Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #23 (Read 36 times)

onemile

There are worse things than ending a streak. Starting one in the first place comes to mind. lol 

+1

LRB

8 miles with 3 x 1 mi (1 min rest) then 6 x 200/200 jog. All in the dark. I'm glad sunset is getting later but wtf about sunrise??

The days get longer, not the mornings. 

We get the short end of the stick until about March. Then get it again about a week later when DST kicks in. 

Baboon

delicate flower

I thought of you when I received my W-2 earlier this week. Not sure how I would ever know if it wasn't correct (unless it was really wrong). What are the most common errors that you deal with?

I am confident all of the taxes and wages are accurate, but it's all of that weird box 12 and 13 stuff that complicates things.  Honestly most of the errors I deal with are wrong social security numbers and having to deal with people who don't update their mailing addresses.  We get hundreds of those returned by the USPS.

<3

DavePNW

I thought she was mid 40s?

But agree with everything else

OK you are right, I just did some digging and 45ish. IDK why I had 50+ stuck in my head. But anytime you get up there, taking extra care of an increasingly decrepit body during training becomes important. At least I know I should be doing that stuff.

Dave

DavePNW

Oh, I needed to tell you I moved and my address changed?

Nope, we have ESP.

Dave

LRB

OK you are right, I just did some digging and 45ish. IDK why I had 50+ stuck in my head. But anytime you get up there, taking extra care of an increasingly decrepit body during training becomes important. At least I know I should be doing that stuff.

Another thing in that thread is the pre-40, post-40 line of demarcation some people have. I didn't start running until 42 and am coming up on 10 years in just a few short months. I've been able to reconcile the PR chase versus the toll that doing so puts on your mental but it looks like it might be harder mentally for those who started earlier.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

We get the short end of the stick until about March. Then get it again about a week later when DST kicks in. 

DST sucks, at least at the beginning. But love the late sunset in the summer!

The 2020 marathon thread is nuts; big waste of time reading up on it today.  Darkwave is the exception over there, as others noted.  She's always spot on.

I ran 5 easy ones.  Was more tired than I thought after yesterday's "tempo" miles.  I'm nowhere near where I want to be but the easy miles are piling up and the hammies/butt issues still seem to be under control or getting better.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Another thing in that thread is the pre-40, post-40 line of demarcation some people have. I didn't start running until 42 and am coming up on 10 years in just a few short months. I've been able to reconcile the PR chase versus the toll that doing so puts on your mental but it looks like it might be harder mentally for those who started earlier.

at some point, you just have to start thinking about an age group, or annual PR! 

RunningOnSand

Holy crap, that Marathon thread was such a time suck. 

RunningOnSand

I woke up with stiff, sore legs from yesterday's workouts, and was excited to run today to get the blood flowing and loosen them up. But a few steps into my run and I noticed I had to start altering my gait b/c of my right Achilles. No biggie, I'll just walk for 10 minutes and then try again! And still a no go. Sad So I did some runner's yoga for 30 min, instead. I'll rest it, start up my heel lifts again, and work on rolling out my backside and frontside. Frustrating, but I'm trying to be smart about it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

at some point, you just have to start thinking about an age group, or annual PR! 

Or an age graded PR.

Damaris

Cyberic

OMG, the 2020 marathon thread on the main forum is crazy.  If I decide to do one of those things,  no way would I post there.

Holy sheeeet. I don't go there often, but I just did because of this comment. So weird.

LRB

Holy crap, that Marathon thread was such a time suck. 

I did pages 22-26, and I'm not going back unless somebody goes live and drives off a cliff. lol

Cyberic

Yyyyep.  I could see that coming a mile away.  The sub-4:00 mile thread is another fun one.  Smile

Searched for it, didn't find it, and only then figured you must be joking 

Cyberic

Oof. You've had a great post-marathon training season. No harm in cutting back for a day.

There are worse things than ending a streak. Starting one in the first place comes to mind. lol I did actually run yesterday before I was stricken with the plague, so my little one will end today.

I actually like the streak counter, but I see it as a danger zone counter: the more the number increases, the longer it's been since I've taken a full rest day so if I'm feeling aches and pains, maybe that's it.

Lately I've had plenty of rest days, so even if I feel like taking a rest day, it's laziness