Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Are Wondering, What's That? (Read 228 times)

@runjerseygirl

fla, I'm glad.  It's always nice to know I can make people laugh.  Otherwise I'm just laughing at myself.  Then I look crazy.

Heidi, I didn't say too much about it yesterday.  Basically, it was a shit-ton of squats and lunges to a fast tempo playlist.  So, not just squatting, but fast squatting.  In all different ways.  And lunges in directions I never thought to lunge before.  And kicks.  And lifts.  And crying. Okay, maybe not crying, but almost.  And then we did Pilates afterwards.  It hurt.  Still does.  Owwie.

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin, have you tried a sports massage? When my right ITB was being a pain I had my masseuse work on it. It was 20 of the most painful minutes of my life but it helped tremendously.

No.... Perhaps once the inflammation goes down I should look into this.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

I have some full-body DOMS from strength training class yesterday - that's what happens when you miss class for a full month. I even went light with the weights. It's a good kind of sore, though. And the weird knee pain is gone, thankfully.

Today, 7 miles easy + 3x8sec hill sprints.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Early bird gets the worm, I guess. Up at 5. Strong Stride DVD already done. Running? Up in the air. DH has a deposition that might end early and, if so, I'll be able to get my 15 in tonight, or the depo might run late and then I will have to get in whatever mileage the time allows.  I did a pretty darn fast tempo run last night and I'm pretty sure that my legs are going to be trashed today, so a shortened run wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I will say that was fastleast night.....you're on fire Heidi!! No knee pain anymore right?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George! Good morning! Have some coffee with us and stick around! Smile

I'm on my second mug now. Getting ready for work and planning some sort of interval workout after work with the local college team.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mostly harmless

Good morning.  Mind if I jump in?

I'm training for my 2nd marathon, the Shamrock in Virginia Beach on 3/17.  Yesterday I ran 8 in the rain at work (and found $10 in the road!).  Today I have 5 at lunch then heading up to the track after work for 5x800M @5K pace.

Have a great day all!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ran at Lackland Air Force base yesterday, about noon-time.  Freakin' only THIRTY degrees  actual temp, with a really cold and gusty wind that made the 'feels like' temperature 26.  GAAAACK!  I still wore shorts, though, and I still ran outside, starting from the Lackland gym.  I am glad, however, I packed my thicker gloves and my light pull-down face-mask thingy that converts into a hat if the full facial coverage gets too warm.  I just wore it as a hat and was happy to be wearing it with that wind.  I ended up doing 3.2 miles.

This morning it is 32 degrees here in San Antonio, but by after-work time it will be sunny and 56 degrees so not too bad.  Plan on a few miles around the university campus after work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jess runs for bacon

Mornin' peeps! It's icky outside this morning, slushy sleet everywhere. It's supposed to stop early afternoon though, so as long as that stays the case then I will be doing a group run at the LRS. Asics will be there tonight (somebody say swag?) and they are giving away a pair of shoes. They'll have Kayanos to try also, may give them a whirl.

happylily

I'm on my second mug now. Getting ready for work and planning some sort of interval workout after work with the local college team.

Have a good day at work and enjoy the intervals tonight! It must be fun to work with other runners in training. Time for a second cup for me as well. I'm freezing in my own house because it is so humid outside. brrr...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

Mornin' peeps! It's icky outside this morning, slushy sleet everywhere. It's supposed to stop early afternoon though, so as long as that stays the case then I will be doing a group run at the LRS. Asics will be there tonight (somebody say swag?) and they are giving away a pair of shoes. They'll have Kayanos to try also, may give them a whirl.

I won't be able to make it tonight. I REALLY need to do speedwork to try to prepare for Superbowl 10k (in uh, 3 weeks?) so I'm forcing myself to go to the gym for mile repeats. Today is the best day to do it since tomorrow is an SRD. Boo. Maybe you-know-who will be at the run. Wink

Kay, enjoy yoga.

Just B.S., Hilary, AprilRunner, Tom, ImNotScott, scottydawg, lilac_jive, enjoy your runs.

flarunner, great weather and a great run.

Damaris, enjoy Cirque du Soleil.

Heidi, enjoy whatever your day brings.

kristin10185, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Lily, ouch! Have a great run tonight.

wcrunner2,  welcome! Enjoy you run tonight.

