Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: The Origin of Twitter (Read 55 times)

DavePNW

Morning all.

Just got back from plodding through 18.04 at 9:26. I apparently forgot that the LR is supposed to be your easiest run of the week, because it was really, really tough today. Wanted to cut it short very badly, but planned on 18 so I got it in. And managed to make mile 18 my fastest.

Now I can look forward to a relaxing day of...putting down the mulch that was supposed to be delivered yesterday but is now supposed to be coming today. And that friggin' Zombie 5k tonight that DW signed us up for. She has given indications of wanting to blow it off herself, so there is hope.

Have a great day everyone, and good luck to all the racers!

Dave

Zelanie

DaveP- That sounds like the kind of hard work that pays dividends.  Good job getting it done and stepping it up at the end!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning everyone! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Baboon - Have fun on vacation. It's amazing that vacations always wear you out...

StepbyStep - Congrats on the great pacing. That's a fantastic job. Hopefully Fargo weather is great for the both of us!

Did 6 Easy miles this AM on the TM. I really should have ran outside because it was a misty 40 degrees. My middle toe feels better after spraining it last week. Hopefully that gets fully taken care of this week. I've been reluctant to step up the pace until that gets 100%.

- Andrew

Good morning dailies:

Rick - #earlybirdgetstheworm

B+ - wake up!

Bruce - sunshine = winning

April - because awesome

Marjorie - good LR to you

Baboon - ¡Viva los burritos!

Basya - sounds like an ideal day, enjoy the LR

Step - nice job, glad it was fun

Ami - 15 out of 2000, congrats!

OOTB - have a good one

Work - cool, will read the RR then

Zelanie - not terrible at all

Kristin - great job

DaveP - way to hang on even when it was tough.  How do those zombie runs work?  Unless they have mobs of "zombies", walkers aren't catching runners, haha.

Brrr - glad the toe is better

Heading out for a LR in the sun, sun, sunny Sunday, oh yeah.  Then a whole bunch of mowing awaits.

15 minutes onthe elliptical

30 minutes upper body routine

20 minutes bike

happy Sunday everyone.....countdown to the beach 3 days and a few hours..

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

Just got back from plodding through 18.04 at 9:26.

You run 18 milers like Paul Bunyan eats pancakes!

I got in 12 at 8:36 and am headed to the movies to try and eat up and drink up every single one of the 1707 calories Garmin says I burned running.

'Cuz that's how I roll.  Cool

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies, and Happy Sunday!

Rest day today, not sure if it was scheduled or not. I'm still in Jacksonville with the family so I have relinquished control of my life to others in order to avoid a shootin' war!  OK, it's not quite that bad, but we do have activities today that will probably keep me from running. If I do get out there (this evening), it'll be a relatively easy 4-ish miles.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Sunday Dailies!

LRB - Love the cartoon. Way to knock out those miles. I hope you enjoy and savor each and every calorie.

Kristin - Great job on your 5k, especially since you were sick! Enjoy the rest of your run.

B-Plus - I'm having a body is slow to work day too.

Bruce - Enjoy your sunny run.

April - Thanks for doing the MS walk. My mom had MS. Enjoy your run later.

MarjorieAnn - I love reading about your dogs. Mine is sitting with me now. Enjoy your long run.

Baboon - enjoy lunch in Mexico!

Basya - Sounds like a good morning. Enjoy your long run.

StepbyStep - Glad you had a good day yesterday. The pacing was spot on!

AmiK - Congrats on your AG placement. I hope you have a good visit with the in-laws and enjoy your RD.

outoftheblue - enjoy your cross training.

workinprogress - sounds like a nice run, will look forward to the RR. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Zelanie - Enjoy the walk and possible hike.

DaveP - kudos on pushing through a tough run. Enjoy the rest of your day. Not sure what I would think of a Zombie run.

Brrrrrrr - Glad your toe is doing better and hope it continues to heal.

Shirfan - enjoy that sunny run. We're going to have some serious mowing ahead of us after all this rain.

Sparker - nice workout. I'm counting down to vacation too.

RunTomRun - enjoy your time with family.

I'm enjoying a lazy Sunday morning after a busy day yesterday. We're going to visit the in-laws here in a bit. Probably won't knock out any miles today since it's still a monsoon outside. It's a shame since there's a great greenway near my in-law's place. I'll do some strength and yoga later. I got quite enough rain running in that half last week! Have a great day everyone!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I'm so mad at myself today.  I did 4.5 utter junk miles for no good reason when I should have rested.  I feel trashed and my left foot hurts again, and I am supposed to do a really hard lifting session tomorrow.  At least the miles were slow so lifting should be ok... and maybe I will feel ok tomorrow?  It was only 9:00 pace, so maybe it will be LIKE a rest day... it's the tendons and stuff I worry about.

sad today.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

B-Plus

13.1 @ 6:31

YAYpril - B-Plus

13.1 @ 6:31

Speedy. For those of us too lazy to do the math, what was your final time?

B-Plus

Speedy. For those of us too lazy to do the math, what was your final time?

The results said 1:25:28, now it's 1:25:27. I imagine that can still change since there is no variance between my gun and chip times and I started about 300 deep. I clocked 1:25:19 on the garmin. Either way,I'm so freaking excited right now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awesome!  Congrats!

The results said 1:25:28, now it's 1:25:27. I imagine that can still change since there is no variance between my gun and chip times and I started about 300 deep. I clocked 1:25:19 on the garmin. Either way,I'm so freaking excited right now.

Damaris

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Whoa, congratulations!!  That's amazing.  Where's the race report?

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I run in shitty weather and I come from Puerto Rico but I have never run in this humidity or this heat ever.  Which is saying a lot.  I will try to post some pics later but after lunch (which just ended) I am planning on hitting the pool.

Damaris