Beginners and Beyond

When in the DAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

Yo!

For the first time in forever I have managed two consecutive nights of decent sleep.  You would think with as much as I run that sleep would not be a problem but I have the hardest time getting my stupid brain to shut off most nights.

On the docket for me today is an easy run this morning, then a session on the red cord with Nicole this afternoon.  I really am not all that enamored with that ridiculous thing, but building a foundation is rarely exciting be it for a home, finances or whatever the case may be.

What's up with you peeps?

Just B.S.

Back to normal routine after a  day off to celebrate.

Headed to the pool now, work, hospital, 7 miles after that.

Have a super fab day all you lovely people. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got out the door just after 4 AM for a 5.5 miler, took it easy and enjoyed the light rain.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Rest day for me.

Damaris

delicate flower

Happy Wednesday!  Speaking of sleep, I think I am on the opposite cycle than LRB.  Seems that I need to sleep more and party less.  I've been dragging butt all week.  Speaking of dragging butt, last night I ran 7 miles at 8:40 pace on a hilly route.  That was my first really humid run of the year, and even as those things go, it wasn't terribly oppressive.  80 degrees, 65 dew point.  But after a speed workout Monday, yesterday's run took some effort.  I'm looking at 6 easy miles after work today.

DW did great in her first triathlon of the season last night (she does a local series and does six of the races).  She beat her bests from last year on all three legs of the race.  Not bad for her first one this year.

Welp, off to hopefully get some work done.  No meetings today.  Those days are rare these days.

<3

happylily

9 miles with 2 at MP. Shouldn't be too difficult, since my MP has been readjusted to what I used to call my easy pace only 3 months ago.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

DW did great in her first triathlon of the season last night (she does a local series and does six of the races).  She beat her bests from last year on all three legs of the race.  Not bad for her first one this year.

Congrats to MBC! PB on all 3 legs is awesome!

We have our first of 2014 on June 22nd, can't wait!

Forgot to mention. A co-worker who is organizing the company picnic on  Friday came into my training room on
                Monday, called me aside and asked

"you swim right",

"umm, yes"

" so you are comfortable in the water right"

"ummm, yes"

"Great! we need people for the dunk tank. Bring your bathing suit to work on Friday"

LRB

lol - that'll be a good day to call in sick!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I met up with the group again today for what will likely be the last time in a while, due to a combination of their race schedule, my family schedule, and my plans to start refocusing on speedwork this summer. Today's workout was only a little over 4 miles, but mixed in with it we did two long hill climbs, two medium length hill sprints, two sets of planks (about 2 minutes each, I think), and a wall squat.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, MBC!

Beth, LMFAO.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  SRD for me. Smile

LRB- Good luck on the red torture device cord!

Beth- What a setup, yikes!  Good luck in the dunk tank.

FreeSoul- Sounds like a nice run!

D- Enjoy the RD.

Phil- Did you just say that out loud?  Any time I mention, even to DH, that I have no meetings, I swear I have 3 scheduled by the time I get to work.

Lily- Enjoy the 9.

Step- Glad you got another chance to run with the group today.

Just B.S.

I have a bit of evil in me in case you hadn't guessed!  I already have a plan in place. First of all I

am going to wear my most colorful cap AND my pink swim goggles.

Also, I am laminating phrases on 8x11 paper,  to hold up when people are trying to hit the target.

pitchers got a rubber arm

not in a million years

forget your glasses today?

Loser with a capital "L"

May I suggest throwing lessons?

More suggestions welcome.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! LOL Beth, you're going to be a riot if you bring signs.

Congrats to MBC!

After all the easy running last week, I decided it was time for some fast running. 6 miles done today, 4 at Tempo. Splits were 7:54, 7:49, 7:43 and 7:39 on the Threshold stuff. I'm looking forward to my next race, because I think I should update my vDOT for my Fall HM training.

Today is my Friday at work! Hurray!

- Andrew

Zelanie

We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher

I've seen better throws at Pottery Barn

LRB

You don't even throw like a girl.