Shari, I'm glad that the knee pain is gone. I hope that tonight's run goes well.

I did 3.0 tempo miles on the TM. 6.9mph (8:41). My plan called for an 8:45 pace, but the TM didn't offer that.

Jess runs for bacon

I won't be able to make it tonight. I REALLY need to do speedwork to try to prepare for Superbowl 10k (in uh, 3 weeks?) so I'm forcing myself to go to the gym for mile repeats. Today is the best day to do it since tomorrow is an SRD. Boo. Maybe you-know-who will be at the run. Wink

I think he said he wouldn't...but if he would maybe that'll get me to run faster Tongue Hey if you want to do a great hill workout this weekend let me know, there's a mile loop by my house with a killer hill. I've been neglecting hills so I'll probably hit it up this weekend.

LRB

Wassup crew! 

Supp George and Scott!

T-3 and Real Deal, smooches!

Kay, that pic of the coffee is super fly.  I could see that on my wall somewhere!

Well, I got my Myrtle on today with the green band for 25 reps each.  It was a little tougher than I thought so I will stay at those reps with that color band for at least the next workout.

I also did front/rear monster walks, walking/standing side lunges and finished it all up with 2 sets of 25 single leg squats, a few of which I tried with my eyes closed.  Whoa, that was trippy!

It will be a minute before I can do those with regularity, and even longer before I am up to 25 of them but I do enjoy a challenge, thanks Flo!

Robert31320

Team TJ

7.4 miles done, now to enjoy the rest of my day off.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off LRB.  I dunno if I'd want my money to have eyes and see some of the stupid stuff at times I spend my money on, lol.  Nice workout for you!  Is there a website of these mirtle activities, I'd like to see what those look like.

Barefoot bootcamp does not sound like fun, Kay.  Enjoy your yoga today.

Hope you had a nice swim, JBS and good luck with your miles later.

Happy swimming, nevrgivup and good luck with your 5 and change later.  One nice thing about the Y, once you join, you can then use any Y in the country..makes it convenient when you have to travel, you can still get in a workout, providing the location you travel to has a Y.    By the way, I made it all the way across my pool yesterday, too.....the other side of that wading pool felt REALLY far away to me too!  That length is about my limit for distance swimming.   Joking

Good luck with your repeats April...repeats April....repeats April...repeats... Big grin

underneath clear skies and 64* temps. Bee-yoo-ti-ful day for a run!   Aww, shaddup! Wink  I guess I should not complain, San Antonio can get a bit cold at time, but it passes very quickly, I have it a lot better than many folks.  Nice running, flarunner!

Circque de Soleil, love those folks!  I am jealous, Damaris.    They were here in San Antonio once and actually had a few of their folks come out to a local 5K I did, I got some photos with them, that was fun.  Enjoy the show!

Coffee - it's not just for breakfast!  You got that right, Tom...it's for regurgitating, when you need to clean your system out!   Coffee...blech!   Hope you get your miles in, and sorry about the flooding in your area, stay safe!

Happy running, RM23B, whether you get in your 15 or have to do shorter mileage.   15 miles for one run, that's about my total weekly mileage, lol.

Dang, Lily, sounds like a Marx Brothers movie at your house.  Joking  Sorry you got all dinged up, hope it's not too serious.

Welcome to "The Other Side" George!

Kinda like the way I feel, Step, after I lay off my weight training circuit and then start to get back into it.  My arms especially feel like jelly.   Good luck with your miles and hill sprints!

Good luck with your marathon training, INS!   By the way, I tend to abbreviate everyone's forum name, cuz I got such a lousy memory I can't remember the full ones, lol.   Shamrock in Virginia, huh?  I grew up in Virginia...Falls Church in Northern Virginia mainly.  I was born in Radford and lived in Blacksburg for a while, used to wander all over the Va Tech campus as a kid.  Of course, old as I am now, that was so long ago, VPI only had ONE building back then...  Wink

Heck, Lilac, if you wore my size shoe, I'd give you the Kayanos I tested. They are SO not right for me since I underpronate...so now they sit on the shelf with only about 20 miles on them gathering dust, so almost brand new.  Size 9.5 medium width.   Have fun at the LRS, maybe you'll win a new pair.

Congrats on your miles, Basya.  You have quite a few upcoming races, good luck!

Enjoy that day off, Robert!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt