Beginners and Beyond

Baltimore Half Marathon RR (my HM debut! lots of pics!) (Read 118 times)

What a great debut HM and RR! I registered for this race, as well, but had to defer due to injury. I knew you were going to run it and have been looking forward to reading your RR. I'm glad you had a good time (minus a few of those hills) and I love the medal. Big grin

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Congrats on your first half! Loved reading your report!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

YAAAAAY, Kristin!!  You did it. Smile Aren't HMs fun? As usual, it looks like you had a great time. I know you are already thinking about your next oneSmile  Also, I don'[t think your first mile was too fast.  Good job and keep it up.

RunswithBeer

Congratulations on your first half. You did great.

I ran the half also and it was my second half. I knew there were hills but my goodness, they just kept coming and coming. Your RR sounded very much like my experience except you were a little smarter as I started out way too fast. Those hills (and I train on hills) made parts of my body hurt that have never hurt from running.

I felt that it was physically challenging but more mentally challenging. And it sounds like you did a great job of conquering the mental obstacles. Congrats.

Just think, if your debut was on a course that tough, you will probably PR in your second attempt.

Keep running.

outoftheblue

Congratulations!  Way to nail those goals.  Great RR and pictures, too.

Life is good.

RabbitChaser

Great job, Kristin! I'm glad your first HM was a good experience! You had fun, met almost all your goals, and finished with a faster avg. pace than your first 5K and 10K races, I cal that a successful race! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the RR and pics.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations!  I'm so glad you had such a positive experience in your first half marathon.

Ric-G

congrats...like that you use "over the moon"....great job on the race!

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great report and thanks for all those Great Legs photos! Big grin

Congrats on your half, you did great!  Very nice report too!

Altho I still don't get that the 5K started so much way earlier than the half marathon.  You would think, in the 'natural' order of things, the 5K folks would be the last to go.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Nice!   I'm happy for you.  Smile

And I want to know what you thought of your fueling strategy since I know that was a point of concern before!

PADRunner

Congrats! Great job.

hog4life

I don't see how you remember so many details, ha. I can't remember from one mile to the next. Congratulations on your first half, you have done great, and should be proud of your accomplishments. Is that really you from a year ago? Doesn't look like the same person, you look great.

Zelanie

Congratulations on completing your first half!  I didn't realize that this particular race had played such a big part in motivating you to run.  Smile  I'm glad you were able to beat your goals and already have your sights set on the next one!

happylily

Way to go, Kristin! You're quickly becoming a real pro! Great RR and pictures, as always.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Amazonian Princess

Congrats!

Excellent job and fantastic report, and I'm so impressed you went from under the weather to over the moon Big grin

I can. I will. I am.