Beginners and Beyond

Rolling Thunder TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

From the Internet.

Rearranged my week again - long run stupid early tomorrow, 5 mile race Sunday that may or may not end up being some kind of HMP or MP workout or progression run. It's ~2 miles from my house, perfect distance for a warmup and cooldown. No other quality planned for the week in case I'm stupid and wind up racing it 

cjones1

Then, I had an idea: I squeezed my butt while running, and the pain passed. So I started running with my butt cheeks squeezed

Brilliant! Smile

As I sit here at my desk, I'm trying to imagine running like that, and I can't even begin to figure out how I would do it, but I imagine it could lead to all sorts of overcompensation type injuries.  It doesn't seem natural to me, well, unless I had a huge burrito for lunch.  Not that I've ever done that or anything. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

B-Plus

Cyberic

It doesn't seem natural to me

It doesn't? LOL!

Little Blue

As I sit here at my desk, I'm trying to imagine running like that, and I can't even begin to figure out how I would do it, but I imagine it could lead to all sorts of overcompensation type injuries.  It doesn't seem natural to me, well, unless I had a huge burrito for lunch.  Not that I've ever done that or anything. Smile

That's exactly where my brain went with this.  I can feel my piriformis and ITB starting to seize, just thinking about it.

DavePNW

I had a huge burrito for lunch.  

Actually eating it just as I was reading the post. Butt cheek squeezing will occur later in my office chair.

Dave

Little Blue

This is just wrong:

Clear

Clear

99.2 °F

Feels Like 115 °F

Dew point 77

It's June for Pete's sake! 

LRB

This is just wrong:

Clear

Clear

99.2°F

Feels Like115°F

Dew point 77

It's June for fucks sake! 

I fixed that for you.

Little Blue

I fixed that for you.

Thanks, I forgot where I was for a minute. 

LRB

Thanks, I forgot where I was for a minute. 

That's crazy. You be careful in that crap.

Little Blue

That's crazy. You be careful in that crap.

I haven't been to work in 10 days.  Nice thing is, my boss is a bit older than me, and she doesn't like heat either.  We decided long ago that there is no such thing as a lawn care emergency.  If it's too hot, we stay home.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Man, you guys had too much fun today.  Butt touching and all.  Now off to run.

Damaris

From the Internet.

EEEE. I've never had to worry about tornado warnings before D: This is New England, we're not supposed to deal with this kind of weather! Hiding in the basement family room with kid, husband, and all the pets.

Hip Redux

EEEE. I've never had to worry about tornado warnings before D: This is New England, we're not supposed to deal with this kind of weather! Hiding in the basement family room with kid, husband, and all the pets.

Except that we've had tornado warnings pretty much every year the last few years, and one touched down in MA for about 50 miles in 2011.  Maybe RI has escaped most of that.

From the Internet.

Except that we've had tornado warnings pretty much every year the last few years, and one touched down in MA for about 50 miles in 2011.  Maybe RI has escaped most of that.

I was sheltered in RI. In MA now, this is the first one that's affected me!