Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Are Wondering, What's That? (Read 228 times)

wcrunner2, great run.

I awaken this page during my commute and during my break. That gives me just enough time.

LRB

How do you manage to keep up with what everyone is doing? I feel a bit overwhelmed by the volume of comments here.

There's only a select few that can keep up with this thread post by post, I am not one of them!

Some people simply say hello, post what they did or did not do, then say see ya.  Others respond to a particular topic or member, either way is perfectly fine.

It is not a requirement to respond to, or acknowledge each post.  Nor are you expected to.

happylily

Almost bailed on my workout today. I'm probably still in recovery mode from Sunday's races but I decided I'd run some short, fast intervals anyway as long as I got full recovery between. Ran a mixture of 200m, 300m and 400m (3600m total) at paces varying from mile pace down to an allout sprint on the last 200m.

How do you manage to keep up with what everyone is doing? I feel a bit overwhelmed by the volume of comments here.

I gave up trying to keep up a long time ago. I usually just ramble on by myself and I figure that everyone else is doing the same. It's all good, as SRL would say. Big grin

I feel lazy tonight. And I still have to pack, I ate too much Thai food, I have to call my sister to give my last instructions, change the bed sheets (she's coming to guard the house and look after my son), we're leaving at 6:00 am tomorrow and I need to go to bed early. I think the 8 miler won't happen... Oh well...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Skipped out of work early to get a run n before dark........5.5 miles on the bike trail watching the sunset on the way back. I decided last week to pick up the pace a bit and push myself......gained a minute per mile!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Jess runs for bacon

I ran so hard on my group run tonight I've been feeling like I am going to hurl for the past hour. The very heavy lunch I had today isn't helping. Waiting for it to subside so I can make a shake. Good run though, a little achy.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have Nike Lunarglides

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

George, I feel the same way sometimes about trying to keep up, so I just kind of do like Rick said, some days are more/less than others, but no one seems to mind.

Biopsy done with no complications, even though it was a tricky procedure. I think they rolled me into the CT machine at least a dozen times. I will get the results on Monday and will update everyone then. Thank you for all the well wishes Smile

Just B.S.

Biopsy done with no complications, even though it was a tricky procedure. I think they rolled me into the CT machine at least a dozen times. I will get the results on Monday and will update everyone then. Thank you for all the well wishes Smile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

5 miles done with the running group, giving me 17 for the day. It's amazing how splitting a run in two makes it so much less challenging. Have a good night y'all. Time for me to eat, eat, eat.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Zelanie

Mitch- Glad you're done and am hoping to hear good results!

Now I'm wondering about my shoes.  They're at 354 and not showing a lot of wear, so I was hoping to get to 500 on them.  Hoping that's not my issue.  Or maybe I should be hoping it is!

I really should get a second pair so I could at least start rotating, I guess.  Was hoping to get a little past the Christmas bills first, though!

happylily

George, I feel the same way sometimes about trying to keep up, so I just kind of do like Rick said, some days are more/less than others, but no one seems to mind.

Excellent! I will be thinking about you everyday until you get the good news!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Lily, relax and enjoy.

Scott, that sounds like a beautiful run. A minute per mile? Sweet!

lilac_jive, great run.

Mitch, I'm happy that there were no complications. I hope that you receive good news.

I just checked my marathon plan. There's nothing for recovery! Ugh. I have no idea what to do. Suggestions?

hog4life

Thank you!

Zelanie, if you are using just one pair, it's very possible. I went about the same amount with my first pair when it was the only ones. I started having shin and calf issues. I now rotate 4 pair with two of them at 470 miles and no problems. In the Penguin thread, that's why I mentioned laying off the speed work.

Got my 7 in that was supposed to yesterday.  Fartlek run. My hammies were complaining a bit... not sure what is up with that. Tomorrows 4 I'll have to make sure I take extra easy.

B-Plus

It's so darn difficult to keep up with you guys. I guess I need to slack off at work more.

7.6 @ 8:02 average pace - fartlek run

25 minute warmup @ 8:49

5 min @ 7:00

2 min recovery

3 min @ 6:28

2 min recovery

3 min @ 5:59

2 min recovery

3 min @ 6:04

2 min recovery

1 min @ 5:25

1 min recovery