Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #23 (Read 36 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

What'd you make of BRs post? The one that got censored with all the swear words?

What happens in the mileage game if a teammate gets booted from RA was my thought. Do we have to carry 3 consecutive 0 weeks? We already had a guy booted cause he couldn't log in and forgot what email he used.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

What'd you make of BRs post? The one that got censored with all the swear words?

"Opinions are like farts. We all have them. They all stink. Feel free to fuck RIGHT the fuck off back to wherever the fuck it is you came from and drown your sorrows into your favorite light American lager."

Dude went straight up east side on that one. lol

And you can't call running jogging?? Gasp I do it all the time. A jog to me is an easy run with no particular target or purpose and usually slow. Oops!

They have gone off the rails over there. I really don't get why people love to argue so much, especially online. I guess I just don't have strong enough opinions (or care enough - same thing?) to spend a lot of time arguing with people about issues, whether in person or online. Or maybe some people just love to argue with, put-down, tease, rile-up...other people. 

DavePNW

8 miles in the rain. Right after typing “the”, iPhone autocomplete suggested “rain”.  True story. Getting a bit predictable here.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

They have gone off the rails over there. I really don't get why people love to argue so much, especially online. 

I lurk in those public forums but don't post much.  The people in that thread acting like such assholes are the same ones who last year were wondering why more people didn't participate in their threads.

<3

DavePNW

Dude is a well-documented jackass based on numerous other posts. This one was particularly offensive because it was a pretty personal attack on a guy who just came in to defend a group of people that another well-documented jackass had personally attacked. So, totally out of line.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I lurk in those public forums but don't post much.  The people in that thread acting like such assholes are the same ones who last year were wondering why more people didn't participate in their threads.

I would never post questions or comments on there mostly because of the level that I'm at. For the "fast" people, I actually don't think it's too bad, as far as anonymous internet message boards go. I mean, its not nearly as toxic as LR. There's always going to be some assholes as well as people that think their way is the only way.

Wouldn't surprise me if it ends of splitting back into different threads based on time goals. While I enjoy reading a bit about what a 2:40 marathoner does in training, the current environment does not feel welcoming to a 4+ hour marathoner.

Baboon

delicate flower

the current environment does not feel welcoming to a 4+ hour marathoner.

It's not.  You get much better support in the sub-forums.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, that was a level of fuckery I wouldn't even do, lol.

Thanks for posting what he said because I missed his censored post.

Damaris

LRB

Dude is a well-documented jackass based on numerous other posts. This one was particularly offensive because it was a pretty personal attack on a guy who just came in to defend a group of people that another well-documented jackass had personally attacked. So, totally out of line.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. There's so much jack assery I can't keep up with who is who! You know how some sites have Super Moderator next to the names? They should have an ass next to theirs. 😂

DavePNW

It was quoted a couple times in the thread before getting censored, so you can still go read the full post.

Dave

LRB

What?? That was just the end, there was more!

"Don't step into MY thread and tell me, or my imaginary online friends how to act. If you want to come here and tell me how humble ultra runners are then tell me how other runners do it to show off to other people you're doing a horrible job of it. Please do not tell me why I run or even try to understand it. For all you know it's because I have an eating problem and body image issues I don't want to admit to having because words like "bulimia" and "aneroxia" aren't pretty while running is viewed as a "healthy lifestyle choice" so I'm allowed to eat an entire box of Mega Stuffed Oreos with milk every single night or a pint of ice cream to myself. fuck outta here with your bullshit about how Ultra runners are better. Pretty self centered to tell me how running brings YOU joy but I'm out here to look good for other people. Take a training run and find a ditch to fall into so someone can come help you. You want to compare a 30 minute race to a 30 hour race and say "well WE help each other out and you just leave people on the side of the road." fuck off. ultra runners will enter Western States injured and knowing they won't finish the race thereby BLOCKING someone who COULD finish the race from even competing because they're such self absorbed assholes. Hardrock is so biased to runners in the race there isn't really a point trying to get in because they make it obvious they don't want anyone new coming to enjoy their race. The disgust you're reading has NOTHING to do with me being a road runner. It has everything to do with you being a complete dick head and me being blunt about not giving a fuck about your opinion because when you point one finger you have three pointing back at you.

Opinions are like farts. We all have them. They all stink. Feel free to fuck RIGHT the fuck off back to wherever the fuck it is you came from and drown your sorrows into your favorite light American lager."

LRB

It was quoted a couple times in the thread before getting censored, so you can still go read the full post.

She ain't got time fo dat.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL, thanks. I went to a meeting and missed that and everything that came after that.

Wow.

Damaris

DavePNW

She ain't got time fo dat.

LOL you take such good care of us.

Dave

LRB

LOL you take such good care of us.

I've been bedridden for two days so lots of time 

Pretty sure I've broken the fever though and that's an important first step. 👍