Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #28 (Read 30 times)

onemile

Not related to this post, but I just ordered Hudson's Run Faster from the 5K to the marathon.

Do you mean Hal Higdon?

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently it's been upgraded to 7.7

Ouch.

Damaris

onemile

That was a joke. I have the book.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rubio has something of concern in the kidney alright. They don't know if the kidney is inflamed due to an infection (we will know tomorrow) or a mass. It's pushing on his intestines which might explain why he was crying a bit yesterday and has lost weight due to not eating much. Just fed him 1/3 can of the critical care food and he ate pretty good. They gave him a pain injection so hoping that helps him today.

We will know more tomorrow. 

Damaris

DavePNW

Do you mean Hal Higdon?

lolz

Dave

Cyberic

I did get the joke Smile  I don't know who Hal Higdon is, but his reputation is not as good (from what I read here) as Hudson, Hansons, Pfitz, Daniels, .... Pretty much everybody writing a book has a better rep than Higdon.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I did get the joke Smile  I don't know who Hal Higdon is, but his reputation is not as good (from what I read here) as Hudson, Hansons, Pfitz, Daniels, .... Pretty much everybody writing a book has a better rep than Higdon.

I think it all depends on the audience. Higdon's plans are geared towards beginners and folks who have a goal of finishing a particular race. They tend to be heavy on the long run for halfs and fulls. But, I think for the casual runner, the plans are far less intimidating than all the other ones you mention. With the exception of some of the marathon plans, most require little more than an hour during the work week. So yea, the really serious runners turn their nose down at the plans, but I think the plans do serve a purpose.

Cyberic

I just checked my log for the last time I ran less than 250K (155 miles) in one month, and it was in February 2014.

DavePNW

I think it all depends on the audience. Higdon's plans are geared towards beginners and folks who have a goal of finishing a particular race. They tend to be heavy on the long run for halfs and fulls. But, I think for the casual runner, the plans are far less intimidating than all the other ones you mention. With the exception of some of the marathon plans, most require little more than an hour during the work week. So yea, the really serious runners turn their nose down at the plans, but I think the plans do serve a purpose.

I recommend Higdon to anyone starting out.

Dave

DavePNW

I just checked my log for the last time I ran less than 250K (155 miles) in one month, and it was in February 2014.

That is a pretty amazing testament to your resistance to injuries. Knock wood.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I recommend Higdon to anyone starting out.

Me too. I feel like his plans are approachable if you have never done any sort of training plan.

DavePNW

Me too. I feel like his plans are approachable if you have never done any sort of training plan.

Yep. Plus free online.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I figured it was, but you never do know 😝

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

D - I hope Rubio is treatable. Good luck.

Scotty - good luck with your biopsy. I hope it doesn't interfere with your racing. Do you still have the all access Y pass?

I did 10 on the TM with 8 x .25 uphill at 10k and .25 downhill at HM pace. It was hard.