Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #28 (Read 30 times)

onemile

It helps that you can use a HM! (My marathon was actually fast enough, but I'm using a HM because it was an NYRR race and that's just simpler.)

yeah I have had a HM time qualifier for awhile but only just hit the marathon time!

Cyberic

It helps that you can use a HM! (My marathon was actually fast enough, but I'm using a HM because it was an NYRR race and that's just simpler.)

It does. I made it by HM time before I managed to do it by marathon time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just need to knock off 2 hours. NBD

Right? Easy peasy.

Well, I hope that with the 7.3 magnitude earthquake that happened near Jamaica and Cuba PR can stop trembling now.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

yeah I have had a HM time qualifier for awhile but only just hit the marathon time!

I'm roughly four minutes below the HM, six below the marathon. Seems pretty equal, I guess?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I'm roughly four minutes below the HM, six below the marathon. Seems pretty equal, I guess?

I think the issue is that most people can't achieve an "equal" performance across those two distances.

Baboon

delicate flower

Where has LRB been??? Did he went on vacation without clearing it with us?

It's been a day and a half.  Let the man live his life!

<3

onemile

he may very well be dying. He did catch the man flu.

bluerun

Super B****

I think the issue is that most people can't achieve an "equal" performance across those two distances.

Never mind, I am really bad at math and negated my own point

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Blue!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

DavePNW

Wait - there’s something else to life besides this? 

10 miles.

Dave

DavePNW

It does. I made it by HM time before I managed to do it by marathon time.

I came nowhere remotely close to NYCMQ till aging up for the 2020 race. But HM qual was still easier - did it in all 3 I ran last year. Then in December I made it in the marathon too, which was much more satisfying. None of it really matters since I’m not running it, but still happy to get it. 

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi all.  Did a couple more races these past two weekends.  Have now got 5 races done for 2020.  In the back of my mind, thinking about shooting for 80 races this year - mostly 5Ks.   Last year was kind of a bust, what with the pacemaker surgery and having to take a couple of months off, so only got in 67 races.  I might be a bit short this year too. My PSA is a bit high so my hospital folks are doing all these tests to rule out prostate cancer - hopefully rule it out - and I will probably have the biopsy done next month.  Not too worried about it, I feel pretty good and am running okay - not as fast as i was pre-pacemaker, but slowly starting to get some speed back - speed for me anyway, lol; finally got under an 11-minute mile this past weekend on a training run. Mostly though I am in the 11:15 - 12:15 minutes per mile range.  Kind of annoying from where I was before, but I try to stay positive and tell myself, hey, may be slower, but at least I still CAN be out here to run, whatever the pace.

Sunday, I went to the military gym after it was closed - I have a 24-hour access card.  It was so nice.  Hardly anyone in the gym, very quiet, no lines for equipment, plenty of lockers available, and the shower water was nice and hot right away.  I ended up doing a 3.4 mile run around Fort Sam and through the housing area, where several of my doggie friends were out in their yards - it was around 71 degrees here in San Antonio, when I started running a little after 5 pm, very nice for January - and they all started their barking cheers, lol, as I headed toward them, cuz they know I carry treats with me.  Nice, fun run, very enjoyable.  After I got back to the gym I did a short upper body weight training circuit; very nice too, so uncrowded, no waiting at all for any of the machines.  I think I will do that 'after-hours' thing more at the gym, it was very pleasant.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

sdWhiskers

I came nowhere remotely close to NYCMQ till aging up for the 2020 race. But HM qual was still easier - did it in all 3 I ran last year. Then in December I made it in the marathon too, which was much more satisfying. None of it really matters since I’m not running it, but still happy to get it. 

I have the NYCMQ in the HM...if I was a 60 year old woman    (I'm 38)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Vet called with an opening for Rubio today after work so heading there after finishing today.

Damaris