Beginners and Beyond

Nostalgic Tuesdailies (Read 58 times)

Ric-G

morning everyone....ran 7 easy this AM...ended up doing 7.5 yesterday at lunch as I was not looking forward to running after work...may go to vitamin shoppe to see if they have some of that bad tasting ultra fuel...have a good day all

kay- good to see you

blue - have a great race whichever way you approach it

lrb - good luck with the doc

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi guys! I was MIA because I took some time off post-marathon (ran twice in two weeks) but I need to get back on the saddle so here I am.

I ran 5 amazingly excellent miles last night. My fastest run in months. I did my hilly route and I ran it too fast but I don't care.

Yes - Jess and I met Matt on Sunday. He put his arm around me for the picture. I almost died. I'm disappointed that he didn't propose marriage to me right then, but I guess he wants to take it slow. Big grin

No wonder I asked if he was your husband.  Must have been those vibes you were shooting: "propose marriage!"

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

outoftheblue, good luck!

Damaris

B-Plus

zOMG I just realized I should be going mad right about now. Mods please don't ban me if I start a thread titled, "Help training for a marathon in less than 3 weeks - NEED ADVICE NOW"

2x2 mi @ HMP tonight

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They lied.  102F and 77DP and the high has not occurred yet.  I shall be shuffling my workouts because there is no way in hell I want to do speedwork in this shit.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Later today will be a hike with the dog and Dorian.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

@runjerseygirl

A beautiful, sunny lunch run.

Do you even run?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome 3 miles girl, next year with my 5th day being added I might use it during lunch for a 2-3 miler with Dorian..... maybe.

A beautiful, sunny lunch run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Good morning!

Are you planning a 1:50 time this weekend?  I am pacing that group...if I am able to stand upright that is.  There is not a 1:55 pace group (I think you may have mentioned that), it goes 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30 and 2:45.

Blue, you always make the correct decisions where race strategy is concerned.

Zel, I fully expect that and if that's all it is, I would be fine with it.

Ric, there are a ton of fuel choices out there.  Try not to get fat while trying them all!

April, hi!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.6. I'm at the airport now to go to ATL for work.

Marjorie

Are you planning a 1:50 time this weekend?  I am pacing that group...if I am able to stand upright that is.  There is not a 1:55 pace group (I think you may have mentioned that), it goes 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30 and 2:45.

If I see you standing at the start, I'll say what up.  But no.. this is not my goal race (detroit) and with those hills 1:50 would be pretty ridiculous. Anything sub 2 and I'd be content, although 1:55 would be great. I ran lansing in the spring 1:54 (flat course). Good luck pacing man. Are you concerned with the course profile with regards to your pacing duties?

Brooksie Way HM Elevation Profile

LRB

I did the practice run out there ten days ago.  If you resist the urge to race the first 5 miles, you will get it all back the last 2 miles.

I did the practice run out there ten days ago.  If you resist the urge to race the first 5 miles, you will get it all back the last 2 miles.

Damn, me too.  I was in rough shape that day as it capped a PB in weekly miles (56). Problem is, I'll never run that course properly rested and it's not worth it anyway. Too up and down for a PR unless your previous PR is SUPER soft.

LRB

Yeah I ran it easy with a sore back, but contrary to what many think, you can negative split that course.  It would never be a PR course for anyone, but if you pace it right, you can finish strong.  Depending on where you are in your training, a 1:55 is not an impossibility, as you are probably in sub-1:50 flat course shape by now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

105F and 77DP at 3:40pm.  But who's looking at the weather?

Damaris