Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILY Penguins Scream for Ice Cream (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Vanilla Ice Cream Cream Day !!!!

and, of course its...

http://youtu.be/kWBhP0EQ1lA

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning Jerry.  I slept in today, and plan on running this evening.   Hopefully that doesn't blow up in my face Smile

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Getting my allergy shot and theN off to work.  5 miles tonight.

Damaris

Bin Running

Jerry, thanks for starting. I love vanilla ice cream.

Awood, good luck with that evening run.

6M easy done.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Damaris, enjoy the 5 later.

Ok, question what's everyone take on father and son wearing similar tee. DS love Hulk and I am thinking of buying us a tee each. In slightly different design.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy July 24th!   Today is "National Tequila Day" and "National Drive-Thru Day"

drive-thru cartoons, drive-thru cartoon, drive-thru picture, drive-thru pictures, drive-thru image, drive-thru images, drive-thru illustration, drive-thru illustrations

drive-thru cartoons, drive-thru cartoon, drive-thru picture, drive-thru pictures, drive-thru image, drive-thru images, drive-thru illustration, drive-thru illustrations

tequila cartoons, tequila cartoon, tequila picture, tequila pictures, tequila image, tequila images, tequila illustration, tequila illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

How is the hip, Jerry.  Next run/walk, get some vanilla ice cream afterwards, and you can eat and "ice' at the same time. Joking

Good luck with the 5, Damaris!

Hope the weather behaves for you, Awood!

Way to go on the 6, Bin, and hope your air is still clear.  Hey, life is short, have fun with your son, and if matching tees do it, then go for it!

How do you make the text larger on this site, when reading/posting? My old eyes can hardly see this small print stuff!  Oh..never mind..I figured it out.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

We are home and it's back to the routine: I'm off to take DD to XC practice and younger DD to swim. We can't even sleep in. I'm going to get a run in while the XC team trains. I hope to be back for personals later. I put up a RR on my HM in Montana.

Zelanie

Good morning!  Last night, I was just about to go out for my run when I heard that my SIL was out celebrating her US citizenship, which she got yesterday.  So rather than feeling like running was keeping me from participating in family events, I ran to where they were, hung out a bit, then ran home, for just over 7 total.  I was thinking about getting a beer while I was there, but wasn't sure how the run home would go.

Today should be a RD, but DH really wants to go out tomorrow, so I will run 4-6 today.  Hopefully the legs can wait one more day for their rest.

Jerry- Mmm, sounds like my kind of holiday!

Awood- Hope the evening run goes well!

D- Hope you're feeling well after your allergy shot!

Bin- I think the shirt idea sounds very cute!

Scotty- Thank for the comics!  Are you resting today?

Jack- Welcome back!  I am headed out the door in a few, but I look forward to reading your RR later!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I had to start off my work day cleaning files off my computer -- I had a whopping 3 GB free space, and things were running SLOWLY!  I moved some databases to my 1TB external drive, but the biggest database is too big to move there.  Why a 1TB drive can't accept a 13 GB file, I will never understand.

Anyway.  DH and I got Dusty out for a short walk this morning.  It wasn't long enough for Dusty, but between my knees and DH's ... self ... it was long enough for us.  DH is pretty much over his tummy issues, but he seems to have caught a cold on top of it all.  He's coughing and sniffling, and of course the antibiotic for the tummy stuff does nothing for the cold.  I told him to sleep and drink water all day, although secretly I hope he feels good enough to mow the lawn ...

Jerryb -- woo-hoo, ice cream!!  Except I think DH and I finished ours off last night ...

Awood -- hope you get to run this evening!!

Docket -- have fun getting needled!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your 6 done!!  No kids here, but DH and I wear matching race t-shirts all the time.  People think we're cute.  Or annoying.

scotty -- good morning!!  I think I'd rather have the ice cream than the tequila, TYVM!

Jack, welcome back!!

zelanie -- congrats to your SIL!!

From yesterday -- Ginny, thanks for the link!  We're in VA, though, and our only travels lately have been to NC, so I think we're out of the area.  Who knows?  I still blame the unrefrigerated cream cheese croissants, though.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Did 8 miles this morning.  Gonna miss my 5k next week, stupid work. Sad  Can't believe I have the RnR half coming up in five weeks.  I have no idea how that's gonna go, I don't really feel like I've been "training", just running, but I guess the heat will make ya feel that way.  I've definitely been less focused on my long run, in fact I didn't have a single run over 9 miles for the entire month of June!  I'll have to play it by ear and see how the weather is come race day, if it's as hot as it was last year, I definitely won't be looking to PR.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GinnyinPA

Ice cream day and vanilla ice cream day - both in the same week?  No wonder I can't lose weight.

Jack - welcome back.

Awood - hope you have decent weather for your run this evening.

Damaris - enjoy the 5 this evening.

Bin - I think matching shirts is great.  Your son will love it.

Scotty - I swore off tequila a long time ago.

Zelanie - great way to extend your run.  I doubt one beer would have hurt you - look at the hashers - but it probably wouldn't help all that much either. Good luck tonight.

HsM - somehow I doubt your husband will be in the mood for mowing today.  Guess the grass will just have to continue growing.

Dave - as many miles as you put in each week, you'll probably do well on the HM, even without specific training.  I hope it's not too hot.

AFM:  I'm going to attempt a run today - moment of truth.  It's a perfect day for a LR - high of 79 and DP of only 60 - but I'll stay close to home in case things go the way I think they will.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Wow...high of 72 today.  Can't wait to get out there.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Sloooow.

Afternoon, all Smile

Happy Vanilla Ice Cream Day Jerry!

Hope the run goes well tonight, Awood.

Docket, hope your run isn't too hot tonight. My partners daughter is spending the week in Miami, she's having a blast.

Bin, nice work on the 6 easy. I don't see anything wrong at all with matching shirts with your DS, very sweet.

Scotty, lol @ the pictures, thanks for sharing Smile

Jack, have a great day. Sounds to me like you need a rest vacation from your vacation!

Zelanie, congrats to SIL and to you too for getting your run in.

Dave, I feel bad for everyone running in the heat. I can understand what you mean, my runs outside don't even seem like running, it's more like an endurance event. You're signed up for RnR? Sounds fun!

HopesMom, sorry about your husbands rebound illness, that really sucks. I'm sure just getting out of the house was nice for him though.

Ginny, fingers crossed your run goes smoothly. That still sounds very warm to me.

I'm still sick, so likely to be an URD for me. If I feel better this afternoon, I might try for an easy 2 or 3. I'm so over this, I only have a low grade fever but I'm sat here with a cold sweat. I hardly sweat when I run, yet I'm sat on the sofa with it running down me, yuck! I'm staying focused on the November 10K. I think it's 14 weeks away, so I definitely have time to be ready. If I'm not pregnant, I can then spend November, December and January "training" for a half. We'll see.

I got my new running shoes in the mail today Smile And the scales said 201 but that's with nearly 2 weeks of being ill, lol.