Beginners and Beyond

Back to work Tuesdailies (Read 18 times)

DavePNW

6 miles.

Our big excitement yesterday was finding a lost parakeet. We took it in and borrowed a cage from someone, and it's made great friends with DD. But the dog has been going bonkers, so we have to find a way to get rid of it. No one responded to posts in the various community and lost pets groups on Facebook. Of course everything was closed yesterday; there's a local shelter which seems like they should be able to take it, but so far have not been able to get ahold of them.

Dave

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 5 at MPish. Was a little sluggish at the start because I stayed up too late last night.

Dave--good luck getting rid of the bird. Although I'm sure my cat would absolutely love it if we found one, lol

Have you given the parakeet a name?  Ozzy?  Penny?

12 stream grade, slow as I could go.   Right calf had not recovered from three loops of accotink Saturday; had to stay

gentle today

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles today before driving the hubby to his doctor's appointment

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  I swam 2500 yards before work, then did a 60 minute bike workout during lunch.

I tested my foot with a jog down the driveway this morning, and while my foot still ached, it was no worse during that little jog and did not have a shooting, crippling pain like I experienced the last time I tested it.  So, I think I'll give it an actual jog/walk at the track tomorrow.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope you find his home!

I ran 3 and lifted. Pilates after work, except I just lost power so we'll see. I can't see in the basement without it!

Damaris

DavePNW

Bird issue resolved, via death.  (The bird's.) DD is pretty broken up about it, despite having it <24 hours. So I resisted the urge to make any Monty Python references.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Poor thing, but I'm not surprised. Every time I've rescued one that has been the result (they are exhausted, hungry, injured). RIP.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Bird issue resolved, via death.  (The bird's.) DD is pretty broken up about it, despite having it <24 hours. So I resisted the urge to make any Monty Python references.

Oops!

For some reason, I didn't realize you still have a kid living at home. I thought they all flew the nest already (too soon?).

DavePNW

Oops!

For some reason, I didn't realize you still have a kid living at home. I thought they all flew the nest already (too soon?).

This is actually the older one—the younger one has already flown. I do not see this one flying the nest maybe ever. A whole other discussion.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

25 minutes on the treadmill + core workout.

DavePNW, poor bird. I don;t think parakeets are really able to survive in the wild.