Today, the schedule has me doing 9 miles including a 4 mile tempo, but I am going to pad it with an extra easy mile or two.