Beginners and Beyond

** MILES GAME ** (Read 84 times)

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

The Admins have been noticing there is not a lot of action when it comes to the Miles Game. Nag lists and Summary Reports are normaly posted on a weekly basis but were held the past two weeks to see if there would be a reaction. It was pretty much what we expected--there wasn't any. The only person who raised the question was WCRUNNER asking if the game was coming to and end. We've also noticed there haven't been much interest in recent months requesting to be added to a team AND there have been comments regarding the lack of participation once on a team. All of these issues together have leads us to believe it's time to end the game.

What we need from each of you is this...do we continue or not? We can either end the game the end of June or we can continue until the end of the year.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

LRB

Pardon my ignorance but which games?  The one that has the old teams or 2014 in 2014 which has new teams?

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Not the 2014in2014.  That is still going strong.  This is the Miles Game - with teams 4midable, Corredores, Free Agents, Happy Feet, Hillkillers, Kickin' Asphalt, Luckylegs, M.R.T., Margaritaville Miles, Pavement Pounders, Phoenix Rising, Sole Train, and Triple Digits.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

outoftheblue

I voted to end it in June.  I really want to thank the admins for putting on the game throughout the years, but interest did seem to be on life support.  I know, I've forgotten to post a couple of times lately.  Without the active RW threads of the old days, it was hard to feel much team spirit/interest.

Life is good.

Philliefan33

I voted to end the game soon.  Even though I have been diligently entering my mileage, I won't miss the game.  It just hasn't been the same since we emigrated from RW.  Maybe something new will come along to try, or maybe next year I sign up for "2015 in 2015".

I also want to thank the Administrators for the time and effort spent keeping the Miles Game going for so long.

catwhoorg

Labrat

End of June, or sooner if you wish.

Its a casualty of the split population between RA and RWOL.

Thanks to everyone for their time and effort.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, I hate to see it end, but if interest is waning, then it really isn't worth the effort to keep it going.

I'll vote 'end of June" to coincide with my arthroscopic knee surgery. I won't be of much use to the team for a while after that anyway.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

+1 to those who have already commented.

Thank you SO much to the admins who have kept the game going, to Heunix for the use of his page/programming, and to teammates! But it does seem that the game has run its course and we really don't have "teams" anymore.

Again, thank you!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Not quite right

I voted over on RW but voted to end at the end of this month. The game sadly has been on life support for a good while now. I would like to give a giant shout out to those that run the game thanks . In a way it saddens me as it was so important to me when first getting going. I often wondered why it was not getting new blood. Thanks to all involved it helped this old guy get out and run more than he would have on his own thanks   run safe all

B-Plus

I'm not in the game, so obviously I voted it doesn't matter to me. I was a Pavement Pounder way back in the day though.

Zelanie

I will miss it a bit when it's gone, since it was my first running team that I joined.  But it is hard to keep up with two games and teams at once, I have to admit.

Thank you so much to the admins for putting it together and keeping it running!

I'll miss it as well, it was my first game, a big thanks to the admins.

SusanRachel

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's crazy!  I've been a Free Agent for NINE YEARS!!!

I think the issue with the game hinged on the forum change.  There was too much disruption moving to running ahead and we don't get the new blood stream here that we did at RWBF.  The Free Agents have stayed vibrant and active with a near perfect post rate, largely because we have a Facebook forum where we meet, chat, and cheer each other on.  We are even all scheduled to do the Charleston Marathon/Half/Marathon relay/5k in spring 2015.  We're TIGHT.

Something like that would greatly benefit the game - if we had a FB forum for the entire miles game that people could join.  Frankly, many people are on FB way more than other forums, so it would be convenient.  I would much rather see a change in strategy and a revitalization than just abandoning the game.  Oh, and I didn't vote because there wasn't a choice for "I don't want it to end".  Not at the end of June, not at the end of 2014, and it DOES matter to me.

SR

Captain of the Coolest Team in the game

tampazephyr2

I've been a member for at least six years, I think. I'd hate to see the miles game go away. While I'm not as active with the team itself as I would like, that's something I can change. But, I do enjoy seeing who posts his or her miles each week.

Found the Beer Table!

I do not want to see the game fold! I've been a member of Free Agents for 5 years, and it's an important motivator for me - getting me out the door on some days when I'm just not feeling it. Our team has an active page on Facebook where we have gotten to know each other and give support and encouragement on almost a daily basis. The split between RWOL and RA has caused a loss of cohesion and focus for some.

Tinker with it, infuse some new life into it, create a Facebook group for the game...something besides shutting it down.