Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Are Wondering, What's That? (Read 228 times)

I'm having to shift my 7 miler from yesterday to today. Luckily today was a SRD so I could do that.

Tuesdays for me are teh sux.

Nevrgivup

Morning!  I ran 3 last night but today I won't be able to.  We're off tonight to watch Cirque du Soleil's Totem show.  Yay.

LRB, I loved those ads more than I did the gecko ones.  Now where is the coffee?

Kay, oh, there is the coffee.  Thanks!

Beth, enjoy the pool and 7 miles.

Hilary, glad to see you're doing some workouts and runs.  I wish I can swim properly.  ALthough my husband is hoping I don't catch up on the tri vibe.

flarunner, was that weather comment for me?  I hate you!!!!!!!!  Nice run. Joking

April, enjoy your repeats.

Damaris- I could never swim properly either. The lessons are awesome! I plan on taking more lessons, once this session is complete. It is great for cross-training. I thought I would hate it, because I hate being cold and wet, but you get really used to it. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, hello.  Hope you stay! Big grin

After all these years I decided I should peek in here and find out what's so special about the dailies. Hi! <waves>.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DH already told me NO BIKE!  So, I am planning on doing so many marathons, he'll fold.

Although he met MMs this weekend and he saw they were normal.  Well, sorta.

Damaris- I could never swim properly either. The lessons are awesome! I plan on taking more lessons, once this session is complete. It is great for cross-training. I thought I would hate it, because I hate being cold and wet, but you get really used to it. Smile

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  Knee doc appointment yesterday.  Doc says I re-tore my ACL and meniscus.  I had an MRI this morning to confirm.  Sooooo, it looks like 2013 will be another year of ACL surgery, recovery, and rehab.  With any luck, I'll be able to match my 5K PR some time around the end of 2014.  Honestly, I am still trying to process this mentally.  It's pretty much what I considered my worst case scenario.  Eh, whatever.  The doc said I was still young and should be able to make a full recovery, so calling me young was something positive.  Big grin

45 minutes on the elliptical last night felt great.  I'll be a doing a whole lot of that in the coming weeks.  I may try to start some light treadmill running in the next few days.  Doc gave me the ok as it doesn't hurt too much.

<3

Better I Leave

Gonna kick out a few miles on the treadmill between roasting coffee and dinner tonight. At least, that's the plan.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm sorry you're going through this.  Hoping the trial run goes well.

'Morning!  Knee doc appointment yesterday.  Doc says I re-tore my ACL and meniscus.  I had an MRI this morning to confirm.  Sooooo, it looks like 2013 will be another year of ACL surgery, recovery, and rehab.  With any luck, I'll be able to match my 5K PR some time around the end of 2014.  Honestly, I am still trying to process this mentally.  It's pretty much what I considered my worst case scenario.  Eh, whatever.  The doc said I was still young and should be able to make a full recovery, so calling me young was something positive.  Big grin

45 minutes on the elliptical last night felt great.  I'll be a doing a whole lot of that in the coming weeks.  I may try to start some light treadmill running in the next few days.  Doc gave me the ok as it doesn't hurt too much.

Damaris

Better I Leave

ACL surgery...ugh. I feel for you my friend. My wife went through that 1 1/2 years ago and even after the surgery, she'll never walk properly again. I believe the reason for that is because of an initial "misdiagnosis" from her PCP and then the insurance company dragging their feet to authorize an MRI. It was 6 months from the day of her injury to the day of her surgery.

Sounds like yours isn't too bad though as you can still exercise. My wife totally "destroyed" her ACL. Here's to a quick recovery for you. Smile

hog4life

Hey there all my Dailies friends! Heading off for a lung biopsy and will be looking forward to some grubb and coffee when I wake up. 9.5 yesterday with I repeat intervals and 3.1 this morning.

delicate flower

I'm sorry you're going through this.  Hoping the trial run goes well.

Damaris, thanks!  I am holding out hope that I'll be able to run the two HM's I have registered for (Feb 23 and March 23), depending on when (if) I have surgery.  If I can they'll have to be 13.1 mile jogs, but mentally it'll help get me through this.

PineGroveDave, I actually went through this already in 2009.  Tore my ACL, MCL, LCL, and meniscus.  Absolutely destroyed my knee.  I made a full recovery though.  I have no doubts I'll recover from this, but right now it's just messing with mentally.

<3

Zelanie

Phil- Sorry to hear that.  Hope that you're able to get through recovery quickly.  My dog was back to full activity in 12 weeks, don't know how different human ACL surgery is though.

I am taking 2 days off to see if it helps my knee or hammy feel better.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Phil, I'm sorry. Sad

Mitch, good luck with the biopsy.

LRB

It boggles my mind that you can still run on that thing!  Totally bizarre!

Good luck with everything.  You were doing so well what with PR's in the marathon, 5k and a 10k PR during a damn training run!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris, thanks!  I am holding out hope that I'll be able to run the two HM's I have registered for (Feb 23 and March 23), depending on when (if) I have surgery.  If I can they'll have to be 13.1 mile jogs, but mentally it'll help get me through this.

PineGroveDave, I actually went through this already in 2009.  Tore my ACL, MCL, LCL, and meniscus.  Absolutely destroyed my knee.  I made a full recovery though.  I have no doubts I'll recover from this, but right now it's just messing with mentally.

Baboon those are exactly the ligaments my dad tore. Yikes! I am do sorry you have to have surgery again Sad such a bummer Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

It boggles my mind that you can still run on that thing!  Totally bizarre!

Good luck with everything.  You were doing so well what with PR's in the marathon, 5k and a 10k PR during a damn training run!

Thanks, LRB!  I can do anything that keeps the knee moving in a linear motion, which means running is ok.  I'd be in trouble if I start doing anything side to side.  That'd strain the other ligaments and could cause further damage.  Straight line good, side to side bad.

<3